PDA

View Full Version : Imex 4290/KV motor ?

Andris Golts
04-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi all was out testing my 15'' catmaran set up with a Imex 4290 /kv inrunner motor.Hull rtr weights 26 oz with 2s 2100 mah lipo's inrunner set up with water jacket tried props from x427-x632 could not achieve decent speeds and motor came at a temp off 130 f after a 2 minute run .How hot could these micro motors go before damaging the motor ? Any other set-up tips would be appreciated as i was not impressed with the performance! Regards Andris Golts.

CHUD
04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Hay bud I have had my mini 20'' cat motor up to 195 and that s bad but after cooling backdown she went back in the water for only about 2to3 min the can was a 20/40 with 35 amp speed controle and a 30mm prop ,after dropping the prop size and adding a new motor with more tork B2835 /2700 TURNIGY with water pick up she fly's,With my boat I had to just wing it ,I would try to drop the prop size first as small as you can.than take the boat back to test,make a lap and cheak temps,Can you post a pic I would like to see the boat ,:thumbup1:

Andris Golts
04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi Chud thanks for your input i will try to borrow a digital camera from a friend and take some pictures to post .This hull is called a pool racer 6 of our club members are in the process of building them plans come from one of the british model boat magazines hull looks like a F-1 tunnel hull where there is an actual dummy outboard mounted directly behind the prop that is used as a rudder and motor sit almost as far forward in the bow as possible with a .098'' flex shaft going through a strut. Regards Andris Golts.

mhall
04-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Hi Andris!

Do you know the website of where these plans can be found?

Thanks