PDA

View Full Version : MRC Swamp Crawl

damfurst
04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Just a little swamping after the winter thaw. http://youtu.be/TkPOgJ8Qduo

Simon.O.
04-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Nice tuber and great crawl spot !! :rockon2:
I run a well modded creeper....at home mainly.

LiPo Power
04-18-2011, 09:04 AM
That was very cool 4.47 minutes of video....

ron1950
04-20-2011, 07:57 PM
any time i see water and a rc reciver or servo i cringe lol

Simon.O.
04-21-2011, 05:03 AM

Ron you need to learn to use the lowest quality stuff like I do.
Nearly all of my Rx's have been dunked, submerged or splashed while powered and all have survived, as for servos, well they either survive or get replaced (very rare)

Esc's are the problem :confused2:

Crawlers and water are friends as long as you like a long tear down and clean after a bog run.

Me ?......I like rocks, tree rooted areas and wood piles !:rockon2:

damfurst
04-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks Simon and Lipo Power

I understand your feeling ron, but with boats I just naturally assume that water is going to get inside someday and waterproof everything with either epoxy on rx and esc's or plasti dip the servo's. The motors I spray down with corrosion X and then there isn't much to worry about when it does happen. That's what I did with my rock crawler as well along with packing the diffs and axles with grease. After all I think a rock crawler is just a boat that doesn't float well when it's around water anyway.:rockon2:

Here's a few pics of the crawler from the vid.

Jesse J
05-07-2011, 11:29 PM
nice work and video job Wes - always great tunes for the video! You need to bring your crawling gear when you come down - next weekend?

damfurst
05-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks Jesse, that tune just fit the crawler. Yea next weekend for sure. Should be nice weather.:banana: