PDA

View Full Version : Prop Selection

gibbies_03
04-24-2011, 12:27 PM
So...got the boat GPS'd at 52 this morning. Thats with a polished and balanced X642. What other props out there are going to get me the max speed out of the boat. Running 6s with 180A ESC and 2200 KV.

I know there is a lot more potential in the boat with my set-up but I still gotta get the WAH WAH's out of it(only 2nd time out with boat) Any suggestions on the WAH WAH's??? Have the rudder re-locate and she's still bouncing

Thanks and HAPPY EASTER

bbosncali
05-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Wow that's a lot of rpms keep an eye on your temps and amp draw. I gained 7mph going from a x642 to an m445 with a cc 1512 1800kv on 6s I hit 55.3mph. Although I have to say my cc didn't break a sweat running that much juice at over 40000 rpms. Still I'm going the other way with a lower kv motor today so ill see what the difference is. I know ill be able to swing a bigger prop just a question of how big

JPriami
05-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Try offsetting the rudder on the wah wah's.
Im surprised your only getting 52MPH on a 2200Kv@6S x642. What were the temps? Your just making short runs?

gibbies_03
05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
really short runs...we havent tried much with the set-up yet...just getting a starting point and moving forward from there

Diesel6401
05-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Only hitting 52mph turning that much rpm something is really wrong. I have mentioned before and will do it again that running that much rpm is just asking for problems. Depending how many runs you have it on, your motor bearing and strut bushing are prob worn pretty good already. You should be running faster then that on 4s alone. I would HIGHLY recommend reducing the voltage and work on properly setting up your boat. Adding more voltage to a poorly setup boat is never a good idea. JMHO

TheShaughnessy
05-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Only hitting 52mph turning that much rpm something is really wrong. I have mentioned before and will do it again that running that much rpm is just asking for problems. Depending how many runs you have it on, your motor bearing and strut bushing are prob worn pretty good already. You should be running faster then that on 4s alone. I would HIGHLY recommend reducing the voltage and work on properly setting up your boat. Adding more voltage to a poorly setup boat is never a good idea. JMHO

I hit 48.3 on a 20 dollar 2300 kv hobby king motor that had seen better days, and that was on 4s and the first time i put it in. Not sure why you are running a 2200 kv motor on 6s, unloaded you may be getting a bunch of rpm but then when the motor has a load on it you are just losing all the rpms cause the torque isn't there. This is mostly speculation but i'm pretty sure it makes sense.