PDA

View Full Version : Cool new Spektrum Telemetry Product.

Diesel6401
04-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Pretty cool interface for Spektrum radio's... Keeps getting better and better!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMTR1000

Now if we could get a Marine Telemetry rx with a long antenna that would be AWESOME...

siberianhusky
04-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Thats neat but they seriously need logging capability! Would make Spektrums telemetry great then.

Ub Hauled
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I would think that one could log stuff on the iPhone... but then again, I have not seen the interface it has in the phone...
very very cool though...

Diesel6401
04-04-2011, 03:50 PM
If you check out the aircraft telemetry rx it says "data" on it and reading the manual it says a little bit of flight pack logging can be accomplished. Not sure how detailed it would be over a eagletree.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM9548#quickSupport

Imagine receiving live amp draw numbers to your radio that would be AWESOME.
I just want a marine telemetry rx...

Steven Vaccaro
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I can handle water proofing the sr3300t, I would love to see a brushless rpm sensor and amp sensor.

Diesel6401
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I can handle water proofing the sr3300t, I would love to see a brushless rpm sensor and amp sensor.

Yea I waterproofed my sr3300t as well, I would just like to see the mr telemetry rx or just a surface telemetry rx what ever one I just want a longer antenna. The short antenna on the 3300t makes things kinda difficult in certain hulls. I will be using the sr3300t in my HK Vanquish though. I do like the brushless rpm sensor the eagletree has over the magnet ones.

old guy
04-06-2011, 10:03 PM
For what it's worth here is some emails

Comments: Can I add some antenna wire to my SR3000? I would like to get it out of my boat a bit more???

Hello Rick,

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support.

I don’t see why you can’t, though; Horizon Hobby does not recommend these types of modifications.

If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail.

If you need other Product Support assistance, please feel free to e-mail us at productsupport@horizonhobby.com or contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233.

Thank You,

:beerchug:

Darin Jordan
04-06-2011, 11:32 PM
For what it's worth here is some emails

Comments: Can I add some antenna wire to my SR3000? I would like to get it out of my boat a bit more???

Hello Rick,

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support.

I don’t see why you can’t, though; Horizon Hobby does not recommend these types of modifications.

If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail.

If you need other Product Support assistance, please feel free to e-mail us at productsupport@horizonhobby.com or contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233.

Thank You,

:beerchug:

Ummmmmm.... I wouldn't! I think you'll find that that is NOT wire... it's coax....

old guy
04-06-2011, 11:51 PM
thats good to know:beerchug:

Steven Vaccaro
04-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Ummmmmm.... I wouldn't! I think you'll find that that is NOT wire... it's coax....

I agree, Andy K said not to touch it.

old guy
04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
UUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support. :ThumbsDown01:
old Guy

runzwithsizorz
04-07-2011, 12:26 PM

You could place the dot on the coupler, and somehow mount the sensor to see it.
However, the motor shaft, or flex cable will be spinning faster, sooooooo
you do the math.
I have water proofed a SR300, and a SR3300T with epoxy, and have been using the temp prob on my boat ESC for 3 years now. Have never had a problem with distance, or interference. Just bought the MR3000 for a new build with carbon fiber.
I wish Specktrum would make a telemetry RX with a long antenna!!!!!

properchopper
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
I like the idea of telemetry/live real-time readings of the goings-on during a run, but as has been noted, piloting a boat and reading telemetry data simultaneously isn't practical. In situations where friends with telemetry-equipped boats require real time feedback, I've had to be the guy holding the telemetry receiver and telling the pilot what the incoming data is saying. Now, if this new goodie could convert, through the receiving device, the data to a text-to-voice annunciator, that would be something. Plug in your ear bud and get live updates in a selected time interval. ( Then again, I already have too many voices in my head while running :crying:)

Or, (new thought) ; goggles with a heads-up display ?

Diesel6401
04-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I like the idea of telemetry/live real-time readings of the goings-on during a run, but as has been noted, piloting a boat and reading telemetry data simultaneously isn't practical. In situations where friends with telemetry-equipped boats require real time feedback, I've had to be the guy holding the telemetry receiver and telling the pilot what the incoming data is saying. Now, if this new goodie could convert, through the receiving device, the data to a text-to-voice annunciator, that would be something. Plug in your ear bud and get live updates in a selected time interval. ( Then again, I already have too many voices in my head while running :crying:)

Or, (new thought) ; goggles with a heads-up display ?

Data 2 Voice would be sick...

i use the temp wire on my telemetry every once in a while I'll glace down real quick at the rx for a reading while driving in the straight, but I don't do it often. What I do is set the alerts up for "X" temp so I just keep driving until I either here the count-down timer buzz or the temp alarm go off... EIther way when I here a noise from my radio I stop and bring the boat in.

properchopper
04-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Looks like EagleTree has, with their FPV interface gear, the ability to configure a goggle-based heads up data display. Very interesting....