PDA

View Full Version : whats the best way to get mg faster

evelio
04-25-2011, 06:40 PM
hi guys im new to the whole thing i just brought 2 new mg's my first boats ever hope i got the rite boat for me i also got the lipo's dynamite 2s 5300 25c while i just got back from riding them and there really fun but wanted to know what to do to get more out of her and if i need better batterys

jac4412
04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
evelio, check out the other posts... there are a ton of things to do to your MG to get it going faster. My orginal setup was the same as yours.. stock with those batteries. Youre looking at around 32-35mph stock with an x642 propeller in the setup.

Do you need better batteries? To get more out of the boat... yes, you should look for some 30 or 40 c batteries. HOWEVER... those batteries (the dyna) are extremely good quality. They will last and hold a charge. I'll use up my own pair because theyre a very decent quality, at the very least I'll keep them in the back of my box.

Check out the other threads, theres alot of things to consider. The first things being to upgrade your propeller and esc.

JackBlack26
04-25-2011, 06:58 PM
As far as "better" batteries, that's a huge can of worms. I use the "cheaper" Hobby King packs. The best thing I can advise is for you to use the highest c rating you can afford.

As far as more speed, a grim 42x55 prop will definitely wake the boat up. An Octura x442 will work too. You can run 5s but need to run an external battery pack or a BEC an remove the red wire from the ESC connector, to the reciever.

evelio
04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
so the proboat metal prop wont work cause thats what i put on there ive read the other posts on here thats what maid me buy the boats but i dont be understanding everything you guys be saying cause im new to this and noone around me is into this hobby so im lost in the hobby store i go to only deals with products from horizon hobbys so its hard for me to get some of the parts i need

jac4412
04-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Well... Evelio the best advice I can give you is read! Read... read..

Check out the tips/info section on this site...

read my website here:
https://sites.google.com/site/jac4412/electronics-batts-etc

For a starter, you want to change your batts, prop, and esc. that is the easiest. I'll try to sum everything up in a nutshell. Your motor wants power... for that it draws amps... from the battery. You need a battery that can supply enough amps. For that, you want a high discharge rate battery (certainly higher than the 25c of the dynas). Now in doing this, you need to watch what controls the amp flow... thats your ESC. More speed=more amp flow to the motor=a need for an ESC that can stand the flow.

Ask questions what you want to know specifically, there are plenty of people who are willing to help... that's how everyone gets better. Sucks working on your own.. believe me I've done it.

evelio
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
thanks alot jac for taking time to break it down for me u sure are rite its hard trying to do this alone but i have to learn so how thank you again

SWOOP10
04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Great boat! I was asking the same questions last week with my new MG, here is what i did and wow what a diffrence. I bought (2) 2S 5000mah 50C batteries from John the battery guy on ebay and swapped props to the grim racer 42x55! I am running 45mph to 50mph i am going to GPS it this week. I also just purchased a 120A ESC, UL! motor and (2) 3S batteries which should get me into the 50's. I will post my results per GPS next week.