PDA

View Full Version : Ekos or dragon saga?

jamespl
04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
As the title says really, which one would you go for? I know the hull is the same but obviously the esc's and motors are different. Another factor is cost. I can get the saga here in the UK for £297 but the ekos is £419 so quite a difference plus I have some turnigy 450 2500kv outrunners on order and I was going to change the esc's if I get a saga to seaking 120a so with all that the cost will prob be a little less for the saga so in your opinion which boat is the best? I want to run on 3s to start with then 4s. I believe the ekos can run 4s as standard?

Skullcracken
05-09-2011, 12:41 AM
As the title says really, which one would you go for? I know the hull is the same but obviously the esc's and motors are different. Another factor is cost. I can get the saga here in the UK for £297 but the ekos is £419 so quite a difference plus I have some turnigy 450 2500kv outrunners on order and I was going to change the esc's if I get a saga to seaking 120a so with all that the cost will prob be a little less for the saga so in your opinion which boat is the best? I want to run on 3s to start with then 4s. I believe the ekos can run 4s as standard?
The EKOS will burn up the ESC's on 4s. You'll need to change the ESC's. I don't like the "Saga" or the "Mini Cat" because of the "1 off" decals and paint. The Saga being obviously a copy of the "Segad" offshore racer. If I were u I'd wait and get the Venom Segad 34 inch. It comes out soon. http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=1815. Nice paint scheme... All relatively the same boats/components stock for any of them. I'm stubborn about having a representation of a true offshore racer. Aqua Mania vs Genesis boat, Saga vs Segad, JollyMotor cat vs Mini Cat etc.