PDA

View Full Version : Cracks

showstoppercat
01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
has anyone experienced any hairline cracks on the sv along the hull in the seam join area?

ice329
01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Yes it is definatly a issue, some do some dont. I Zpoxy the inside seem, it seems to help. If it already cracked, Zpoxy the inside seem and dabble clear Epoxy along the crack. Dont seem to be a serious problem except for cosmetic. if its a new boat call Aquacraft they may honor the crack.

SweetAccord
01-21-2008, 12:30 PM
You are not alone showstoppercat, I have received a few out of the box that way. I just keep returning them till I get a clean one. I finally did from Tower Hobbies. Took a while but patience is a virtue!

Hope that helps.

Joe Friars
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I had the same thing with my SV. I did not notice it at first, I thought it came from my first r/c boating experience imacts. I used some light fiberglass cloth and thinned epoxy along the sides. Decided to use the stickers too so as to cover the hairline crack. I hear that this is not uncommon.
Joe

Avanti
02-02-2008, 12:32 AM
mine has a crack almost all the way around (one to many high speed crashes) this is just cosmetic. they did a EDIT: bad job with the body work prior to paint. but what do you want from an econo rocket.

I will eventually fix mine but for not I just sport the cracks like a prize fighter