PDA

View Full Version : Hit 60 mph on my genesis today...

Shaun78
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Leopard 4082 1500 kv with an x642 prop......imagine if I could keep the same strut angle and run an m445? Running a larger prop the strut needs to be dropped so speeds aren't as good. An offset rudder kit I think would work...hmmmmm.

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Leopard 4082 1500 kv with an x642 prop......imagine if I could keep the same strut angle and run an m445? Running a larger prop the strut needs to be dropped so speeds aren't as good. An offset rudder kit I think would work...hmmmmm.

Good job on the speed...

Actually you may find more speed with the x642 over the m445... sometimes it's all about the pitch :spy:

Shaun78
04-21-2011, 07:57 PM
My poor friend bosnicali lost a boat today....maiden voyage, was running good and then hit a wave or flipped and then splash, went under and we figured no big deal but it never came up.. Had foam in the front too but still sank..

johnf
04-21-2011, 08:01 PM
That sucks!

dano1
04-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Good job on the speed...

Actually you may find more speed with the x642 over the m445... sometimes it's all about the pitch :spy:

Thats the genesis i built dale, he is working bugs out of it, i told ya that boat will turn some good times, with the thru hull pickups i know its slowing her down some, some more adjustments and she will fly

dano1
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
man........thats a bummer on that mono, i still cant believe she sank with foam in bow

dano1
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
to be honest your gonna do alot of work and not gain much, bigger batterys will get the crave.....but only a few short passes

Shaun78
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Ya I could squeeze more out of her but I'm happy with mid to upper 50's and today's 60.0 run.....

Packs can go back more and strut could go up a little further. Thanks Dan, I love it.....I think it turns fine, I have no complaints...

dag-nabit
04-21-2011, 08:07 PM

Cool....

I have a Fightercat genesis hull en-route and will be setting it up with the same motor and ESC.

Have a few different props to try, including an x642, so now I have an idea what to expect.

Too bad about the loss of the bosncali's boat. No way to try to recover it?..... safely.

Kevin

gibbies_03
04-21-2011, 08:09 PM
My poor friend bosnicali lost a boat today....maiden voyage, was running good and then hit a wave or flipped and then splash, went under and we figured no big deal but it never came up.. Had foam in the front too but still sank..

I kinda know the feeling...hit the lake for my second run this last wknd with some different motor set-ups and she flipped and only the nose stuck out of the water...Luckily we had foamed the sponsons and had that crappy piece of foam that comes stock...

NOTE TO SELF...always tape hatch!!!

dano1
04-21-2011, 08:11 PM
he had her running pretty dam good to.....she must of been taking on some water from somewhere, he had lit taped up so that rules that out, im thinking the shaft was pulling water in somehow.....gezzzzzzz.....that was a cool hull too, he was getting 40 some mph and said she handled great.

dano1
04-21-2011, 08:15 PM
well i blew everything out the ass end of the kos on that pass shaun.....and it was updated stuff.......now its back to square one on this dam thing, didnt loose the props thanks to couplers on prop shaft

G1ST
04-21-2011, 08:24 PM
That sucks losing a new boat

Shaun78
04-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Dagnabit...the problem with larger props is that the prop will hit the strut so u need to angle it down and that looses speed.....keep me posted, just got mine so let me know what u do and upgrade? Dan, that stinks. What broke?

Shaun78
04-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Gibbies, I haven't used hatch tape on my genesis...I'm afraid of the clear coat peeling but I'm trying to see if hockey tape or the hatch tape from ose will peel the clear coat. I guess clear coat peeling is better than loosing an entire boat

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 08:42 PM

:sorry:

Thats the genesis i built dale, he is working bugs out of it, i told ya that boat will turn some good times, with the thru hull pickups i know its slowing her down some, some more adjustments and she will fly

Yup she scootrs alright. I think the Genny like higher rpm lower prop diameter and more pitch which is why the x642 turns some good numbers... Well thats just my experiece with the Genesis...

well i blew everything out the ass end of the kos on that pass shaun.....and it was updated stuff.......now its back to square one on this dam thing, didnt loose the props thanks to couplers on prop shaft

What happened?!?!? Electronics didn't go poof did they?!?

Shaun78
04-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Diesel, that makes sense....60 is moving for sure..... Dan, the mono was running an m445 on 4s and hitting about 43mph.

6sHyper
04-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Gibbies, I haven't used hatch tape on my genesis...I'm afraid of the clear coat peeling but I'm trying to see if hockey tape or the hatch tape from ose will peel the clear coat. I guess clear coat peeling is better than loosing an entire boat

Just use black electrical tape, trust me it wont peal the clear, you should definately tape the hatch.

ron1950
04-21-2011, 08:54 PM
hockey tape will take the fiberglass off lol.....that stuff really stick hard...try proboat tape....it sticks well but wont destroy paint and decals....

wha hull did your friend lose? fore what i have in my boats....id swim for it if the water were clear enough....down here in mississippi the water vis is about 3 inches

dag-nabit
04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Dagnabit...the problem with larger props is that the prop will hit the strut so u need to angle it down and that looses speed.....keep me posted, just got mine so let me know what u do and upgrade? Dan, that stinks. What broke?

Will do, just shipped, and with the holiday weekend and international shipping, could be a couple weeks before I see it.

The M447, M445 and P225 are all props that were suggested by Ben at Fightercat, so we will see. I'm new to cats, so there is going to be a learning curve.....

I will be happy with stable running in the mid 40 to 50 range.

Kevin

gibbies_03
04-22-2011, 12:50 AM

never had any problems with electrical tape so Im gonna stick with that...def glad we put the extra foam in the front of the boat...helps with handling too...round two will be in havasu this wknd with the big motor and smooth water at 630 am...

iamandrew
04-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Ive just taken out my genesis this afternoon , ran quite well
Bought 2 props from kenetic racing, sanded them down, but i dont know if they are "balanced" but they look pretty good now, one was a X642, the other was a 440/3
im supprised about the 3 blade prop. Next time i take it out ill try and get hold of a GPS, but the smoothness of the 3 blade was instantly noticable, hardly threw up any wash, and definatly picked up after the first 10M, i swear the whole boat was quieter as well! I couldnt visually tell the difference in speed with the two props though

dano1
04-22-2011, 09:22 AM
the stinger on left rear came apart at prop, the bearing worked its way out, this is updated stuff too, gonna look it over a bit more to see what happened, but she sure scoots on 4s and great roostertail, need to take some steering out of rudder,little touchy on turns, this boats handles so much different now with the batt relocated. I like the boat now....lmao

b.mcdaniel.2009
04-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Any video of that 60mph....?

b.mcdaniel.2009
04-22-2011, 04:40 PM

:iagree: Try a x645. should pick up a few MPH there and should be okay on temps as well......M445 is way to small for that 37" hull IMO.

dano1
04-22-2011, 06:01 PM
i got 60s pretty easy with that boat, im not sure if i have a vid on you tube of it or not, but I have one running 60.....oh....yes....thats my old boat, he is having a blast with her

dano1
04-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Any video of that 60mph....?

i do have a vid on you tube running the same boat when i hit the 60s, its danogti if ya wanna check it out, lot left in the motor, she was barely bustin a sweat, shaun just needs to get the bugs outta her and he is on it

Shaun78
04-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I had a run yesterday over 60 for sure, no gps inside but it was moving......