PDA

View Full Version : well i bought a proboat duck decoy

dana
04-16-2011, 08:50 PM
i decided to go with this for retrieval. it was kinda pricey, but im tired of worrying about flipping or whatever. i will let you all know how this thing really works

wrongway
04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
:thumbup1:

dana
04-23-2011, 12:48 PM
so, i got my duck the other day and ran it on friday. i wasnt totally impressed firstly because the driveshaft was so bound up outta the box, made a slight adjustment and good to go. the duck is real tipsy in the water, once it leans to one side its hard to right it. i tried moving the battery all over the thing like the manual says, but got nowhere. hows this thing gonna tow a boat?!?! i decided to add some lead fishing weights to the bottom of the hull in the rear where the jet drive is. i probably added 2 or so oz and what a difference. i tried to tip it with hard turns. wouldnt tip over. so next will be the test to see if it can tow in a boat. we'll see.... still skeptical :closedeyes: not a huge proboat fan here

dirtysouth31
04-23-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Diegoboy#p/u/10/QjxAotjWsaQ

just click it

LiPo Power
04-23-2011, 10:37 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dana
04-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Well I gotta say the duck works! I ran my ul1 today open throttle rite thru turns, never done that before lol. It's nice not being scared to flip em.

ron1950
04-23-2011, 11:14 PM
be carefull of the steering nozzle as its kinda fragle at the two pin points

Dark Horse
05-25-2011, 12:53 AM
I just got mine today and im not impressed. It is super slow and it will not turn correctly. will the ESC handle a Lipo??

Whats the deal with your bound prop shaft?

thanks,
Scott

battlefury
05-25-2011, 03:54 AM
there is techinque to get it to turn promptly. U willl need to throttle as you steer your controls.

it was abit of retard but it sure does the job. Slap on a 7.4V lipo you can tug boats all day with more juice.

i ditched the stock finishing line and changed into 22 pound fishing line. It tugged those gasser boat like a champ

One more thing i learned about the duck, it doesnt matter if wide open your throttle or half throttle. It still travels at the same speed. in order to conserve more juice i half throttle always. Try it!

the servo can glitchy from time to time. i applied it with marine grease at the gears and corrosion x the electronics. other than this, everything else is water proof .Have i not mentioned about the radio range? spektrum 2.4 radio are the best. period