PDA

View Full Version : Chipped bottom...how to fix??

Flic
04-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi all. I'm a new forum user as well as a new owner of a Supervee 27R. Love this boat as it is my first 'fast' rc boat. I just finished my 5th run on it and I must have hit something in the water as a piece of the paint layer about an inch long chipped off on the bottom. It did not go through the fiberglass but it appears it will likely continue to chip off. How would one go about fixing this?? I tried to submit a pic, hopefully it worked. Thanks for any help!

Eric

dana
04-30-2011, 04:39 PM
if it were me i would use some ca glue med. then touch it up with nail polish. easiest fix

egneg
04-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Ca only works when there is a lack of O2. Fill it in then place a plastic bag over the area to force it to cure. You may need to do this more than once depending on how deep it it is.

dana
04-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Ca only works when there is a lack of O2. Fill it in then place a plastic bag over the area to force it to cure. You may need to do this more than once depending on how deep it it is.

i should have mentioned using accelorator

egneg
04-30-2011, 07:04 PM
i should have mentioned using accelorator

That will work as well.

U1Racing
04-30-2011, 10:59 PM
you could mix up 5 min epoxy and cabosil or micro balloons then fill in the chip spot with the mixture then paint over it with nail polish, it would be as good as new almost

Flic
05-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for these suggestions! Since I have some medium CA on hand, I will give that a shot. I'll then see if my wife has any yellow nail polish:biggrin: I do have a bottle of yellow Testors enamel paint. Would that work as well? Not too concerned about an exact match since it is on the bottom.

wparsons
05-22-2011, 11:47 PM

CA will cure in air, but it does require moisture/humidity to dry. Thread locker requires a lack of oxygen to cure though.