PDA

View Full Version : Best ESc for Leopard 4082

lata2002
04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi people.

I have purchased a Leopard 4082 a couple of months ago among with a Turnigy Marine 180A. I connected and configured with no problem at all. Now I have ran the combo for twice no more than 1 minute each run, cause i had a problem every time, and the ESC is no working any more. I dont know what is but I get the ready signal but no throttle at all. I believe problem is the BEC. I was running it with 6S lipo.
Can you tell me whats the best option to buy for this leopard motor? Is ESC Swordfish 200 amp water cooled going to work well with it? Is there another option?
Last concern, do I have to remove the red wire for BEC on Swordfish and connect the ESC to an external battery pack to avoid a future issue as turnigy issue?

Thanks in advance

6sHyper
04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
first off you probably wont get too much response here because its the wrong section, but if you think its the bec then just pull out the center wire from the tx lead plug on the esc and power your rx with an external 6v pack, if that works your good to go, i know some people had issues with the bec on those t180's, not myself, but some.

lata2002
04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Thx for your reply, Ill be moving the post