PDA

View Full Version : rookie question

brian6989
04-28-2011, 05:25 PM
ok here is a question I have been reading all the posts about the faster mg blowing over what is the reason no one is running adjustable trim tabs?????
im sure there is a good reason

Seacraftarioch
04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
It's a cat, so when you get going and most of the boat is out of the water there is alot of surface area for air to catch and send it over

brian6989
04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I understand that most of the boat is out of the water but I also see guys putting there water pickups at the rear of the bottom of the boat so I assumed that the rear is in the water for the boat to get water for cooling or am I wrong??

ron1950
04-28-2011, 06:28 PM
the rudder in alot of cases has the water pick up low down in the water

brian6989
04-28-2011, 06:38 PM
yes you are right but i have seen guys like jPriami put dual pick ups in the back of the boat on the bottom not on the rudder is it in the water most of the time except full throttle and so it keeps it cool except at WOT. My thoughts were if you just had a small amount of trim maybe 5 or 8 degrees it might keep the nose planted at high speed but again im a rookie and appreciate all the opinions you guys know way more than I do...thanks again

Seacraftarioch
04-29-2011, 06:14 AM
I think if you do that it may cause the boat to hook in turns

TheShaughnessy
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM
yes you are right but i have seen guys like jPriami put dual pick ups in the back of the boat on the bottom not on the rudder is it in the water most of the time except full throttle and so it keeps it cool except at WOT. My thoughts were if you just had a small amount of trim maybe 5 or 8 degrees it might keep the nose planted at high speed but again im a rookie and appreciate all the opinions you guys know way more than I do...thanks again

Trim tabs are for monos and flat bottoms. The trim is adjusted with the batteries, the strut and the rudder.

every boat in the 30" range is susceptible to a blow over when it gets to the 60 mph range or even 40 for that matter.