PDA

View Full Version : propeller help please !!!!

Eodman
01-23-2008, 09:13 AM
OK I got a little play money & I want to start ordering for my new toy!

SJFE you recommended quite a few different props which one should I start with?

I will be ordering the 8XL's, Hydra 120"s, what prop would be a good start point?

Also would like to order a couple of different carbon fiber props to get a feel for how the different pitches perform! What carbon props are comparable to the metal prop you guys recommend? I would like to order props above and below the metal one!

One last question SJ are your props counter rotating

Ups tracking says my toy should arrive today!!!!

SJFE
01-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Dude I don't have a twin hull so I am not of much use to ya. Yes counter rotation use the K series cf propps to test. Start with the 40 & 42. Be carful with heat 30 seconds on the water tops then check. More later I'm workin :).

robby76
01-24-2008, 12:10 AM
i don't know what type hull you will be running, but my experience with CF props were they flexed reducing speed. true the amp draw was around 20 amp different than the brass props but here again gain in speed was over 10mph. my twin cat props run inboard ( cw ccw ). i found abc props offer a large selection of 3 bladed props starting in the 38mm on up.

another tool to use is the FE calc.
how i use it is whatever combination i choose to use, i print it and write down the actual results in ink using GPS, watts up meter, and a discription to how it performed.

just my 2 cents here.

Eodman
01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks Robbie, I don't plan on staying with CF props just the first few runs while I get use to the hull handling & shakedown runs!

I just picked up a Toysport Twin Jolly from Wicked ... same hull as the one Steven has on his site!