PDA

View Full Version : The Fleet is Ready to Sail

dag-nabit
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
The mods to the Spartans are well documented in other threads, suffice it to say the Blue and Red Spartan are carbon copies of each other, and not much Traxxas left in either one.

Over the winter we upgraded our original SV27's.

The green one (mine) had some fiberglass repairs, and both were upgraded to the SV27r 1800kv motor and a Turnigy 120 amp ESC so we will be running 4S lipo in them this year with a bit hotter motor.

The SV's were upgraded to Spektrum 2.4ghz radio systems last year.

Red SV27 and Blue Spartan are my daughters (and yes, she does most of the repairs, maint, and mods herself)
Green SV27 and Red Spartan are mine.

Now all we need is some water to run them in.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/daidavies/RC%20Boats/a3130f83.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/daidavies/RC%20Boats/5f803130.jpg

Kevin

Diesel6401
04-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Very cool. Seems like your daughter does better work then some of the guys here.... :thumbup:

dana
04-12-2011, 06:10 PM
im curious about the position of the turn fins on the sv's. does this help with handling in the turns?

dag-nabit
04-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Very cool. Seems like your daughter does better work then some of the guys here.... :thumbup:

She does better work than me sometimes......

Kevin

dag-nabit
04-12-2011, 06:39 PM
im curious about the position of the turn fins on the sv's. does this help with handling in the turns?

The lake we run on is often a bit rough due to wind or boat chop.

We run the turn fins high because we found they would often dig in and flip the boat if you come off a wave a bit crooked.

They still cut in when the boat banks into a corner and seem to help a bit.

We also setup to run a bit wet most of the time because of the big water.

I'm going to be interested to see how the larger Spartans handle the rougher water conditions, they should be better, but I'm not sure considering their tendency to chine walk after crossing their own wake.

Kevin

JPriami
04-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Thats cool Kevin. Wish I had someone to enjoy running boats with.

dag-nabit
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Thats cool Kevin. Wish I had someone to enjoy running boats with.

Do I recall correctly that you mentioned in one of your posts you have a little guy?

If so, it is good times ahead, but fit in all the fun you can before they turn 14 - 16 yrs. After that you no longer exist unless they need cash.

Kevin

JPriami
04-12-2011, 08:37 PM
I sure do. My only child and he is just over 20 months old. He likes watching and already always tries to get my controllers. Flips my mini revo vxl over when I flip it too. Lol. He's great :)