PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth City, NC SAWS this weekend

Chilli
04-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Just a reminder, IMPBA D12 will be hosting Record Trial SAW's this weekend in Elizabeth City, NC. There will be multiple FE's running. Information is posted in the March 2011 IMPBA Roostertails Page 47 on the IMPBA web site http://www.impba.net/ . You never know who may show up to run boats at this event. :spy: Unfortunately I wont be one of them. :sad:

Meniscus
04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
You really would be surprised. It was great to meet these folks. There's a lot of knowledge floating around, especially when it was windy Saturday morning. Great guys.

Chilli
04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Glad you had a good time Ben. They are a great bunch once you get to know them. Allot of records fell this weekend. I'm sure Doug will have a recap once he gets home and gets a little rest.

Next weekend is your turn!!:rockon2:

TotalPackage
04-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Dont know if I can make it how do I gain ?

Meniscus
04-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Glad you had a good time Ben. They are a great bunch once you get to know them. Allot of records fell this weekend. I'm sure Doug will have a recap once he gets home and gets a little rest.

Next weekend is your turn!!:rockon2:

Don let me know that my modified Viper as N Sport Hydro will not be legal, unless I modify it permanently. I may test this week, but I'm not sure I'm willing to make that type of change. Oh well, rules are rules. I just don't remember seeing that, but I will follow. My glass work is not what I would be proud of for a permanent mod.

cybercrxt
04-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Chris Harris destroys all current IMPBA records with his new rigger.

First his P rigger went one way 114 mph.
His new Q rigger set the record at 120.x mph

And on S power, his new rigger set a 139mph average, and then the next day in crappy conditions laid down a 137.6mph average. He is the fastest man in IMPBA, and 2nd fastest in the world. Funny thing is, as cold as everything came back, I can say that boat will be to 150mph before you can blink. Its sick!
Congrats Chris!

Doug Smock crushed the T Mono record at 86mph with an 87 or 88mph fast pass. He worked very hard this weekend for that.
Congrats Doug!

Don Ferrette crushed the 1/8th scale record at 89mph.
He also ran T hydro and laid out a 118mph record.
He also set the T sport hydro record at 91mph (I think), and may have set the S sport hydro record too, can't remember.

Team Loeb/ Luszcz regained the P and Q O/b Tunnel records, and got the S and T O/b Tunnel records.

Dicks P run of 64.8mph, with 65.52mph fast pass was great to watch for me personally.
The Q tunnel was struggling all weekend to get settled in, but finally ran 68.8mph, with one way pass of 72.47mph

The S and T records came in at 58.Xmph and 68.80mph consecutively. Motor and esc problems really hampered trying to get some more out of the setups.

I think that covers most of the FE records. Had a blast, and absolutely love hanging out with the Elizabeth City gang. They make it all worth while! Mike

RaceMechaniX
04-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Great job guys, those are some awesome numbers.

Tyler

Darin Jordan
04-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Hey, where are all the pictures!! ;)

Let's see all these cool ROCKETS!!

You didn't think we ready this forum for the articles, did you??? :D

hazegry
04-11-2011, 12:44 PM
congrats to everyone. I am glad Dick and Mike got the records back. I know Dick was bummed about a burnt motor and ESC a couple weeks before nice to see he had a good day at the lake.

D&D
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
The heck with the pictures, were are the videos? Or, were they too fast for video??

Seriously, congradulations to everyone on a job well done!

line6
04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Chris said he got videos. said he would be putting them up as soon as he can. i know i cant wait:thumbup1:

Jason Sims

D. Newland
04-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Fantastic results, guys! Nothing like a solid event to get the hobby passion juices flowing again after the winter break! Very impressive results.

HOTWATER
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Awesome!!!!! Congrats to Doug, Mike, Don, John F., Jerry, Dick and Chris!!!!!!!!! Yeehaaaawww!! I also heard that Aaron and Kentley had some crazy fast crafts too...congrats to them as well!!

-Kent

Doug Smock
04-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey fellas,
Some really impressive boats at this Time Trial, a bunch of records fell.
I'll post all of the results as soon as the paperwork arrives in a few days.
Mr. Mason Harris had a video camera in his hands all weekend, stay tuned.
Thanks,
Doug

Chris Harris
04-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the kind words. Man, what a weekend! It goes without saying that I’m extremely happy with my results but there were a lot of fast boats at this SAW and some really outstanding accomplishments by a bunch of guys that shouldn’t be overlooked. Mike L. and Dick Loeb pushing the
FE O/B Tunnel records to new heights, Doug Smock backing up 86mph with his T-Mono, Don Ferette who’s new to FE setting three records in some tough classes, Jerry Crowther backing up 97mph with his F-Mono, John Finch hitting 100+ mph with a gas rigger, Kently Porter in the high 80’s with a .12 rigger among many others. Awesome stuff!
I would like to thank Kently Porter and the Old Dominion club for putting on a great event.
I would also like to thank Doug Smock for all his support and being my official “Pieces Parts Picker Upper” LOL and rudder builder , John Snider at Tork-It for all your help, Steve Neu for the great motors, Jeff Wohlt for the awesome struts, Jim Williams for the great motor mount made the way I needed it, Don Ferrete for helping me out with that receiver, and last but not least Aaron Alberico for all the prop help. I couldn’t have done it without you guys!
My internet was down when I got home and we just got it back up. We will be uploading the vids soon and some pics, stayed tuned!
Chris

HOTWATER
04-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Beautiful! Can't wait for the vids and pics Chris!

-Kent

cybercrxt
04-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I found Chris's video of the 139 pass, but don't wanna post unless he wants it posted. It was much more fun seeing it in person! haha

Ub Hauled
04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
what a tease!!!!
that's just mean!!!!
;)

D&D
04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Yea, I know if I were Chris I wouldn't want to brag and make the rest of you feel bad........

Chris Harris
04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Ok here's the video of the 139mph record. More to come.
All vids by Mason Harris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wLfu0m7l0U

Chris

HOTWATER
04-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Yowza!! :eek: That thing hauls the mail AND cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!!!

Thanks for posting that Chris! ---> :bowdown:

-Kent :beerchug:

Chilli
04-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Very, very cool Chris!!!!!! and good looking to boot. (the boat that is) LOL :bowdown:

Got the fin today Kent. Mucho Better!!!! Bolted on fine. Thanks!!!:hug1:

D&D
04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

CHUD
04-13-2011, 07:14 PM
That boat was cookin:rockon2: Man all this talk about Elizabeth City and I mist it:cursing:I have to talk my brother Hydro jerry into being there next year:thumbup:

Chilli
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
You don't have to wait till next year. D12 usually hosts a SAWs event in late fall also.

CHUD
04-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Just post the date and time and I will lay it on hydro,It's not to far,I spent 6 years in Moyock, it seems like we where the only guy's that run boats in NC ,

Ken Haines
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Congrats,
To:
Bill Britton, Ron Drake, Julian Conde/ Mike Whitley, Will Nichols, David Hall,
Kentley Porter/ Aaron Alberico, Jerry Crowther, Don Ferrette, John Finch,
Jerry Trent Ghattas, Jim Skelton, Chris Harris, Don Ferrette, Doug Smock,
Don Ferrette, Dick Loeb/Mike Luszcz, Mike Luszcz/Dick Loeb,
Well done, great job by all !!
Ken