PDA

View Full Version : Geico & Mystic Epoxy Hatches

Pages : [1] 2

tiqueman
04-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Production to resume after the Holidays

I finally had a couple days to re-do a mold and hatches are now ready for production. They are the same lay up as my BJ26 hatches, epoxy w/ white epoxy top coat. As of now, I am NOT offering these painted.

Heres a couple pics of the new mold. I have a few to make for some patient folks who have been waiting for quite some time. And then I can get to new orders, so right now they are a week out, maybe a little less.

As of now, Im laying up JackBlacks, tunnelvision and if kmankat is still interested.

Thank you all very much for your patience.

EDIT: PAINTING
Thought maybe I better share how I have been painting the BJ26 hatches and been very successful. I worked out a technique and use a quality paint, and Ive yet to be able to peel mine.

I start out w/ 400 grit wet sanding. Sand the entire part, very well and very thoroughly. When finished dry it off and let it sit for a few minutes. You will see allthe areas you thought you got thoroughly, but didnt (they will still look glossy). So do it again, then when you think its done, do it again w/ 400, then w/ 600, wet. Ive been using automotive paint, the real stuff (PPG), not duplicolr etc. I use appliance epoxy for the window (black) Ace brand and have been very succesful w/ that as well. For clear I found that U-POL works very well and gives it an amazing crystal clear deep shine. If any more info is needed, feel free to ask via this forum or shoot me a PM.

tiqueman
04-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Rafeal, Im laying yours up in the morning and will ship out early in the week. I will contact you via PM when Im ready for PP. Thanks!

JackBlack26
04-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks, Scott!!

tunnelvision
04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Can't wait Scott! Thank you! Just pm me with the details when its ready.

lectriglide
04-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Scott - please add me to the list. Been waiting too long for the stock on to be replenished.

ray schrauwen
04-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Shwing! I'll take one!!!

tiqueman
04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks, Scott!! Depending if its cured enough, I may ship it out tomorrow :thumbup1:

Can't wait Scott! Thank you! Just pm me with the details when its ready.

Scott - please add me to the list. Been waiting too long for the stock on to be replenished.
Shwing! I'll take one!!!

Im going to try and crank out as many of these as I can the next couple weeks. Im not quite out of the Epoxy top coat. I think I have enough to lay up 3 or 4 more. But I did place the order for another qt on Thursday. The fiberglass shop really drug thier feet on my last order and it took it quite a while to arrive.

Tunnelvision, yours will get layed up tomorrow but wont get shipped out until probably Thursday as I will not be able to get to the P.O. until then.

Lectriglide, yours also I plan on having ready to ship on Thursday.

Ray, lets shoot for early next week shipping, as long as I dont run out of material and or get my new batch in.

As hatches become ready to ship, I will ask for PP and address via PM.

And I hope to get a few more layed up just to have stock on them as I think these are going to be difficult to keep up w/ demand. Im still not over how many BJ26 hatches I had to make, and am still making. Way more than I ever imagined.

I also am going to make a hatch that deletes the scoops, as I think I may prefer one w/ out and I also think Im going to round out the corner a little bit where the canopy meets the deck area, instead of that hard line for a little better lay up because even 4oz cloth doesnt want to stay down around that corner. Eventually I want to make some scoop options that would be an "aftermarket" type add on, and probably even make a hatch w/ a small scoop on top of the canopy, just for another something different :confused2: But none of that is going to be real soon. Hopefully in a couple months.

PDR447
04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
very nice, now if anyone can find a good paint for color matching please let us all know here!

shctexas
04-04-2011, 06:06 AM
I'd like one "tiqueman". Thanks

hebner
04-04-2011, 07:15 AM
I'll take one Scott, would be nice to have a spare before the Nat's in June.

tiqueman
04-04-2011, 10:35 AM
I'd like one "tiqueman". Thanks
Your on the list. Ill get it done asap.

I'll take one Scott, would be nice to have a spare before the Nat's in June. You got it Hugh. Ill have it done and hand deliver it if your going to be at Ackerman next weekend.

Rafael, It still has some curing to do but I will probably ship it today anyway. Heres some pics, and yes, it fits w/ the tuperware lid. :thumbup:

tiqueman
04-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Tunnel, Im laying yours up now. Heres a pic of it in its current state. Just waiting on the PVA to dry in the mold.

tunnelvision
04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Sweet! Can't wait!

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2011, 07:18 AM
I would like one when you get a chance.

shctexas
04-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Wow! Those look great! A new lid will give me the opportunity to add hatch locks.

Darin Jordan
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Those do look nice... I might have to get a couple myself! ;)

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I would like one when you get a chance.
Will do Steven. I will get it out asap.

Wow! Those look great! A new lid will give me the opportunity to add hatch locks.

Those do look nice... I might have to get a couple myself! ;)

Thanks gentleman. I cant wait til I can make myself one.... orders are thru the roof right now.

ray schrauwen
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Your on the list. Ill get it done asap.

You got it Hugh. Ill have it done and hand deliver it if your going to be at Ackerman next weekend.

Rafael, It still has some curing to do but I will probably ship it today anyway. Heres some pics, and yes, it fits w/ the tuperware lid. :thumbup:

OOOOOOh, I'm getting goose bumps, that is SAWEET!!! I can wait for mine to cure a while. Don't want anything funky happening on the way to Canada!!! :Sinking:

ray schrauwen
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
very nice, now if anyone can find a good paint for color matching please let us all know here!

If you look at your Hatch & hull the canopy is not the same shade as the hull so WTF? Who cares if when you paint it, it's not perfect. It wasn't perfect to begin with :olleyes:

PDR447
04-05-2011, 02:07 PM
If you look at your Hatch & hull the canopy is not the same shade as the hull so WTF? Who cares if when you paint it, it's not perfect. It wasn't perfect to begin with :olleyes:

not looking for perfect, just close... have you found such a thing?

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Pactra, RC5407, but Im not sure how well it will last on a canopy. Works great for touch up though. Im going to try one at some point when I can make a hatch for myself.

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 02:20 PM
OOOOOOh, I'm getting goose bumps, that is SAWEET!!! I can wait for mine to cure a while. Don't want anything funky happening on the way to Canada!!! :Sinking:

Yeah, I shipped 2 BJ26 hatches to Canada and had an issue with one. the epoxy topcoat developed a hairline crack along the side of the canopy. Im guessing because of the temp difference? But I dont know. Its the only issue Ive had so far, and I sent 2 in the same box at that time. No box damage etc. :confused2: So yeah, Im gunna let yours cure a bit more before I ship it off.

ray schrauwen
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
not looking for perfect, just close... have you found such a thing?

Like Scott just mentioned or I'll just buy some bottles of Tamiya Acrylic Laquers and mix up a batch for the airbrush. Should be close... maybe just repaint the entire hull Tamiya Lime green and be done with it!!

Or just paint another colour...If there is another MG in our club, we need to make them look different somehow...:confused1:

ron1950
04-05-2011, 08:08 PM
too bad they wernt ready when larry took off for canada aaaah. he could have shipped em from there

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I think he leaves on the 7th? But I wont have it by then anyway....

ray schrauwen
04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Yep... You guys know Larry huh? Cool.

I miss him. He's not bringing any boats up this summer but, maybe he'll take one of my rides for a spin and help me trim them out.

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Sweet! Can't wait!

Tunnel, yours is done. Just have to trim it out. Im not sure if I will make it to the PO tomorrow, so it may not go out until Thursday. Sent a PM

Lectriglide, I hope to have yours ready to be mailed on Friday or Saturday

tunnelvision
04-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Paypal sent!! :beerchug::rockon2:

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Got it, heres your lid. It looks as if the left side of the windshield (2nd pic) has a dent or something, its the reflection of the front face of the left scoop... shiney!!!! :bounce:

tunnelvision
04-06-2011, 12:13 AM
:cool2: Thanks Tiqueman, looks so good I don't even want to paint it. I might have to paint my boat white.

JackBlack26
04-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I've been glued to the window, patting down the mail man when I see him( i think he's starting to like it:unsure:), and checking my mail box 2 times a day since you said you mailed it:banana:

I think by the time the canopy breaks she's due for a new theme. Mine has turned a weird yellow anyways. This is a huge welcome as I run with 3-4 other Geicos and its hard to tell who is who a lot of times. I think I'm going Amsoil team themed:rockon2:

TheShaughnessy
04-06-2011, 03:42 PM
go ahead and add me to that long list. could a fin be added to the top to make it look like the current 1:1 MG?

tiqueman
04-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I've been glued to the window, patting down the mail man when I see him( i think he's starting to like it:unsure:), and checking my mail box 2 times a day since you said you mailed it:banana:

I think by the time the canopy breaks she's due for a new theme. Mine has turned a weird yellow anyways. This is a huge welcome as I run with 3-4 other Geicos and its hard to tell who is who a lot of times. I think I'm going Amsoil team themed:rockon2:

Hold off on your paint decision until you find whats in the box. :spy:
USPS shows it yesterday at 645pm an hour north of me, so dont look out the window too much today, then the mrs gets all upset that you made smudges on the glass, etc etc... :laugh: Im guessing tomorrow or Friday.

go ahead and add me to that long list. could a fin be added to the top to make it look like the current 1:1 MG?

I dont see why you couldnt add a fin.

PDR447
04-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Hold off on your paint decision until you find whats in the box. :spy:
USPS shows it yesterday at 645pm an hour north of me, so dont look out the window too much today, then the mrs gets all upset that you made smudges on the glass, etc etc... :laugh: Im guessing tomorrow or Friday.

I dont see why you couldnt add a fin.

wha??? :popcorn2: some sort of surprise in store? has anyone received theirs yet?

tiqueman
04-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Only Rafaels has been shipped, so no, no one has recieved one. He has one of my BJ26 hatches though. He mentioned hes looking for some things and I had some things laying around he could use. That clears it up huh?

Tunnelvisions will go out tomorrow.

tiqueman
04-07-2011, 12:28 AM

Lectriglide, I saw in the hatch thread in the PB section you have a factory hatch on teh way. Do you still want one of these? I layed, what I think is yours, up tonight, but I ran out of the epoxy topcoat so its about 30% as thick as usual. I typically do 2 pretty heavy coats, this one got one, not as heavy coat. Ill shoot some pics of it and post them up as soon as its out of the mold in the morning. If I need to re-do it, then I just made mine. :banana: The top coat doesnt do much but give it a finished look. And if your painting it, it acts like a primer to bite to once prepped. It really doesnt even need to be there at all if your going to paint it anyway....

JackBlack26
04-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Went to walk out the door today and almost stepped on MY BRAND NEW LID!!! The only thing that can be said about this lid is OMFG! Its the exact same replica of the original. Wow, Scott I truly cant say enough. The scoops, the widow, everything is exactly the same but about 100x thicker......I am a little disappointed that I didn't get a #1 inside with your signature next to it Would that have been too much to ask?:bowdown:.....But the Amsoil stickers made up for it. Looks like I better find some cool metallic flake silver paint now:rockon2:

Thanks again brother!!:beerchug:

ray schrauwen
04-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Giggidy Goo! Scott, how much do I owe you?

tiqueman
04-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Went to walk out the door today and almost stepped on MY BRAND NEW LID!!! The only thing that can be said about this lid is OMFG! Its the exact same replica of the original. Wow, Scott I truly cant say enough. The scoops, the widow, everything is exactly the same but about 100x thicker......I am a little disappointed that I didn't get a #1 inside with your signature next to it Would that have been too much to ask?:bowdown:.....But the Amsoil stickers made up for it. Looks like I better find some cool metallic flake silver paint now:rockon2:

Thanks again brother!!:beerchug:

Thank you! Glad you like it, at least I think you do... :bounce: I wanted you to hold off so you didnt go buying decals. :beerchug:

Giggidy Goo! Scott, how much do I owe you?

Nothing until I lay it up and its ready to ship. The last one I did, as I said above, I ran out of the top coat. I popped it this am and the finish was even thinner than I thought. Im going to hang on to that one to modify it and make a new plug for a little different look. So I have to re-do electriglides, then yours is next. Id like to let it cure an extra day or two before I ship it to cold country. I will probably lay it up tomorrow and ship it Monday.

tiqueman
04-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Tunnelvision, yours is shipped.

Lectriglide, I was not happy with the one w/ thin topcoat. It was reaaally thin, So Im laying a new one up now. It will be out of the mold in the morning.

lectriglide
04-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Awesome Scott. I actually ordered the stock one before you "came back" into production, so I'll use it for a spare. I can run the DF29 and Jae21FE this weekend, but looking forward to getting your creation. You've got funds! Thanks for your diligence and efforts for all of us. :thumbup:

tiqueman
04-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Awesome Scott. I actually ordered the stock one before you "came back" into production, so I'll use it for a spare. I can run the DF29 and Jae21FE this weekend, but looking forward to getting your creation. You've got funds! Thanks for your diligence and efforts for all of us. :thumbup:

George, thanks for the kind words and I recieved the funds. Thank you. I finished laying it up about 20 minutes ago.

JackBlack26
04-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Thank you! Glad you like it, at least I think you do... :bounce: I wanted you to hold off so you didnt go buying decals.

Nah, I hate it.........:hug1:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/rlopez75/DSC01314.jpg

Found the perfect place for the stock one held together with glass cloth.:banana:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/rlopez75/DSC01315.jpg

Running out today to pick up some white primer.:rockon2:

ray schrauwen
04-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Hey, thats only one thumb up, what gives???

Oh yeah, the other is holding the camera!!!

tiqueman
04-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Nah, I hate it.........:hug1:

Found the perfect place for the stock one held together with glass cloth.:banana:

Running out today to pick up some white primer.:rockon2:

Sweet, keep us updated as Im sure you will. Oh, remove the pin and rear grab bars for a re-use before it hits the curcular file.

Hey, thats only one thumb up, what gives???

Oh yeah, the other is holding the camera!!!

Theres still no excuse, most cameras nowadays have a timer on it. :glare: :roflol:

JackBlack26
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Hahaha, I couldn't find the tripod to hold the camera or I would of given it 2 thumbs and 2 toes up, lol!

Scott, I pulled the pin and grab bars after the pictures was taken. The paint came off easily with an exacto knife. I already installed the pin. Installing the grab bars after paint. The bare metal will look good with the silver paint. Just going to put some clear over it, though it seems to be stainless.

tiqueman
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Hahaha, I couldn't find the tripod to hold the camera or I would of given it 2 thumbs and 2 toes up, lol!

Scott, I pulled the pin and grab bars after the pictures was taken. The paint came off easily with an exacto knife. I already installed the pin. Installing the grab bars after paint. The bare metal will look good with the silver paint. Just going to put some clear over it, though it seems to be stainless.

Good deal. Your on it, I wont suggest anything else smart guy :tape: :bounce:

dano1
04-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Aaaaaay the fonz is back!

tiqueman
04-09-2011, 12:23 PM

:laugh:

Im really sorry to hear you have to get rid of your stuff Dan. Hope everything is ok and works out for you bud.

ray schrauwen
04-09-2011, 12:25 PM

:confused: huh?:confused2::tongue_smilie:

tiqueman
04-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Shwing! I'll take one!!!

Yours is in the mold :Peace_Sign:

tiqueman
04-09-2011, 12:27 PM
:confused: huh?:confused2::tongue_smilie:

I helped him w/ a lot of set ups and fixing things via telephone, I guess Im the fonz b/c of that.

dano1
04-09-2011, 12:38 PM
thanks man, just got to get some revenue packed aways, im sure i will start back in again but now is not a good time, am keeping all the batterys and chargers just in case

dano1
04-09-2011, 12:40 PM
:beerchug:your a very helpful friend, and told me alot!!

ray schrauwen
04-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Yours is in the mold :Peace_Sign:

:hug1: :sold: :w00t: :w00t: :banana:

When I get mine I will eliminate the Tupperware sub hatch so I can put flotation inside this one.

Planning on using weather stripping around the perimeter, a front pin or tongue that is bigger than stock and posibly hatch locks in place of the magnets.

Just want a battle ready boat.

tiqueman
04-09-2011, 02:59 PM
:hug1: :sold: :w00t: :w00t: :banana:

When I get mine I will eliminate the Tupperware sub hatch so I can put flotation inside this one.

Planning on using weather stripping around the perimeter, a front pin or tongue that is bigger than stock and posibly hatch locks in place of the magnets.

Just want a battle ready boat.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. I just finished laying yours up. I'll de-mold it in the morning. Id like to let it cure a couple days before I ship it your way.

ray schrauwen
04-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Sounds like you have it all figured out. I just finished laying yours up. I'll de-mold it in the morning. Id like to let it cure a couple days before I ship it your way.

Please give it a full 7 days please.

I know it's no comparison to your work but, 2 canopies from Promise hobby still fail to fit after a few weeksa at home. Of course he uses cheap stuff comared to you. No comparison really.

tiqueman
04-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Please give it a full 7 days please.

I know it's no comparison to your work but, 2 canopies from Promise hobby still fail to fit after a few weeksa at home. Of course he uses cheap stuff comared to you. No comparison really.

I can do that. Does promise use cheap polyester and its shrinking or something?

ray schrauwen
04-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah it frikin shrinks.... Grrr... 2 canopies that I have to re-work to fit...

tiqueman
04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Up to post 32, Being "The Shaughnessy" prices will remain as they were.

After sitting down today, taking note of materials Ive used in the past, now that Im finally running out of them and knowing what this takes supply wise, I need to change some things around.

Im going to change how these are offered.

Finished in white epoxy topcoat will now be $50.00

No finish, just raw epoxy, will now be $40.00.

By no means am I making a killing on these. Selling one hatch is still not enough profit to pay for the materials on the next at the new pricing, but at least its closer. Two just does it.

Not to toot my own horn, but I feel the quality I try to put out is well worth what Im asking, and feel that others would back me on that. If I question something about a layup I do, be it finish etc, I do not sell it and I lay up a new one. I realize, especially garage work, may not always be 100% perfect, but I do my best to make it.

Thank you all who have purchased these so far and again for your patience. Im doing my best to get these out asap.

-Scott

ray schrauwen
04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Just LMK when to PP you Scott!

tiqueman
04-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Do you want me to ship it Fridayish? I will box it up the day before and get a shipping quote. As I had mentioned to you, so far the things Ive sent to Canada 'eh" havent been much different in pricing as if I were to have shipped it in the states. Heck, I shipped parts to Canada that were less expensive for almost the same thing to California. Although, to Canada is just a standard shipping. Once you go expidited it doubles the price.

Once I get the shipping quote, Ill request payment. Until then Im not worried about it and to be clear, you on the original price.

tiqueman
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM

Looks like your is "out for delivery" in your town :banana:

:cool2: Thanks Tiqueman, looks so good I don't even want to paint it. I might have to paint my boat white.

Oooohh, and so is yours! :buttrock:

ray schrauwen
04-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Friday is good, thank you!

tiqueman
04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Friday is good, thank you!

Please PM me your address so I can get an accurate quote.

JackBlack26
04-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Scott, honestly I would have paid $60 for the hatch. I don't know how much you're making on them versus how much each one costs you to make, but they are definitely worth the money. I guarantee you that if you put these on eBay for $60 plus $10 for shipping they would sell.

I went to the LHS and they had 2 stock hatches in stock. I almost bought one to save myself the downtime in painting it as to not run with a yellow boat and white hatch. But then I thought of the million Geicos on the water and the cheap build of the stock canopy. Why buy a stock replacement? It will just break anyways. If people want to keep the "Geico" theme they can ether paint the boat as a whole with as close of a Geico color as they can find or paint it all white or to their liking. It's not your fault the hatches break and Horizon made it impossible to match the color! All I know is that unless the water gods take my lid I will not have to worry about getting stupid with the Castle 2650 and having my boat blow over only to break another stock canopy. I know this one will take it an laugh:bowdown:

If people don't like your price they can go buy a stock canopy and when that one breaks and they still have to buy one of yours they will wish they had bought your in the first place.....I guarantee it!:thumbup1:

Oh, and I agree with ray. I will not run the tupperware lid ether. I believe the designer added the tupperware lide with knowledge of the crappy canopy breaking and possible flooding the boat. With your lid there is no need to run the inside lid, unless one don't trust their own tape job. I rather have flotation in my lid too.

tiqueman
04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Scott, honestly I would have paid $60 for the hatch. I don't know how much you're making on them versus how much each one costs you to make, but they are definitely worth the money. I guarantee you that if you put these on eBay for $60 plus $10 for shipping they would sell.

I went to the LHS and they had 2 stock hatches in stock. I almost bought one to save myself the downtime in painting it as to not run with a yellow boat and white hatch. But then I thought of the million Geicos on the water and the cheap build of the stock canopy. Why buy a stock replacement? It will just break anyways. If people want to keep the "Geico" theme they can ether paint the boat as a whole with as close of a Geico color as they can find or paint it all white or to their liking. It's not your fault the hatches break and Horizon made it impossible to match the color! All I know is that unless the water gods take my lid I will not have to worry about getting stupid with the Castle 2650 and having my boat blow over only to break another stock canopy. I know this one will take it an laugh:bowdown:

If people don't like your price they can go buy a stock canopy and when that one breaks and they still have to buy one of yours they will wish they had bought your in the first place.....I guarantee it!:thumbup1:

Oh, and I agree with ray. I will not run the tupperware lid ether. I believe the designer added the tupperware lide with knowledge of the crappy canopy breaking and possible flooding the boat. With your lid there is no need to run the inside lid, unless one don't trust their own tape job. I rather have flotation in my lid too.

Thanks for the kind words Rafael. Thats another option I may look into, adding some float to them, as long as folks are willing to run w/ out the tuperware. I think you bring up a good point. Why is the tupperware lid there in the first place, non of my other boats have one. I agree, they knew the factory hatch was fragile. I find it hard to believe in all the testing they may have done, one did not break.

:Peace_Sign:

JackBlack26
04-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Ha! I'm sure it broke and they sank a boat!! They probably looked at quality control personnel and said, "Now what?" LOL!!

I would say don't add the flotation. Let people do it on their own because if someone chooses to run a 4074 or 3674 motor, which you can now do with your lid(:cool2:), it may interfere with the length of the motor. I had problems fitting the Castle 1512 in mine with the lid and the way the wires come out of the can. Don't have to worry anymore.

I say sell them how they are and let people figure out what works for them:thumbup: I'm going to shoot mine with a little medium expansion foam.

tiqueman
04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Ha! I'm sure it broke and they sank a boat!! They probably looked at quality control personnel and said, "Now what?" LOL!!

I would say don't add the flotation. Let people do it on their own because if someone chooses to run a 4074 or 3674 motor, which you can now do with your lid(:cool2:), it may interfere with the length of the motor. I had problems fitting the Castle 1512 in mine with the lid and the way the wires come out of the can. Don't have to worry anymore.

I say sell them how they are and let people figure out what works for them:thumbup: I'm going to shoot mine with a little medium expansion foam.

Good point

tunnelvision
04-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Scott,

Got my hatch yesterday! All I can say is...AWESOME! It was better than I expected and is a true fiberglass replica of the stock hatch. Well worth the money imho. I agree with JB26 I would have paid more for it. Keep up the great work and again a big THANK YOU for taking the time and investing the money to get this done. If my repair job comes out like I hope on my new damaged hull Geico I will be putting in an order for another one. Leaning towards the Cintron theme.

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Scott,

Got my hatch yesterday! All I can say is...AWESOME! It was better than I expected and is a true fiberglass replica of the stock hatch. Well worth the money imho. I agree with JB26 I would have paid more for it. Keep up the great work and again a big THANK YOU for taking the time and investing the money to get this done. If my repair job comes out like I hope on my new damaged hull Geico I will be putting in an order for another one. Leaning towards the Cintron theme.

Awesome thank you. Im glad your happy with it. Bottom line, thats all I really want. Yeah, the hatch I feel is cool. But even better is positive remarks about it. So thank you. :beerchug:

Whats wrong w/ the Geico? Was it one of the snow crash boats? :laugh: I just read something in the "how many boats" thread

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
In the near future Im going to start working on some scoops. Id like to do some just as in the Cintron pic, which is just a slight mod of the existing and some like that are on the KOS C-1. So keep an eye out, I will keep the thread up to date as they become available. Im also currently working on a hatch w/ no scoops so that any kind can be added or left blank.

tunnelvision
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Awesome thank you. Im glad your happy with it. Bottom line, thats all I really want. Yeah, the hatch I feel is cool. But even better is positive remarks about it. So thank you. :beerchug:

Whats wrong w/ the Geico? Was it one of the snow crash boats? :laugh: I just read something in the "how many boats" thread

Geico was the damaged boat Nor Cal Chris had. Here are a few pics. Damage is bad but very fixable just going to take my time on this one. I am in no rush to get it on the water. Just have to figure out my plan of attack.

Snow crash was just my Rio Ep. Here's the vid, the second to last shot I smack a tree in my front yard...serves me right. It was fun as hell though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmM_kzaJJw

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Ouch, how did that happen?

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Thats awesome. Next snowboard trip I go on, looks like a boat may have to come with me.

tunnelvision
04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Ouch, how did that happen?

He lost a signal on his first run and hit a wall if I remember correctly.

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM

That sux. :eek:

lectriglide
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Scott, I also received my canopy yesterday and like all the others, all I can say is it is FANTASTIC!!
Very sturdy and fits like a glove, makes the hull seems flimsy now. Thanks again for your time and effort making this an even better boat than it already is!

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Awesome!!! youre welcome and thank you. :tiphat:

lectriglide
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM

Sorta, he actually turned off the transmitter and it launched wide open into a concrete piling. Bummer of a lesson. :eek:

JPriami
04-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I'll take one of the epoxy hatches. Might not be till next Friday at the latest (maybe sooner) till I can send payment but I can guarantee I'll be buying it. Cause I'll for sure need one. I ordered the boat and should come tomorrow. I've got a new castle 1520 I might put in it or I just bought a new 1518 today that might be what I decide to use. So ill need the extra room of the Tupperware lid taken out & a good hatch/canopy.
Btw what paint works best? Or should I just take the boat to my ppg paint supplier and have them scan it to match up a color?

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Ive got a few in front of you to do so its not a problem.

Unfirtunately, three PPG dealers, Sherwin Williams, CarQuest and two gelcoat shops could not match the color. Ive spent over $100. tryingto do it and gave up. there are a few threads on the forum discussing it in length. Your welcome to try your PPG dealer. Theres another gentlman on the forum whos also tried w/ out success. He gave up as well after countless dollars. So far the 6 or 7 shops that have tried to scan it, the scanner always kicks back that its white.

Your best bet if your dead set on keeping a factory look would be to get another Geico decal sheet, go to PPG and have them mix a color as cloase as they can for you and keep it on file, that way if need be you can do touch up work.

JPriami
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Ok thanks. I plan on making the new deck logo to remove the gecko. Going to a print shop later this week. But I will need the other decals if I have to spray the whole boat to match. If I do that much work I might square the edges on the hull bottom too. Unless they are already in good shape from factory.

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh yes, Im waiting for the option to get one of those deck decals..... hint hint.

JPriami
04-12-2011, 07:52 PM
;) I might be able to hook you up. Let me see what they cost to make and see if they look good actually on the boat.

tiqueman
04-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Sounds good, let em know and we will work something out.

TheShaughnessy
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
just out of curiosity can any one of these paint distributors sell florescent green and florescent yellow? All i need is paint of these colors that isn't water based? I can mix up my own and get it close enough for me.

I custom mixed green and yellow for my truck body and they are close enough for me. Only problem is i'm pretty sure this paint will come off since it is water based. So can i get a whatever base would be the best paint in these two colors?

This would be a solution for me.

also did you get your new topcoat? Any updates on how mine is coming along? $$ is waiting to be sent.

JPriami
04-13-2011, 11:13 PM
That looks pretty cool.
Most auto body supply shops I deal with will mix up some paint for you. They might charge you for a whole pint of it. That could be close to $30 might be less. Ask them for single stage paint so that you can paint the outside of something and have it shiny too. Its easy to work with for this kind of stuff.
Unless your okay with doing basecoat and a clear coat then get two stage. But you might need other chemicals like harder and reducers for the multi stage paints so that might be too much for a first timer to mess with. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it all.

tiqueman
04-13-2011, 11:59 PM
just out of curiosity can any one of these paint distributors sell florescent green and florescent yellow? All i need is paint of these colors that isn't water based? I can mix up my own and get it close enough for me.

I custom mixed green and yellow for my truck body and they are close enough for me. Only problem is i'm pretty sure this paint will come off since it is water based. So can i get a whatever base would be the best paint in these two colors?

This would be a solution for me.

also did you get your new topcoat? Any updates on how mine is coming along? $$ is waiting to be sent.

Hatches are coming out as fast as I can make them. Two more to lay up, then Im at yours. Id say early/ mid next week.

That looks pretty cool.
Most auto body supply shops I deal with will mix up some paint for you. They might charge you for a whole pint of it. That could be close to $30 might be less. Ask them for single stage paint so that you can paint the outside of something and have it shiny too. Its easy to work with for this kind of stuff.
Unless your okay with doing basecoat and a clear coat then get two stage. But you might need other chemicals like harder and reducers for the multi stage paints so that might be too much for a first timer to mess with. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it all.

7 auto body suppliers around here couldnt match it. Hopefully you have more success. Theres plenty of discussion of this on the hatch thread in the Proboat section. Custom colors are typically a bit more as they charge for example $25.00 off the top for custom mixing, then usually 15 to 25 for the smallest amount, because its custom, then hardener, reducer, typically becomes quite expensive for a little project. OR, if somehow they do match it, have them put it in a spray ready can. Its worth the $

JPriami
04-14-2011, 12:10 AM
I'll see what I can do on the paint. It might be a custom mix. The scanner might not give a code that will work so it wont be something I can share a code with to help you guys :(.
Best part for me is if it's a little custom pint they give it to me free normally. We deal with the local shops often. I'm in auto restoration of old cars and hot rods. I used to mix paint from codes on microfish film when I was younger too.

tiqueman
04-14-2011, 12:21 AM
I had one guy offer to custom mix it. He spent 3 hours on it while I stood with him, then kept the lid for 2 weeks and called and said it was the first paint he couldnt match. Would be nice if someone out there could get it figured out. I plan on re-painting mine anyway, but there are several people who really are set on keeping that factory color. I do like how easy it is to see though. Just too many that all look alike on the pond.

JPriami
04-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Omg! That's not good. You have me doubting it will match now.

tiqueman
04-14-2011, 12:36 AM
I had so many tell me it would be no big deal. Then I had a fiberglass/ gelcoat shop send a spare factory hatch I had out to a company who custom mixes gelcoat and "Garauntees" they can match anything. They could not, yet kept my money and gave me something that wasnt even close. $95.00 down the drain and I left the gel at the FG shop. I was a bit moody that day. And that was the day my project went on complete hold, after it sailed across the street.

JPriami
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Just looking at samples online to try a find a pretty darn close place to start from. If not exact it can be tinted to match hopefully.
How's that look?

proposed sample
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jpriami/75ea60af.jpg
Original paint
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jpriami/MissGeico/dbbe7d6a.jpg

HOC-NE508 Q01 House of Kolor "CHARTREUSE" NEON Quart
Item# HOC-NE508-Q01

tiqueman
04-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Hard to tell by a pic, but worth a try.

tiqueman
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Ray and shctexas, your lids shipped today. Thank you both.
-Scott

JPriami
04-15-2011, 02:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jpriami/c548ed58.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jpriami/a1d651a7.jpg

Looks close by paint chips at shop. Orderd a pint and a color for tinting just incase :)

ray schrauwen
04-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks Scott! Nice colours J.

shctexas
04-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I just received the hatch and it looks excellent; worth every cent. Thank you Scott.

tiqueman
04-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I appreciate it. Thank you.

onegreenray
04-22-2011, 06:10 AM
tiqueman put me down for an finished in white epoxy topcoat. just let me know where to send the funds.

i am in no rush. they look awesome.

anyone find a place online to order paint?

JPriami
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
My paint fell thru. They discontinued that color. How crazy.

tiqueman
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
tiqueman put me down for an finished in white epoxy topcoat. just let me know where to send the funds.

i am in no rush. they look awesome.

anyone find a place online to order paint?

thanks, I will let you know when Im laying yours up. :beerchug:

My paint fell thru. They discontinued that color. How crazy.

Figures. Proboat must have banned that color for being available to the public. :laugh:

kmankat
04-22-2011, 08:50 PM
tiqueman, I'd like one aswell. I have lost one and cracked one hatch already.

Thanks for the quick response via PM.

Also, sorry I took so long to respond, my internet provider was having problems with their equipment.

tiqueman
04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
tiqueman, I'd like one aswell. I have lost one and cracked one hatch already.

Thanks for the quick response via PM.

Also, sorry I took so long to respond, my internet provider was having problems with their equipment.

No worries, your on the list. Welcome to the forums. Im about a week or a little more out as of right now.

Are you looking for finished in white or un-finished raw epoxy?

tiqueman
04-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Im doing this just for me so I dont have to keep going thru the pages

Steven V (white) Ready to ship
The Shaughnessy (white) ready to ship
JPriami laying up now
Onegreenray (white)
kmankat (white)

kmankat
04-22-2011, 09:36 PM
No worries, your on the list. Welcome to the forums. Im about a week or a little more out as of right now.

Are you looking for finished in white or un-finished raw epoxy?

White finish.

Thanks again. Lemme know and I'll send PPal

onegreenray
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
same here let me know when you want the funds. zip is 17050.

tiqueman
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
White finish.

Thanks again. Lemme know and I'll send PPal

same here let me know when you want the funds. zip is 17050.

Cool thanks. I will let you guys know as the hatches come out of the mold and pass my inspection. At that point, I will ask for PP.

Havasufun
04-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Looks like you have the mfg. process mastered. Now your assignment is to modify the hatch. Dual canopies, larger canopie, etc. ? Will b checking often. Thanks:bowdown::banana::thumbup::beerchug:

Havasufun
04-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Or is it canopy?:confused1:

tiqueman
04-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks like you have the mfg. process mastered. Now your assignment is to modify the hatch. Dual canopies, larger canopie, etc. ? Will b checking often. Thanks:bowdown::banana::thumbup::beerchug:

:laugh: Its in the works... just cant put a lot of time into it as Im trying to fill orders.

Heres one addition/ change, next mold will not have the factory intakes on it. :spy:

tiqueman
04-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Or is it canopy?:confused1:

Depends on what you want modified... :laugh:

Seadweller
04-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Tiqueman - Are you still working on the widend hulls?

HMH

ray schrauwen
04-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Could I order a pair of those scoops for my 36" cat?

bhauptner
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Has anyone found a color match for the Miss Geico stock color. I damaged starboard sponson and have it reay to paint:Praying: The color seems to be in between Flourescent green and yellow. I used a bright white BC and it is still too yellow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tiqueman
04-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Tiqueman - Are you still working on the widend hulls?

HMH

Slowly. Its become a very involved and expensive project.

Could I order a pair of those scoops for my 36" cat?

Once I accomplish perfecting them, yes. As of now, they are not available. That mold didnt work out quite right and involves waaaay too much work to make them assemble properly. I hope to try anotehr method where the scoops will be one piece rather then two.

Has anyone found a color match for the Miss Geico stock color. I damaged starboard sponson and have it reay to paint:Praying: The color seems to be in between Flourescent green and yellow. I used a bright white BC and it is still too yellow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nope

tiqueman
04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Steven V (white) Waiting on PM reply. Ready to ship
The Shaughnessy (white) Shipping tomorrow
JPriami on hold
Onegreenray (white) Drying, will pop in the morning
kmankat (white)

Seadweller
04-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks Scott - Can't wait to see it when you get it complete. It does seem like certain projects take more time and get more expensive. Lke my wife remodeling our office!

HMH

ray schrauwen
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Absoulutely Marvelous glasswork, really!

Just received mine today and could not be happier. Time to order hatch locks.

If Scott made hulls, they could handle some heavy duty action by the looks of your canopy.

Congrats on a great job and thanks a million!

Now I can see which one is mine ;) .

JPriami
04-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Some hopeful news on the color chart I posted earlier. The one paint code was for sign lettering color sold by the pint for $20. And apparently that was discontinued. But there is the same color sold for other use by the quart. But that's like $70. And you still need the reducer and then the clear over it. So it would still be expensive to do this.

tiqueman
04-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Absoulutely Marvelous glasswork, really!

Just received mine today and could not be happier. Time to order hatch locks.

If Scott made hulls, they could handle some heavy duty action by the looks of your canopy.

Congrats on a great job and thanks a million!

Now I can see which one is mine ;) .

Thank you for the kind words Ray. Coming especially from you it means a lot and makes me feel good after the 2 horrible days Ive had. I hope you enjoy it.... as much as you can enjoy a hatch? :laugh:

Thanks! :hug1:

Some hopeful news on the color chart I posted earlier. The one paint code was for sign lettering color sold by the pint for $20. And apparently that was discontinued. But there is the same color sold for other use by the quart. But that's like $70. And you still need the reducer and then the clear over it. So it would still be expensive to do this.

It does get expensive quick.

tiqueman
04-26-2011, 07:48 PM
TheShaughnessy PLEAS SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS!!!! So I can ship your hatch man!

EDIT: Got it, thank you. It will go out tomorrow.

Onegreenray, yours is drying in the mold.

kmankat, Hope to lay yours up tomorrow afternoon.

Steven V., sent you a PM

onegreenray
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
sounds good.

Piranha22
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Hello, I would like to purchase a finished hatch whenever you make up the next batch. Please just let me know and I will send you payment via paypal.

Thanks!

Pete

Diesel6401
04-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Just a heads up guys Tiq had a computer failure today and asked me to help him out so if anyone needs to get a hold of him for any hatches or questions don't PM him until his computer gets fixed. Best way to contact Scott at this time is to send him a email via his profile page. Simply click the link provided then under his screen name click "send message" then click "send a message via email to tiqueman". That will be the best way to contact him until everything gets straight.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=2610

JPriami
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks diesel.

ron1950
04-28-2011, 06:56 AM
that boy is jinxed...he killed his cell phone with a hammer the other day.....or maybe he just didnt want to talk to me lol......crawling into the fetal position here.....

tiqueman
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Alright, IM back up and running. Not without loosing EVERYTHING though. I havent backed up in quite some time. Lesson learned.

that boy is jinxed...he killed his cell phone with a hammer the other day.....or maybe he just didnt want to talk to me lol......crawling into the fetal position here.....

If you only knew how sh1tty my week has been. 2 phones, a computer, truck, screwed out of A LOT of money, acetone incident destroyed hatches and damaged the Geico hatch mold, broke my little toe, lost a customers house key,the list goes on and on... theres more but I just dont give a damn anymore.....
I wish there was a "screw it" smiley w/ a blurred middle finger or something. :laugh:

kmankat
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
TheShaughnessy PLEAS SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS!!!! So I can ship your hatch man!

EDIT: Got it, thank you. It will go out tomorrow.

Onegreenray, yours is drying in the mold.

kmankat, Hope to lay yours up tomorrow afternoon.

Steven V., sent you a PM

Sounds good tiqueman..All I need now is this hatch and I'm golden. Getting tired of running down my buddies for a loaner.

TheShaughnessy
04-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Walked out the door to go get some paint and i tripped over a box.
What's this?? OOO it has my name on it. Open it up and there is a super sweet fiberglass MG canopy. Almost looks like scott knows what he is doing :roflol::olleyes::buttrock:

Looks like it will last for as long as i have the boat. This will be my 4th and am pretty sure it will be the last canopy i will have to buy for the boat.

tiqueman
04-30-2011, 12:29 PM
:beerchug:

ron1950
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
lol you should have stayed in the house all week

onegreenray
04-30-2011, 08:05 PM
got mine today. Scott it looks sweet. i think since i have the black punisher skull i am going to paint it black to match.

thanks again.

bhauptner
05-01-2011, 12:22 AM
That is a great looking boat on your profile. Red/Silver paint job! Would be great to see a beam view.:thumbup1::thumbup1: BTW I am starting from scratch on the MG paint. If this boat is a licensed product of AMF/Geico the color may not be made available to the masses likle us, I also put in a csll into AMF and the Geico team to see if they has any ideas. The response should br interesting. If Probost holds the license for the Miss G big and small the boatcolor and all other design and build data should reside with ProBoat:doh: PB says they checked with china manufacturing partner and they could not determine the color
pecifictions at the fsctory, Darin Jordan tried to work through Horizon Hobby and was shotdown.

tiqueman
05-01-2011, 05:16 PM
got mine today. Scott it looks sweet. i think since i have the black punisher skull i am going to paint it black to match.

thanks again.

That will look good. Glad you like it.

That is a great looking boat on your profile. Red/Silver paint job! Would be great to see a beam view.:thumbup1::thumbup1: BTW I am starting from scratch on the MG paint. If this boat is a licensed product of AMF/Geico the color may not be made available to the masses likle us, I also put in a csll into AMF and the Geico team to see if they has any ideas. The response should br interesting. If Probost holds the license for the Miss G big and small the boatcolor and all other design and build data should reside with ProBoat:doh: PB says they checked with china manufacturing partner and they could not determine the color
pecifictions at the fsctory, Darin Jordan tried to work through Horizon Hobby and was shotdown.

Hopefully you have better luck.. I went all those routes as well and had littl to no response from any.

Your talking about the Amsoil cat? Ill see if I can find any pics of the beam, or transom if thats what you meant. I will probably have to take a pic as I lost just about everything on my computer.

dana
05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
i think ive got it pretty close on my mm. i used the brightest yellow then added a few drops of blue to give it that neon green sorta look it has. but you gotta mix and use spray eq. otherwise there really isnt rattle cans that color

JPriami
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Nice :thumbup:

ray schrauwen
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
i think ive got it pretty close on my mm. i used the brightest yellow then added a few drops of blue to give it that neon green sorta look it has. but you gotta mix and use spray eq. otherwise there really isnt rattle cans that color

That is awesome!!

What decals or who dunnit?

ray schrauwen
05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Just a thought... The newest paints I discovered, Belton Molotow Premium in bombs, has a technique for mixing paints in the cans, one to the other with special cap system. They are also advertising new Flourescent Neons coming out soon.

dana
05-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Proboat decals =)

CHIEFY_44
05-02-2011, 05:01 AM
add me to the list for a finished hatch thank you, by the way the look sweeeeeeeeeeeeet man

onegreenray
05-02-2011, 06:31 AM
tried it yesterday handles great. also boat cooks with a 6s feigao 12xl.

any ideas on how to paint the front window? pin striping to keep a straight line.

tiqueman
05-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Yup, pinstriping tape. I use 1/8 then back it w 1/4 inch 3m tape.

tiqueman
05-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Hello, I would like to purchase a finished hatch whenever you make up the next batch. Please just let me know and I will send you payment via paypal.

Thanks!

Pete

Pete, sorry I missed this. Your on the list. Thank you.

add me to the list for a finished hatch thank you, by the way the look sweeeeeeeeeeeeet man

Your on the list too! thanks

JP, I replied to your PM. Your part pulled w/ nastiness. Im not happy w/ the finish at all. I must have scraped some non mixed top coat off the side of the container and it never cured, so when I pulled it, it was a sticky stuck mess. I tried to salvage it but it became further and further from a part Id be willing to sell. I pulled your new one this morning and its fantastic. I can mail it tomorrow.

Kmankat, so that makes me a bit behind for yours, but I plan on having it ready to ship by friday... possibly Thursday

Pete and Chiefy Im looking at early to mid next week. I will do my best to have them ready sooner.

Also, If I can ever get caught up, Im casting a mold of one w/ out scoops (for future scoop options) and puting a slight... chamfer, roundedness, curve :laugh: etc where the canopy meets the deck. It will also have a slightly raised window frame in the same shape as the current window line.

Unless some of you want to wait, this wont be done until Im caught up w/ orders so I dont keep folks waiting.

I will also have window frames that can be added to the existing hatches in epoxy/ cloth, epoxy/ black carbon and epoxy black cloth (looks like carbon). I may make one of these yet today just so I can get them on here.

tiqueman
05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Recently I had been questioned on why shippng for a hatch is $15.00 when heavier priority items can ship for about$10.00.

Heres the answer:
Yes, shipping (postage) is generally between 9 and 11 dollars. Tracking is an additional cost, the hatches do not fit correctly in the $10.95 or whatever it is Priority box, however the one they do fit is a monstrosity and about 14 or $15.

So let me get back on track, roughly 10 dollars postage, then I had to buy a box, Walmart used to carry a perfect size for about 80 cents and no longer does. they are also about 10 miles down the road, where as the local grocery store, about 3/4 mile away has a great size sturdy box for $2.79 per box. So thats what I use. Packing materials popcorn, tape etc also goes into factor. Post office is a few miles away, at 4.16 a gal, it costs to go there as well. By the time Im done, $15.00 hardly cuts it.

thats why I charge what I charge. At about 3 dollars an hour to make these... believe you me, I often feel none of this is worth my time and I should be charging A LOT more. Another gentleman on here was going to sell them at $90.00. I felt this was too high for two reasons, one, current economic times and two, Production companies offer glass hatches from about $30.00 and up. The argument there is, "production companies pump a bunch of these out a day, have huge bulk buys on both materials and for distribution. Small builders such as myself cannot compete w/ these people. They can probably build 5 hatches for what it costs me to do one....
Just saying this for clarification so there are no questions as to why?

Re-wording first thread to include shipping.

Piranha22
05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks Tiqueman! I'd also like a carbon window frame added to mine if possible. If it takes longer to do that is fine with me.

onegreenray
05-03-2011, 07:04 PM
dude they are worth every cent. love mine and the outrageous 15.00 shipping charge. lol i work for the USPS and your cost for shipping is not bad. you pack that top so us rough handling USPS workers don't damage it.

once again thank for all your hard work...

tiqueman
05-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Justin, you have a PM. Yours shipped today and you should see it Friday.
Thanks!

Thanks Tiqueman! I'd also like a carbon window frame added to mine if possible. If it takes longer to do that is fine with me.

I should have the frame mold ready in a few days. I plan on selling them as they come off the mold, so they will need to be cut out and installed on the hatch. I have not yet determined the price. But they will be offered in both carbon and regular cloth.

dude they are worth every cent. love mine and the outrageous 15.00 shipping charge. lol i work for the USPS and your cost for shipping is not bad. you pack that top so us rough handling USPS workers don't damage it.

once again thank for all your hard work...

Thanks for the kind words Ray. :beerchug:

tiqueman
05-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh and Kmankat, yours got layed up this am and is currently curing. Will be out of the mold in the morning and ready to ship Friday morning.

JackBlack26
05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Shipping? On eBay you could get away with charging $25 to ship these.

I used to work with a guy from Tennessee who would say that "some people would bitch if you hung them with a brand new rope", lol!

A new hatch for my 26" Prince was $35 sipped and it's a thin piece of fragile glass with a horrible finish. It will need tons of body filler and hours of sanding. I would of paid twice to have one the quality of what Scott is putting out. Guys, we are used to cheap Chinese products. This, is not that. Lets quit complaining and enjoy a quality product made in the good ol' USA!! :D

tiqueman
05-04-2011, 07:37 PM
The member who contacted me wasn't really complaining... more along the lines of just questioning why the shipping is what it is. No biggie and I had no problem explaining it. I posted what I did more for future questioning from members just so it is clear that there's more to it than just "mailing" it. That's all, no worries

But thanks again Rafael for the quality plug.... they keep getting bettr and bettr

onegreenray
05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
tiqueman just for reference sake why not just set up a USPS account online and do your shipping that way. the post office does a free carrier pick up on packages. you can set it all up online, save you gas and time having to drive to PO. i do it for all the junk sold on ebay.

kmankat
05-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Excellent! I'm off on training for work till next Wed. When I get back I'll send my payment and info for shipment..if thats cool with you?

Just so you know, Im located in the Cayman Islands so would need a quote on shipping. :cool2:

tiqueman
05-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Oh wow, I thought you were in Kentucky (KY) Yeah, when you get in, send me your info and Ill get a quote. Popped it this morning. Looks cherry!

Piranha22
05-06-2011, 09:56 AM
I should have the frame mold ready in a few days. I plan on selling them as they come off the mold, so they will need to be cut out and installed on the hatch. I have not yet determined the price. But they will be offered in both carbon and regular cloth.

Sounds good Tiqueman. Please just let me know when you are ready to send out my hatch and carbon winsheild and I will send you a payment through paypal. I have no issues with cutting the window out and installing it myself. Thanks again!:thumbup:

tiqueman
05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
For me again so I dont lose track and have to keep searching pages. :biggrin:

Pirahana laying up today "if" the epoxy topcoat shows up. Frame will be ready when hatch is done.
Chiefy early next week layup so mid/ late week shipping.

And Its not really the winshield Im focusing on, its more the frame. However, I suppose you could cut the whole thing out and have a carbon window and frame... :confused2:

6sHyper
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Can you make a hatch for anything if we gave you the dimensions??

tiqueman
05-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Can you make a hatch for anything if we gave you the dimensions??

Depends on a lot of factors. If its perfectly flat side to side and front to back, then yes. If its countoured in any way, then I need a hull to match it to. Also, if its a one time off. Its not really worth doing. It takes several, several hours/ weeks, to make the plug, and a couple hundred dollars between the plug and the mold. So if its a "one time pull" for even a simple hatch, the cost would be outrageuous.

As for the frames. They wont be ready for a while, in fact, I may not do them at all for now. I made a beautiful frame. Put about 4 hours into trimming it out and getting it perfect. CA'd it to an existing hatch. Made sure all the seems were sealed. Then layed up a mold over that. Seems I had an open spot in one little area that allowed resin to get behind the frame. I absolutely had to destroy the hatch to get the mold off, and even at that, the mold chipped at that resin leak location, so I lost a hatch, a frame and a mold....... :cursing: I can lay up a simple cast of the entire front of a canopy and let you all completely figure out the lines etc and cut it out. This would certainly allow an un-open end to the design of your canopy as Im sure we would have a lot of different styles, where the mold was going to set it to one style, following the existing lines on the hatch. The benefit of pulling them out of a mold was going to be the outside would have a mirror like finish, whereas just laying up a shell, the inside would be smooth and the outside would have the cloth texture. They could be lightly sanded, then resin could be applied to flow it out and smooth it etc, but that would have to be a buyers job.

Oh, and the glass shop forgot to order my top coat again. I wish I could thell them to .. well, but they are the ONLY FG shop around so I have to suck it upand take thier shi$y customer service. LEts hope this does not become like Decembers order. So its going to be a weeks before I can continue w/ finished hatches. If you want raw resin, I can do those a lot, lot quicker.

tiqueman
05-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Called the fiberglass shop this am, its confirmed, they did not order the topcoat. They claim it will be here by Friday.... it should have been here last Wednesday.... :mad::cursing::mad::cursing:

onegreenray
05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
found this on ebay. looks close. only question is it possible to use acrylic paints for boats?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/onegreenray/IMG_3551.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/onegreenray/IMG_3553.jpg

ray schrauwen
05-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice!

onegreenray
05-17-2011, 07:02 PM
i figured the boat was made in china so was the paint....

tiqueman
05-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Top coats arrived and Im finally laying up hatches again. Im puting the frame on hold until I have more time to work on it. It wont be any time soon though.

Ray, any more updates on paint?

Piranha22
05-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks Tiqueman, I'm still interested in hatch without the frame.

Pete

tiqueman
05-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Pete

In that case, yours is ready to ship Pete. I will PM you the details.
Thanks,
Scott

Piranha22
05-20-2011, 03:38 PM
In that case, yours is ready to ship Pete. I will PM you the details.
Thanks,
Scott

Thanks for the quick response Scott! You should have received your payment via paypal. :thumbup:

tiqueman
05-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I pulled this hatch out too early from the mold and some of the topcoat cracked and chipped off. Theres also two mysterious demples (one on each intake) :confused2: that will require very little filler. The main issue is on top of the left intake (see pic), there was also a small blem on the verticle surface of the lip near the front and also in the back (also on pics). The ones on the lip will sand out, the blems on the intakes will need to be filled.

These blems are striclty cosmetic and have nothing to do with structure.

$45.00 shipped on this hatch. Respond on this thread please and not thru PMs.

-Scott

ray schrauwen
05-23-2011, 06:25 PM
If it is around at the beginning of the month I can take it for that price to Canada.

I would be chopping the lip off & Grafting it to a different cat hatch to rid it of its Fuglyness anyway.

ray schrauwen
05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Frame?

tiqueman
05-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Ha.. wierd, I just sent you a PM regarding a totally different thing...

What frame? Window frame? Freeze frame? Fraaame, Im gunna live forever... no wait, thats Fame.

ray schrauwen
05-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Pete

This :confused1: I was curious as to what he meant by the frame?

tiqueman
05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I was in the process of making a window frame, seperate pice that could be attatched either painted or layed up in carbon fiber, but its on hold for the moment. Had an issue w/ creating the mold and destroyed a lot of stuff. Its a few posts up.

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 02:17 PM
So Ive been playin a bit today in between doing 20 other things. I removed the intakes from a hatch and began to fill them smooth. Then took a test shot of what I want to do. I plan on making another mold that deletes the factory intakes just so there is something different out there. Then eventually there will be the intakes as shown in the pics available. I also plan on doing a low profile "on top of the canopy" intake at some point as well. Again, none of them will be molded into the canopy, they would have to be added on. This will help to get some different looks out there.

ray schrauwen
05-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Like those scoops!!

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Good cause you have some coming. :laugh: Also, I found pieces of a hatch, the one I destroyed while doing a frame plug, and the factory intakes are intact. So rather than sending you the pair that has a good and a bad (ones I cut off the hatch in the pic above) Youll get two perfect ones... and the new style. I pulled your BJ hatch this am. Looks perfect. Just let me know how long you want me to hang on to it before I ship it all.

ray schrauwen
05-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Awesome, thank you!!

The only hassle now is a possible postal Strike in Canada...

I will know more Monday-Tuesday... Man this sucks... I'm going to have a 1717, hatch, etc.. held hostage.... Oh well... At least there are still some Unions helping the average worker. They work pretty hard our posties... I guess??

I wanted to sell some rudders too but, can't justify delaying someone to an indefinate degree... Damn!!!

ray schrauwen
05-28-2011, 05:34 PM
What is your impression on the Vantex 32" cat you have?

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 10:23 PM
What is your impression on the Vantex 32" cat you have?

Its a sweet boat, but it has some limits... or at least, I havent got it all worked out yet. Sport running, its fantastic. Get into race waters and it can get crazy. It can get unstable, but, I think its in the set up as I had it set up so long for optimuim speed, I didnt care how it cornered etc. Now that Ive tried racing it a few times, it needs a bit of work. As for craftsmanship though, its one of my most solid boats. Way beefier than the geico etc. I like it, I was considering selling it because I dont run it too much anymore, but unless I "have" to, Im going to hang on to it as long as I can.

Go on youtube, search Bill34207 and look for vantex cat... I forget what he listed it by. You can see it turn some laps. I popped a water line off so I filled it and almost sunk it... Youll see.

here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LggeXtIzOm8

tlandauer
06-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Hi Scott,
I finally got it, I have to post here if I want one... duhh... Love the pictures, they look great!
Yes, please send one to me.
Thanks,
Tim

tiqueman
06-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Just replied to your PM Tim.

tiqueman
06-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Got the payment Tim. It'll go out Monday
Thanks

ray schrauwen
06-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Hatch arrived today with scoops. Awesome. Should be a fun to graft onto my china cat.

Thank man!

tiqueman
06-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Hatch arrived today with scoops. Awesome. Should be a fun to graft onto my china cat.

Thank man!

Awesome! That was pretty quick. Keep me posted on the grafting project.

tlandauer
06-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi Scott,
Thanks so much for the MG Hatch, just beautiful, loving it! Now I don't have to worry about the inner lid not closing all the way due to length of motor.
Tim

tiqueman
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
You got it already!!! Holy cow!

Awesome mate. Glad you like it.

Thanks,
Scott

srislash
08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Where are you at with the hatches?The inevitable has happened.

tiqueman
08-22-2011, 08:23 PM
I can get one layed up wed or Thursday so it should be shippable by Saturday, if not certainly by Monday.

roadrashracing
08-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Ever thought of doing something for the impuse?

tiqueman
08-23-2011, 08:01 AM
No I haven't. I suppose it comes with a plastic hatch as well?

srislash
08-23-2011, 08:39 AM
I wasn't sure if maybe you were are holidays or something.Have you come up with anything colour wise,I will probably be painting this hull over winter,but until then...
Was reading about different scoops,OOh,options?
Don't panic about it, I need proccessing time for my paypal account.

roadrashracing
08-23-2011, 09:53 AM
No I haven't. I suppose it comes with a plastic hatch as well?

No its fiberglass, and they put floation on it. Just seeing what something different would look like, just don't know if they are failing like the miss g hatches.

afhogervorst
09-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi,

I am interrested in this canopy, but do you also ship them abroad to the Netherlands.

greatings F. Hogervorst

PM me!

tiqueman
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Please Pm me with your shipping info and I will get a quote for you.
Thanks, scott

srislash
09-20-2011, 08:57 PM
YAY;My hatch arrived,Thanks Scott, it looks awesome!!I'm so happy and with tommorrow off.Time to play.Great job on packing,don't wanna take any chances eh!

tiqueman
09-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah I like to make sure it gets there unharmed. :beerchug: Ive seen what carriers can do. Glad it made it safely. Keep us posted on what you do with it.

Also, heres two hatches I just painted this past weekend. The orange one is Pirahna22s. You can check out the work Ive done on his boat in the Geico section. The other is the hatch for my twin Geico that now carries the Popeyes scheme.

stadiumyamaha
10-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Do you have any hatches in stock?

tiqueman
11-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I do have one with a slight finish blem. I layed up the cloth too soon after hthe white top coat and it thinned the finish out a bit around some of where the canopy meets the deck. Nothing strucurally wrong with it, and if your painting it it wouldn't matter anyway. I can knock a few buck off if you want it. Otherwisxw I can have one mid to late next week.

stadiumyamaha
11-01-2011, 12:30 AM
let me know how much for it and if you can shoot me a pic. I'll probably take it. I'm sure its better than my shattered one.

tiqueman
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Here it is. Theyre 65 w/ epoxy topcoat and 55 without, so Ill split the difference and go 60 shipped priority w/ tracking since its blemed.

stadiumyamaha
11-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I'll let you know ASAP. I noticed since my first post that the hull is also cracked and I'm deciding if I'm going to repair it or sell it. Been through several of these hulls and may not get another one.

Serpents811
11-01-2011, 10:38 PM
i need payment info for a hatch , if tim could me this info when shipping date on , please pm me thanks

tiqueman
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
i need payment info for a hatch , if tim could me this info when shipping date on , please pm me thanks

Im not quite following what your asking for about Tim? Are you asking how to send me payment?

Serpents811
11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Im not quite following what your asking for about Tim? Are you asking how to send me payment?
Sorry about the confusion , I hate autocorrect but yes payment info where to make payment please email me the info at xrayt2007@yahoo.com thanks

Serpents811
11-02-2011, 06:41 PM
sorry i guess this question should be going to you tiqueman

tiqueman
11-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I currently have one in stock and Stadium has first dibs on it. If he wants it, I wont be able to lay up another until next week. That being said, I do not ask for payment until its out of the mold and ready to ship. Ill PM Stadiumyamaha now and see what his plans are.
-Scott

neal58cobra
11-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I need a hatch! Thanks neal58cobra@AOL.com

tiqueman
11-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey neal, i replied to your email. Ive begun to lay yours up today. As soon as its out of the mold (tomorrow) ill Pm you w/ payment details.
Thanks,
Scott

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Neal, I dun messed up. the pva release agent must not have been completely dry when I started the topcoat. Laying up the new one now. It willbe ready for mail Monday. Sorry about that. i was hoping to mail it Saturday for you.

ray schrauwen
11-17-2011, 05:14 PM

neal58cobra
11-17-2011, 06:18 PM
No problem!

tiqueman
11-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Neal its done. I can ship it tomorrow.

ecoovert
12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi there tiqueman. I like what I see. Any chance I cold see one painted?

tiqueman
12-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Hey Eco, Ive only done touch up, havent had the need to paint one.

ecoovert
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Well I guess I could paint it but I would need for someone tell me what kind of paint to use, where I can get it along with the gelcoat. If anyone has a youtube link on painting fiberglass that would be helpful. My understanding is buying these items in small quantities is next to impossible. I just don't know if I can justify buying 2 $40 cans of paint plus gelcoat just to paint one boat hatch. I could be wrong about all that though.:help:

tiqueman
12-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Why do you need gelcoat??? And as for painting the hull, its already painted so a light scuffing is all u need before its ready for another color. As for the hatch, its layed up w an epoxy finish instead of gel so its easier to get paint to bond to it. Duplicolr and rustoleum are commonly used inexpensive paints that work well.

ecoovert
12-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi again tiqueman. So as to the hatch, are you saying I would only have to paint it with Duplicolor or a Rustolium paint? Is one better than the other? Not that it's an issue but would I still have to sand the hatch or is it ruff enough for paint to adhere to it as is? Also with the Duplicolor or Rustolium after a couple coats I wouldn't have to use gel? Do these paints come in a spray or would I have to brush it on? I know I'm full of questions on this but so far all I've painted is walls in the house and rc truck bodies.:confused2:

tiqueman
12-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Youd have to scuff it enought to knock the shine off of it. When its all a flat white color, its ready to be painted. If you see spots that are still kinda shiney, sand it some more. I usually use 400 grit and wet sand it until Ive acheived my goal. Usually takes 4 or 5 times going over. sand it all, wipe it down, let it dry and check it, then repeat until its all flat in color. I use steel wool to get into the tight places and I use it over the detail areas so I dont lose the lines etc in the hatch. I usually spend 30 to 45 minutes prepping a hatch for paint. Bill34207 has had huge success using the Rustoleum enamel. It comes in a spray can, but limited on colors. Ive used duplicolor, which also comes in a spray can, found at any automotive store, including walmart and Kmart. Buttypically I spray using PPG paint which is what you were refering to as its expensive especially for small quantities. I think Bill uses a clear over the enamel, I used clear over Duplicolr but I dont use Duplicolor clear as Im not real happy with it. I use a product called Upol clear. Its comes in a spray can but is about $18.00 a can. the stuff is amazing tho and goes over duplicolor very well.

gelcoat is never needed while painting a boat.

ecoovert
12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks tiqueman. I'll look into the paint and Upol clear but like I said, I won't be able to do anything until well after Christmas. You know how that goes.

tiqueman
12-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Yes I do... all too well

ecoovert
12-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Say tiqueman. I see you c.f. hulls and I wanted to ask. How much does c.f. affect the 2.4gh. reception? I've heard that can be an issue. I know it was a real issue with the tail booms on helis. For that reason I always stuck with aluminum tail booms. on my heli. Does the same hold true with boat hulls? I know the proximity in relation to the esc... can make a difference. I'm just trying to weigh weather or not I would want to strenghen my hulls with carbon fiber in the future.

tiqueman
12-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Ive got CF in all my hulls on the floor and up the sides and have no problems w/ my Futaba 2.4 system. I have heard of complete CF hulls effecting it, however, I also runa full carbon HPR and run my 2.4 antenna internal w/ no issues at all.

ecoovert
12-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks tiqueman. How hard is it to CF the bottom of a hull? Is it something better off left to an expert or can someone who hasn't worked with CF or even fiberglass yet? How expensive is it to do or have done? My heli was mostly all CF. I only left the tail boom in aluminum due to hearing of others having issues. Even with a 450 heli you don't want it to get away from you.:scared: By the way, I've given up on helis because I'm not a good pilot and didn't have the time for repairs... Only wish I had figured that out before having dumped thousands of dollars into it. The more I think about it the more I like boats.:biggrin:

tiqueman
12-04-2011, 09:35 AM
To me its not hard, getting the technique took a few tries. But I worked w/ fiberglass before, so it didnt take long to pick it up. Everyones different. Ive had guys send me boats after they tried it 5 times on other boats and couldnt get it, Ive had guys ask how and did pretty well thier first try. Cats are more difficult and sometimes have to be done in multiple pieces.

ecoovert
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks once again tiqueman. I think I know what I'll have to do. I have an old Supervee-27 that has had the bulkhead... removed as it was broken. I took another bulk head out of another cracked Supervee hull intending to install it in the good hull with broken bulkhead. Never got around to it as I wasn't confident in my ability to fiberglass the bulkhead in. If I decide to attempt this I guess I'll try on the Supervee hull first. If I blow it I won't feel as bad. If I can manage that I might try it on my MG-29. I do have 2 MG-29 cats but I sure would hate to ruin one. I've had the Supervee sitting around for quite a while so this may just give me a reason to resuscitate it. Though the Supervee hull was fragile it was a fun boat to drive and with the added strength I might just install one of my 4074 motors into it and convert it to 6s. How much would I be looking at to purchace the materials to CF a hull? Fiberglass would be another option so I'll ask the same for that procedure as well.

tiqueman
12-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I can ship you a piece of Carbon to do it but cant ship the epoxy/ hardener. Along w/ it you will need a brush, or two, sandpaper, acetone and kleenex tissues. If your only doing a one off, it may be cheaper to pay someone local to do it for you or get the supplies from them. OR, some have used z-poxy finishing epoxy and had success, however Ive never tried it. the resin I use is over $100.00 for a gallon, about $70.00 for a qt w/ hardener (smallest quantity that can be purchased). Not cheap. Z-poxy may be the way to go, but I have no tips on it for you...

ecoovert
12-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks tiqueman. I looked at a few videos on youtube on Z-Poxy and it looks like something I would be willing to try. It's priced right. I just would need to get some fiberglass and find some scissors I don't mind ruining. I would also like to ask if anyone following this thresd has used Z-poxy. If so would any of you guys be willing to give me some pointers. Also curious as to weather or not this will add as much strength as more traditional fiberglass resin does.

BoyZie
03-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi, tiqueman I would like to get one of your $65.00 2 layers, white epoxy top coat, SHIPPED PRIORITY w/ TRACKING if possiable shipped to Australia.

Cheers, BoyZie

tiqueman
03-12-2012, 08:58 AM
BoyZie. I looked into the shipping to Australia online. I cant do it priority shipped out of the country for the $65. It may be closer to the $80. range after quickly checking on the USPS.com website. I will check into it at the actual office and see what we can come up with. If you wouldnt mind, please PM me your address so I can get an exact quote from the PO.

Thanks, Scott

BoyZie
03-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Hiya, tiqueman I sent you a PM with details don't know if you got it?

Cheers, David

tiqueman
03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I got it David. Just havent had time to get by the P.O. yet. I may get there today, if not certainly tomorrow.

BoyZie
03-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi , Scott let me know when your ready as it is money well spent compared to replacing hatch 1 or 2 times :)

BoyZie
03-27-2012, 03:46 AM
Hiya Scott. Funds added.

Cheers David:beerchug:

tiqueman
03-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Recieved and mailed to QL today. I emailed you with the customs info.
Thanks again,
Scott

Thos
04-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Just smashed my original Mystic hatch today, so i need a replacement.

Would you please PM me price for a hatch shipped to Norway if possible?

BoyZie
04-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Hi Scott hatch just arrived today and fits perfect looks a lot better that pic’s. Money well spent :)
thanks mate
David

tiqueman
04-14-2012, 07:54 PM
thanks for the update. Glad your happy David. Post some pics when you get it all done up.
thanks again
scott

BoyZie
04-29-2012, 03:24 AM
project still in work but here's a bit of an idea on home made decals. Awesome hatch Scott.

tiqueman
04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Looks GREAT! And thanks for the compliment.

JLandwer
05-10-2012, 10:35 PM
How far out are you on new orders? I just flipped my mystic and broke the front and rear sections of the canopy. Great looking hatch from the pics. I'll be using the push botton locks, Is the front just the little pin like the OEM hatch?

Thanks Much,
Jared

tiqueman
05-10-2012, 10:48 PM
LOl I just posted in your thread to let you know about these. Ive got two in stock at the moment. There is no front pin nor magnets. Magnets are useless and dont need installed, front pin can be removed from the stock hatch and installed onto new very easily. If I can fid some rod laying around Id be happy to put one in for you. Ive got them in all mine and they work just like the stocker.
Incase you arent, be sure to use tape even with the push locks.

tiqueman
05-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Also, just fyi, and for others as well, the white epoxy topcoat I use does not exactly match the Mystic white. Close, but not quite.....

JLandwer
05-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the reply, The front pin was broken off so I no longer have that piece. I'll be repainting the entire boat after I blue print the hull since I have some down time. Oh yeah, lesson learned. I'll be using tape in the future, the canopy seal is useless when it and the canopy aren't on the boat when its upside down in the water..

tiqueman
05-10-2012, 11:16 PM
:laugh: tru that. I can put a pin on it for you if need be. Not an issue.

i2oadsweepei2
05-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Scott, I would like one of your lids too. How far back on the list would I be? I'm trying to figure out if I should order a new stock hatch for now while I wait or just repair my old cracked one.
Paypal at the ready just let me know when if possible. Thank you.

tiqueman
05-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I've got stock so I can ship monday

i2oadsweepei2
05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi Scott, Thanks, if you still have one I will take it. I looked in the first post but couldn't see your paypal addy. I'm gonna PM you my paypal address now so if you want you can invoice me or send me yours.

P.S. I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks

tiqueman
05-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Yes I still have one. Ill send you a PM.

i2oadsweepei2
05-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Paypal sent. Looking forward to it. Thanks :)

tiqueman
05-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Kevin I returned payment. PLease send it in USD and as a product purshase not gift. Thanks -Scott