PDA

View Full Version : Prop ? (DF Sniper 23)

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Kinda torn on what prop to get for this little guy. Props I have in mind are a m435/3 or a y537/3?!?

Setup is:
ESC: Seaking 120
Motor: Tacon 2860 4D 2550kv
Batts: Tenergy 4000mah 25c (4s)

Speed is not the main goal (even though im running 4s on this motor :glare:) I would rather have the m435/3, but I am worried if she would cavatate to much. I like the diamter and the slight pitch of the y537/3 but worried she maybe too much at those rpms... :confused2:

Suggestions/info always welcomed!

tiqueman
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Your inspiring me to dust mine off and actually run it this year. And remove the stock esc and motor and get her movin. Im going to follow this one... :popcorn2:

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Your inspiring me to dust mine off and actually run it this year. And remove the stock esc and motor and get her movin. Im going to follow this one... :popcorn2:

Def interested on how this little guy will run.

Closest thing I ever had to this size hull before was a H&M no step 1 with UL1 power in it :rockon2: needless to say that boat wasn't slow....lol

Any wise words of prop advice for this little guy Tiq?!?

properchopper
04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
For inspiration :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Lm-Py53CU

tiqueman
04-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Def interested on how this little guy will run.

Closest thing I ever had to this size hull before was a H&M no step 1 with UL1 power in it :rockon2: needless to say that boat wasn't slow....lol

Any wise words of prop advice for this little guy Tiq?!?

Not a clue D. Id just open my prop box and guess. If it ran cool or hot, Id guess again. :thumbup:

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Not a clue D. Id just open my prop box and guess. If it ran cool or hot, Id guess again. :thumbup:

Yea that's the only problem bud. I don't have anything smaller then 40mm in my prop box. Lowest I have is a x440.... I need to buy a new prop which is why I wanted to get it right the first time (sometimes hard to do). Since I chose not to S&B my props myself anymore 1 prop is like $45 so I didn't what to by both the m435 and the y537 Def don't want to spend $90...

:help:

properchopper
04-21-2011, 07:04 PM

I use a very similar, very scientific technique called the " Inter-Ocular Trauma Test"
I open my prop box, stare at them until what seems to be the appropriate selection hits me between the eyes, then grab the prop wrench :thumbup1:

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
For inspiration :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Lm-Py53CU

Very nice...

I use a very similar, very scientific technique called the " Inter-Ocular Trauma Test"
I open my prop box, stare at them until what seems to be the appropriate selection hits me between the eyes, then grab the prop wrench :thumbup1:

:rofl:

tiqueman
04-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Yea that's the only problem bud. I don't have anything smaller then 40mm in my prop box. Lowest I have is a x440.... I need to buy a new prop which is why I wanted to get it right the first time (sometimes hard to do). Since I chose not to S&B my props myself anymore 1 prop is like $45 so I didn't what to by both the m435 and the y537 Def don't want to spend $90...

:help:

Thats 2 D. :doh: And my selection doesnt take long, my prop box isnt that impressive. I do however have a small variety of smaller diameter props from the late Mini Rio, may she still rest in piece, in 6 feet of water that I STILL cannot find her in. I will see what I have, if its anythnig youd be interested in, I can mail it to you for some testing and you can mail them back. I dont have either of the ones you list though.
May just have to take a stab at it and work a couple props yourself. it will be worth the money saved esp if they or one doesnt perform how you hoped. Or keep an eye on the swap shop. theres been an abundance of props for sale lately.

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Thats 2 D. :doh: And my selection doesnt take long, my prop box isnt that impressive. I do however have a small variety of smaller diameter props from the late Mini Rio, may she still rest in piece, in 6 feet of water that I STILL cannot find her in. I will see what I have, if its anythnig youd be interested in, I can mail it to you for some testing and you can mail them back. I dont have either of the ones you list though.
May just have to take a stab at it and work a couple props yourself. it will be worth the money saved esp if they or one doesnt perform how you hoped. Or keep an eye on the swap shop. theres been an abundance of props for sale lately.

Sweet... Looking for 35mm-38mm I would guess that would be a good starting place. Here's a list....

x435
m435/3
y535
y536
x437/3
y537/3
x438

tiqueman
04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I have an x435, but um, its not balanced or sharpened :hide: I could try and do it up over the nxt day or two, but you prolly want it NOW!

Diesel6401
04-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I have an x435, but um, its not balanced or sharpened :hide: I could try and do it up over the nxt day or two, but you prolly want it NOW!

If you don't mind doing it up that would be a good starting place... I am not in rush. I'll throw you $$$ for it if you need it.

I may pull the trigger on the y537/3 as well. Then I can have that for the prop box plus most of my stuff is 3/16 drive anyway. This little DF is the only 1/8 drive boat I have. Gotta shim for it, but the 435 i think is 1/8 so should be a perfect prop all the way around on this little guy...

Having 2 props to test with will be great. I'll slap the eagle tree in this bad boy as well, to get some numbers.

riptide1
05-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Hello, I guess Mark told you about the carnage on Sunday. ..Two things I need to learn about ....props and data logging:biggrin: As you know I have your Snipers big brother and ran an x460/3 ...I saw posted that you don't have props smaller than 40mm ...do you have any in the range of 55mm - 58mm that I could could test out. Other than that I don't know if I should stick to the Octura x4 series or venture out.