PDA

View Full Version : durabiblity?

Rcforever27
04-28-2011, 03:40 PM
so just wondering thoughts on the durability of the spartans hull... after you modify all the drive system and put bigger /higher kv motors in and more aggressive props? i know the "powertrain" will be virtually bombproof, but is this hull really durable enough ? still in the process of building,soldering, wiring everything up. so didnt really get to use it that much ..used it probably 2 times with the stock power system and over temp. triggered after like 10 mins...... thoughts on the hull? thanks in advance!!!

dag-nabit
04-28-2011, 05:09 PM
The boat hasn't really been around long enough to answer this question.

Engineering, Design, and Manufacture can certainly target a certain design strength and durability, but only after long term service in real life conditions can over all durability be confirmed.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and I say that because very little of what has been claimed or expected of the Spartan has come to pass, and say that if you target the 50 "ish" mph range the hull should hold up fairly well.

There are those who have pushed it successfully past the 60 mph mark, but there is no long term track record to show how well the hull may, or may not, stand up to the extra stress.

Also, JPriami built a Spartan for his friend, and it folded in half the first time they ran it. Peter with Traxass believes the top and bottom half of the hull were not fully bonded which led to the failure, and that is very possible. But we may find, over time, the hull doesn't stand up well even under "normal" or "claimed" operating parameters.

Only time will tell, but in general, the harder you push any piece of equipment the more prone it will be to additional maintenance, breakdown, catastrophic failure, or wearing out prematurely.

Kevin

Rcforever27
04-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah that's true well see and you're right only time will tell... And I remember seeing those pics on here of that boat.... Ouch!!!!! That sucks! Thanks Kevin!!!