PDA

View Full Version : 7-cells finally fried the SW 26 EP RS ESC

Piranha2
04-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I think the title says it all.......resolder the whole transmitter......what a mess the Python's are.......push trigger in reverse = 8.4v.......pull the trigger forward = 1.2v.......seems to me it's the ESC.......the motor's been smoking hot after every run now also........new Proboat ESC and Graupner Speed 600 8.v due ????? Opinions are appreciated.......at least the Caribbean Cruiser 2 ran flawless for 20 min on 2 packs !!!.......and we have 16 packs......ugh.

SJFE
04-22-2007, 11:03 AM
You really only have 2 options. 1 keep the motors in those boats mild and packs to 6 cells. Nothing less than 19 turns. They are entry level sport boats and that is there limit before you start buring every thing up. 2. Buy a set of Villan EX's or for 10 more mph SuperVee's. The out right cost is higher but the end result is more time on the water, less money in parts & time waisted removing fryed components. Good luck and have fun!!!

hammertime
04-22-2007, 02:02 PM
if your interested i have a great setup on a hammer gets mid to high 20s 30s on a good day everything you need rtr.... proboat waterproof esc titan marine motor water cooled esc water cooled just add batts 5-10 cell setup fun boat