PDA

View Full Version : Formula Fastech Brushless Deep-V RTR from Proboat

dkmckoy
01-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Anybody know anything about this boat...will OSE have it in stock?

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB3750

ReddyWatts
01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Looks like better hardware than the BJ.

Eodman
01-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Well Folks here we go again! Proboat is introducing a new boat ---how many delivery dates are these chumps going to promise this time!

How many times are they going to screw us over?

How about a contest to see who correctly guesses the ship date or the person with the correct guess of the number of delays!

Maybe we post it in the swap meet thread and we all put something in the kitty for the prize!

Only requirement it can't be a Proboat item!!!!!

kahnen
01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Man, I like that. Kind of like a villain hull. Deeper V, scale appearance. Nice.

SJFE
01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Looks like the guys over @ proboat finaly got it. That is a very interesting strut they have there. I like the formula line of full scale boats. I would take one for the team here and buy one but..I am cutting the fleet down even further tonight. Another boats not in the cards this year.

kahnen
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I just watched the vid and looks awesome sitting in the water(not to shabby running too:D ) I know what you mean SJFE, I'd like to take one for the team too, Now what can I sell.....:drool:

aquinosteven
01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
i think that its a good combo of offshore running and speed. i think its gonna replace the villain ex. now we just need a review from rc boat modeler. i think it might need a paint job too. i want one!!!!!

ReddyWatts
01-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Is that a hole or set screw in the side of the strut propeller shaft?

Diegoboy
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
It's a hole. Most all pro boat struts have that hole there

domwilson
01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm not too big on the paint job. It looks kind of....Ya know.
Maybe if it comes with a Malibu Barbie in the Driver's seat...Boating accident Barbie?

But it looks like it is a good runner.

SJFE
01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree with Dom. The paints lame but I do like how they went for a scale look. IMO they just went the wrong way.

ReddyWatts
01-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I kind of like the lightning bolts, but agree it could be better.

domwilson
01-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I just looked at the colors in the pictures again.

I keep thinking Amway distributorship.

Eyekandyboats
01-14-2008, 10:12 PM
ehh it's OK. rip everything out and lay the hull in carbon fiber and then re power it and you might have a decent looking hull.
Chances are its typical Pro boat quality.
The hardware ( strut mainly) looks about impressive as the back jack drive. . .
single bold ? thats weak, how do you adjust the height of the strut if you want to run a smaller or larger wheel. other then bore out the hole. . .
The boat also has a flat ride pad. . . that tells ya something, If the V was there in testing and the boat ran like crap, a eazy way to fix that is to add a large ride pad. it will fix any boat and make it run gold in the straight line. but it will roll a great deal in the turns thats for sure
and the boat is way to small. I likes the look, But now i am looking more and more. it just seems to go along with that radio gear, reminds me of a radio shack boat LOL, honestly

kck741
01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I know its almost 27"but it looks so small

zero9046
01-15-2008, 01:39 AM
i gotta say...the paint job is REALLY bad...a shame too.

RCprince
01-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Yea this thing looks like it was hit by a sherwin williams truck.

andym
01-15-2008, 04:54 AM
And they wonder why we build!

Eodman
01-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Well I showed my son this boat last nite and he liked it! Pro boat gears their products towards kids, you would think that they would realize that the money in this FE boat field is in our hands and if they were to produce a better product the money would flow out of our pockets like water!

Obviously they don't want to stick their heads out to far -- least they lose their jobs!

Steven Vaccaro
01-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I always say its best to email complaints to the manufacturer. Some will listen. If enough complain maybe they will listen more.

I also think of ANY boat that runs 30 plus mph as a MAJOR plus to the hobby. Without these boats there would be far less clubs popping up all over the place.

I will be carrying the boat when it comes out. No eta on arrival.

SJFE
01-15-2008, 02:27 PM
"Pro boat gears their products towards kids"

That's not a bad thing. Kids are the future of this hobby/sport. They need something fast also :). It may have lame paint or hardware but the bottom line is ProBoats trying. Can we say the same for Traxxas? Lets take some advice from the big guy and start laying some emails on these manufactures. You never know....

Steven Vaccaro
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
You guys are right, Two companies. Two totally different directions? Aquacraft has a racing background. So they know whats happening in that area of the hobby.

domwilson
01-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks Steven,
That's what I did. I would probably buy this if the paint colors/scheme weren't so....gaudy. But that's just my taste.

SJFE
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Can any one say Krylon? :wink:

Diegoboy
01-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Krylon!
:D

RCprince
01-15-2008, 06:51 PM
My BJ was hit with a Krylon truck right away...

aquinosteven
01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Yea this thing looks like it was hit by a sherwin williams truck.

haha thats great lol.:w00t: idk im kinda having second thoughts about this boat. is the handling gonna be good and is it gonna hold up under high speed?

Bill-SOCAL
01-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Not for nothing, but this is an actual boat:

http://www.formulaboats.com/fastech/1121114.aspx

The paint scheme is scale.

$360,000 to $600,000++ depending on options!!!!

Ub Hauled
01-16-2008, 01:56 AM
Still looks bad to me...
:D

kck741
01-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Okay yeah it looks bad but for all the mono junkies like me its got a DEEP VEE,I mean look at that thing did you watch the vid its very stable great for chops and what not.I did say it looked small but the shockwave is just as long at 26 inch. Maybe some paint like yall say and if you need more power its upgradeable.Heck its starting to sink in to my skin

FE_Chris
01-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Looks ok. But like the BJ26 video...You see no high speed turns in the video. And I am sure like the BJ26, it does'nt do WOT turns very well...........

But again I will say.....For 300 bucks..what do you expect?

domwilson
01-16-2008, 05:02 PM
From the Original boats website...
http://www.formulaboats.com/fastech/1121114-imron.aspx

Proboat could have chosen one of the better paint schemes that would have a wider appeal. The boat looks great with these other options.

Diegoboy
01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Looks ok. But like the BJ26 video...You see no high speed turns in the video. And I am sure like the BJ26, it does'nt do WOT turns very well...........

But again I will say.....For 300 bucks..what do you expect?

I think it will turn better.
My guess is the guy running the boat is used to running a Pro Boat "steerable outdrive" boat for a video shoot. He's just driving it by habbit I'll bet.

Avanti
01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
jesus you guys are acting like typical internet haters
the boat is semi-scale and looks pretty much on the money if you ask me.
I think it's a cool idea and nice that they didn't just on the fountain band wagon.
(btw I am a fountain fan but everyone seems to go that route) (win on sunday sell on monday)

anyway cool boat if you ask me (but yes proboats quality is not there yet, they need to step it up)

Avanti
01-17-2008, 10:12 AM
just watched the video and I say thumbs up for a fun boat

domwilson
01-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't think we're hating. Just expressing some personal views. I think the boat looks like it runs pretty good. But...But...The color. It doesn't match my wardrobe. :D

FE_Chris
01-17-2008, 05:12 PM
I think it will turn better too.....But still....well, I guess I can't really hold that against it. For the money, it's not a bad deal if it performs. Personally, I think the colors are OK, but not great.

Im sure your right about the outdrive, which baffles me because the TC31 and SW36 both have decent hardware....Why not use some of that for the electrics?

I think it will turn better.
My guess is the guy running the boat is used to running a Bro Boat "steerable outdrive" boat for a video shoot. He's just driving it by habbit I'll bet.

mike a.
01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I would have to say that i dont really care for the colors but thats not what really matters to me, what matters to me is how well the boat will run.

domwilson
01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
I just got a reply back from Proboat stating that it was offered only in this color/paint scheme at this time. All in all, if the boat runs good and handles well, it may be worth the purchase. You can always paint it to suit your taste. It would be interesting to see how well it performs. Alot of people didn't like the BLBJ 26 at first, but alot of us have warmed up to it and modified it to perform well.

SJFE
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
The HotRod yellow paint is just bad @ss.

robby76
01-17-2008, 10:04 PM
The HotRod yellow paint is just bad @ss.

not to mention the babe in the yellow bikini :tongue_smilie:

jrod2292
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
i just got back from the boat show(full size) in Chicago and there was one of these sitting at the Formula booth. i saw it and was immediately pulled towards it by unknown forces. That was the first time that i saw this boat and i was surprised that it was Proboat, it looks rather toyish. i entered the drawing to win it anyway.
some first impressions, i can't quite remember but i think that the "paint job" was stickers. don't quote me on that because i really can't remember(should have taken some pics). it also looks really small and the motor just looks like a monster sitting in it. despite the bad graphics, it has some really cool scale appeal, like the windshield, the railings, and the cockpit.
thats about all i can remember

FE_Chris
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
If the "paint" is stickers that means all you people beyatching about the paint can just peel the "paint: off :buttrock:

i just got back from the boat show(full size) in Chicago and there was one of these sitting at the Formula booth. i saw it and was immediately pulled towards it by unknown forces. That was the first time that i saw this boat and i was surprised that it was Proboat, it looks rather toyish. i entered the drawing to win it anyway.
some first impressions, i can't quite remember but i think that the "paint job" was stickers. don't quote me on that because i really can't remember(should have taken some pics). it also looks really small and the motor just looks like a monster sitting in it. despite the bad graphics, it has some really cool scale appeal, like the windshield, the railings, and the cockpit.
thats about all i can remember

Flying Scotsman
01-21-2008, 12:28 PM
For first time buyers it looks pretty good. I presume it is a white hull with decals. I remember buying my first electric Kyosho boat and was satisfied with it at a speed of about 15mph. It encouraged me to look at building my own project the next time. Since then :eek: where did my money go:laugh:

Douggie

jrod2292
01-21-2008, 12:32 PM
exactly, but i'm not completely sure. either way, i want one!

jrod2292
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
i don't know about first time buyers, its not really priced right. if its really gonna sell for 300$ then that puts it at more expensive than most other rtr electric boats on the market. i really hope they drop the price so that it at least competes with the supervee.

skipskip
02-12-2009, 07:03 PM
i like it id buy it i even like the paint i might even put a barbie in it with a lit fire cracker duck taped to her head (BOOOM) ya

tacomarunner500
05-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Then whats a good v bottom boat?