PDA

View Full Version : 14 cells?

Apples1
01-26-2008, 11:28 PM
G'Day all

It's been a long time coming but i finally got 4 trouble free runs:buttrock:

how ever i cant get it to run on 14 cells, the esc cuts out at full throttle ...has anyone had any luck with this?

i am running stock setup to date and after a dissapointing first couple of months i am pumped with the stock set up, once i trimmed the outdrive up as far as possible it flew 37.6 mph STOCK.

bring on the mods......:w00t:

Steven Vaccaro
01-27-2008, 12:42 PM
It could that you are drawing to many amps, and the esc is quiting, so it doesn't blow. If you have a smaller prop give that a try.

obrien
01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Just use 6 cell packs. There is plenty of speed available with 6 cells.

If you are going to run 7 cell packs, you should probably disconnect the bec.

What prop are you running now?

Apples1
01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
just running the stock prop and setup

337kpayne8980
02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
What is the BEC? i am new and i ordered 7 cell packs.

Jesse J
02-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Cutting out at full throttle has got to be one of the most frustrating things about this ESC. If you don't have the programming card, get one and reprogram your ESC. Even if it is the exact same programming settings, this can help you out. I have noticed that the ESC is kinda finicky and needs some slapping around to get it to behave. I have not disabled the BEC and have run it on 12 cells, 4S, 6S, 16 cells and sometimes it did that cut out crap and others it screamed, so I am not convinced the too many amps explanation covers all situations. Try reprogramming it and see how it does.

The BEC (battery eliminating circuit) can be disabled by removing the red wire in the line that goes to the rx. Instead of cutting it permanently in the ESC, you can get a 6" servo extension and cut the red wire in that so if you go back to 12 cells and want the BEC you can.

337kpayne8980
02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
i have the programmer and the 7 cells are on the way. never ran it yet. but if i cut the red wire will i have to power the reciver with a 6.0 volt reciver battery pack?

sn00p
02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
try connecting the batts with the throttle on full. wait for 3 or for beepsin succeseeioin the remove batts anbd start up as usual.

ApacheDude
02-07-2009, 10:36 AM
try connecting the batts with the throttle on full. wait for 3 or for beepsin succeseeioin the remove batts anbd start up as usual.

Second this advice. This ESC is very picky about arming to run correctly. This same speed controller is in the Formula Fastech deep vee from Proboat and it behaves the exact same way.