PDA

View Full Version : Lipo Placement

Smoothops
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I know i have seen it in here some where but can`t find. Where do i place my lipos in the front or more towards the back for Miss geico. Also if there would be more people in chat we could answer simple questions. Anyone ever go into chat?

kjohnsiii
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Try 7 3/4 from the hull put a mark there and place your battery at the center of the mark. Test it out and make small adjustments from there.

jac4412
04-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Smooth you need to find the COG (center of gravity) on your boat. That is the point where your boat will "balance". TO do this myself I have a foot long triangular prism ruler which I place my MG on. I slide it either back and forth to find out the boat where I can get the boat to balance by itself (or pretty darn close). I've heard people say its anywhere from 7 inches from the transom to 12... have to do it yourself! Once you find that point theres where you place your batteries on... half in front of that point... half in back. You can just the batteries forward or backwards from that point depending on what the boats doing in the water. If youre way off of it you'll see it jumping at high speeds.

Smoothops
04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Well i took it out for its first run and went kinda bad. Only ran for about two minutes and it got away from me. My first boat the UL-1 which i have two runs on turns really wide and right only, so i seen how sharp the MG was turning right and left so i punched it and she flipped on me and all i had to recover was UL-1 and that did not work... Please don`t laugh but i was desperate. So i let it wash to shore and it was completely dry. More than i could say for my UL-1 was half full of water and was cutting in and out at the end. She on the bench drying out. I guess i will try battery placement another day, at least until my recovery boat comes in the mail.

jac4412
04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Ya... a hydro isn't a good rescue boat. Just keep playing around with it... you'll find it. You can also try to adjust the strut lower or higher.