PDA

View Full Version : Shovel Nose build

ace028
01-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Here is a hull that was given to me, I am sanding it and repainting it. There are some minor flaws that I am going to fix, but I am not going to put a lot of time into it. I will however need to make a new hatch for it, but most of all this boat will be for fun and if it gets nicks and scratchs I'm not going to loose sleep over it, think of it as a basher boat. Please give me some Ideas for hardware and powersystems. I want to keep it cheap as possible, but reliable. I can't find my tape measure, but I estimate it to be about 24-25 inches. I don't know what scale that would put it at though. Thanks.

ace028
01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
I even thought about trying some cheap outrunners, but not being able to really be cooled I'm not sure about reliability.

peells
02-02-2008, 12:03 PM
This is my kid,
we enjoy building boats from scratch and he is responsible for my re found hobby, when I was younger I started building models from scratch and for over 30 years I would not try and even start a project due to bad attitude ect. and now that he has gotten me interested I just want to thank you son for getting me back into creative mode I really needed to put my talents to use instead of letting them rot away.
And by the way I do the painting in the family!!!! :banana: