PDA

View Full Version : 15" mono running

martin
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
This is still 3800kv, Still waiting for the 4400kv motor to arrive. Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emq_9Ai7FoE

SweetAccord
04-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Great runs! I noticed that flipped twice and the nose is pretty high on the top end runs. Is your COG ok? Asking as not sure if they ride that way as WOT. Still it ran more passes very well.

4400kv? What prop are you using now?

martin
04-21-2011, 06:45 PM
This is still the 3800kv & x435 prop,For the set up that i have on these runs the water needs to be glass like & not with the lop thats on the water. I have the strut with slight positive angle & trim tabs level to loosen the hull. As i said this is set up for glass like water where its faster with this trim but suffers a bit on this type of water, Its set around 31% cg but also use up to 34%cg & with down on tabs for more stability but more drag so less speed. You also have to bear in mind that the self righting is done mainly with offset weight to one side that will pose problems with balance of the hull as well only being 4.375" wide. I also run with nutrual strut angle & negative sometimes. I experiment all the time. Martin.

SweetAccord
04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
As i said this is set up for glass like water where its faster with this trim but suffers a bit on this type of water

I don't see where that is stated here? :laugh: You may have stated that in another post but I won't follow everyones posts and link them all together to know, but it's nice regardless! Well done, nice runs. Will be interesting to see on 4400kv! Keep us posted.

martin
04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't see where that is stated here? :laugh: You may have stated that in another post but I won't follow everyones posts and link them all together to know, but it's nice regardless! Well done, nice runs. Will be interesting to see on 4400kv! Keep us posted.

If you read the first 2 sentences on my post above its there:-

Quote, For the set up that i have on these runs the water needs to be glass like & not with the lop thats on the water. I have the strut with slight positive angle & trim tabs level to loosen the hull"

Boat is in dock after breaking the stuffing tube where it enters the strut so new tube being fitted as we speak. Also going to be trying a Octura metal x632 over my normal Octura x435. So slightl increase in pitch but want to see how it handles the torque being a smaller diameter but obviously higher pitch. Martin.

martin
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Hopefully i should have the 4400kv motor soon, Ive also come across some good quality lipos in the UK that are 3s 2200mah 60c continuous which ill also be trying. The ones im using at the moment are 40c. When i went from 25c to 40c their was a very noticable difference in speed increase so also hoping for the same going to 60c. Martin.

martin
05-07-2011, 05:29 AM
This is still 3800kv, Still waiting for the 4400kv motor to arrive. Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emq_9Ai7FoE
Well got to try the 4400kv motor& its much slower, Bit dissapointed in the motor as its the Turnigy H2223 motor, My 3800kv motor is much faster top end, Exceleration is much faster. The extra torque & prop it can swing is really noticable. The Turnigy H2223 motor seems almost tame in comparison, Went down to 30mm props with various sizes between my usuall 35mm. I know what motor ill be putting in my JAE Mini Sprint when i get one. Also done some testing on my 3800kv with my usual Octura metal x435 & tried an expensive Etti cnc aluminium 33.5mm & the Octura beat it hands down in top end + exceleration. For racing the Etti style of prop is probably better as i think it probably draws less amps listening to the sound of the prop slip on excelleration, The Octura just bites. Also tried an Octura x632, Its amazing what some of these little cheap outrunners can turn. Obviously you need an esc that can cope with the amps. Martin.

martin
05-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Well im sticking with my 3800kv motor in this boat & also the same motor will be going in my JAE Mini Sprint when i make one, Its a much faster more powerfull motor than the Turnigy 2223- 4400kv that i got to try. Dont have any more vids yet but ive been running my normal Octura metal x435 now de tongued, Also tried an Octura metal x632 also de tongued so slightly more pitch. The boat is i believe faster on this prop but have a problem with flex winding up to much & getting quite a spiral left in the motor end of flex. Have only been out twice on this prop & have spiraled 2 flexes so im fitting a new drive system & strut up from .090" flex to .130". The boat is definatally more aggresive & faster on these de tougued props ecspecially on the x632, I dare say the new 60c - 80c lipo is probably helping a bit as well as when i went from 25c to 45c their was an increase in accelaration + top end speeds. Just need to get mods done & flat water to hopefully get some faster runs on vid. Regards Martin.