PDA

View Full Version : New lipo?

Rcforever27
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone heard about the new maxamps water cooled lipos? Saw an ad i'n Rc car actions June issue.... No info on their website.... That's kind of scary that water is going to be flowing through the batteries.... I dint know what would happen if the water somehow got into the cells.......??....

Panama Jack
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
the water has to go between the cells and I really dont think water will ever get in the cells as they are all sealled inside an aluminum bag.

but to be honest this water cooled lipo sounds verry verry intresting

Rcforever27
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh ok gotcha... It is a clever idea tho.... Wonder how much they're gonna be..... Thanks for the reply!

hyrulejedi86
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Alot of what I read on this forum and another was it's kind of rediculous, because lipos perform better at warmer temperatures. And if your pushing your lipos so hard that they NEED water cooling then you have the wrong lipos.

Rcforever27
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah I hear ya don't know about those lipos...... Lol sometimes cooler isn't better.... Just wanted thoughts on tht new technology....lipos don't usually get that hot lol and you're right if they get that hot you have major issues..... Not a huge fan of maxamps too much money for what you get..... Have a maxamps 8000 for a rustler vxl and seems to be weakining..... Had it for 2 years tho but it was 285$ lol....

spartanonfire
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Alot of what I read on this forum and another was it's kind of rediculous, because lipos perform better at warmer temperatures. And if your pushing your lipos so hard that they NEED water cooling then you have the wrong lipos.

That's what I was thinking. I've never had Lipos get dangerously hot, but I also don't push them too hard, just recreational use. Maybe for racing it would be worthwhile.

Diesel6401
04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
There is a reason some racers pre-heat there lipos!

Rcforever27
04-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Lol really? Ok gotcha.... Lol it's going to be interesting to see a review of how they do .... Lol