PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought The Ekos Need Some Advice

fallensk8man89
04-01-2011, 01:23 PM
well i just ordered the ekos last night and im in need of some recommendations. i plan on leaving this thing stock for the most part other than adding some cooling and props. a also would like to know which how fast will this thing be on 3s and how fast on 4s. can i prop this thing accordingly to run on 3s but still be in the forties? id prefer to run 3s if i can still make a runner out of it. anyone got any videos with the stock electronics on 3s?

dont slow down
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I just took mine out yesterday for it's first real run. I'm running 3S packs with the 36mm plastic props and added water cooling, those are the only things I've changed. Unfortunatly I forgot my GPS to clock it, however it was pretty quick, I would say in the low 40's. I'm going to try to get out again today but the weather is kinda crappy but if I do make it out I'll be sure to clock it this time.

Dragboatdad
04-21-2011, 06:39 PM
well i just ordered the ekos last night and im in need of some recommendations. i plan on leaving this thing stock for the most part other than adding some cooling and props. a also would like to know which how fast will this thing be on 3s and how fast on 4s. can i prop this thing accordingly to run on 3s but still be in the forties? id prefer to run 3s if i can still make a runner out of it. anyone got any videos with the stock electronics on 3s?

Mine burned up the stock esc on 4s, although some guys aren't having that problem. Just keep an eye on the temps. If it start burning up stuff you can gradually upgrade starting with 120 amp esc then you can add faster motors bigger props etc. Mine runs high 50's reliably now. Check YouTube, plenty of ekos videos.

dont slow down
04-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Mine ran 33.5mph bone stock with 3s and 36mm Venom Props.

RivRat34
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Mine ran 33.5mph bone stock with 3s and 36mm Venom Props.

Wow that is pretty damn slow.. mine ran just a little under 50 (risked my windows phone inside a sandwich bag with GPS speed tach inside the hull). I run 3s 5500mah 30c. Thats after I upgraded props. maybe my gps wasnt right?