PDA

View Full Version : Motor Thought

Shaun78
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Leopard 3674 1700KV. This on 6S? Would this be a good choice on stock ESC. Max amps sayd 72 amps stock is rated at 80 i think? Would this make Spartan hit 50mph or more?

dag-nabit
04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I think that motor would work with stock ESC. Only 100kv more than OEM motor, but it is a more efficient 4 pole motor.

The question is, how reliable is the stock ESC with any motor???

FYI

The 1700kv motor is what I will be running, but with T180 ESC.

Kevin

martin
04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
your probably see around the same speed with that Leopard as the original motor but more reliable & you might have to prop down slightly because of the increase in rpm. Nearly 38000 rpm will be quite high for a mono hull of that size. Martin.

Shaun78
04-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Kevin, u r running that motor? 3674 1700KV?

dag-nabit
04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Kevin, u r running that motor? 3674 1700KV?

I will be, in both Spartans, if it ever warms up here enough to thaw the lake.

I have Tacon 3674 1700kv motors. I ordered Leopards, but was shipped Tacons. The research I have done suggests they are the same motor, just re-badged.

I'm hoping they prove out to be reliable.

I also have a couple other motors I can play with if these don't give me the result I'm looking for, but I'm confident they will. I may play around for some top end speed, but mostly my daughter and I just chase each other around the lake, so if I can run 47 - 53 mph with good control and reliability, I will be a happy camper.

Here is my current setup, both trays are the same configuration.

T180 ESC
Tacon 3674 1700kv
Aluminum Water Jacket
Spektrum MR3000 rx
Upgraded Collet
Running 6S

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/daidavies/RC%20Boats/720dc114.jpg

Shaun78
04-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I could use my upgraded spartan ALum. jacket. What prop r u thinking? Stock? it should be able to hit 50mph as its a better,more powerful design than the Stock setup. Hmmmm I wonder if stock ESC will work, I have a new seaking on its way but if i dont need it. Probably better off using it though

dag-nabit
04-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I could use my upgraded spartan ALum. jacket. What prop r u thinking? Stock? it should be able to hit 50mph as its a better,more powerful design than the Stock setup. Hmmmm I wonder if stock ESC will work, I have a new seaking on its way but if i dont need it. Probably better off using it though

Your call on the ESC, I choose to switch mine out without ever powering it up. I figure if it torches and takes a set of batteries with it, it isn't worth the chance. More importantly, I don't want the ESC to flare up on my daughters boat while she is hooking up batteries or something.

You might have a good one, and not have any issues.

For props I'm not sure, won't be stock though. I have an assortment to try and will settle on the one that gives me good speed, good hole shot, and stable ride.

I agree that it should be possible to hit 50 with the stock prop on this setup in light of the fact a couple (few) guys have managed 50 on the stock setup.

Maybe a Prather 215 or 220, or I have a couple 3 blades I want to try. Will depend on amp draw with this set up, as well as performance.

Kevin