PDA

View Full Version : New Generation II boats on their way!

sailr
04-25-2011, 10:13 AM
We will soon have our GII boats in stock. Most likely will arrive in mid May. The GII's will feature the new Tenshock VIPER 4 pole motor, 3200KV in place of the previous 2600KV 2 pole motors in the stock Micro Hydro. The same motor will populate the Mini ECO and Starship. The ESC is also upgraded to a 40A in place of the previous 30A. The 40A comes with a program card. The final change (which I don't like) is that all flexshafts will now use a 4mm threaded prop rather than a drive dog prop. When we heard of this change, we ordered 200 drive dog flexshafts for those that want to change back. No, we will not change them out for you when you order a boat.

These new boats should provide appreciably higher speeds and improved quality of both the motors and esc's.

Keep watching our website!

Brushless55
04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
very cool :banana:

sailr
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, we're stoked. The TENSHOCK Viper motors are taking the world by Storm in Europe!

Brushless55
04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
sounds like these are going to be a good bit faster..

sailr
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
The stock Micro Hydros' have been gps'd at 37-38mph which is already pretty fast for a 17" boat! We expect to see speeds in excess of 40mph with the new GII's!

badag98
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
We will soon have our GII boats in stock. Most likely will arrive in mid May. The GII's will feature the new Tenshock VIPER 4 pole motor, 3200KV in place of the previous 2600KV 2 pole motors in the stock Micro Hydro. The same motor will populate the Mini ECO and Starship. The ESC is also upgraded to a 40A in place of the previous 30A. The 40A comes with a program card. The final change (which I don't like) is that all flexshafts will now use a 4mm threaded prop rather than a drive dog prop. When we heard of this change, we ordered 200 drive dog flexshafts for those that want to change back. No, we will not change them out for you when you order a boat.

These new boats should provide appreciably higher speeds and improved quality of both the motors and esc's.

Keep watching our website!

Jim, The Echo I bought from you late last year had a Viper 4 pole motor in it. I belive it was the 12Y 3200kv. That little booger hauls!!

sailr
04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Yes, the ECO was the first one out with the upgrades. Now the other boats will have it too. I just included the ECO in my post so people would know that it too has the upgrades. I didn't want to leave it out.

The ECO is an absolute riot to drive. Amazing it doesn't sell as well as the other boats. Must look too European for some folks. It's a hot competition class over there. ;-)

sailr
04-25-2011, 06:57 PM
For those asking, who must have deleted the post, the boats have not changed other than the motors/esc's. No point in fighting success!

SweetAccord
04-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I posted then deleted my question as I realized that they are the same hulls.

SweetAccord
04-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Are the motors and ESC's available separately for everyone that already has one?

sailr
04-26-2011, 07:50 AM
They will be later this summer.

Are the motors and ESC's available separately for everyone that already has one?