PDA

View Full Version : Castle Hydra Ice Calibration??

Chilli
03-31-2011, 09:42 PM
My Hydra Ice came with Phoenix instructions. Do I have to calibrate it to the TX? If so do I calibrate it like I do a regular Hydra 240 LV???

Doug Smock
03-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Mike,
It looks like they want you to use the Hydra user guide.
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/hydra_ice.html

Chilli
03-31-2011, 10:34 PM
Excellent Doug. Thanks!!

Love the data logging! It will be cool to bring the laptop to the pond when testing props.

Diesel6401
04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
I just checked mine and I have the Phoenix Ice instruction manual as well. Aren't the Hydro Ice esc's just water-cooled versions of the Phoenix Ice esc's? If so that would make sense why we were given the Phoenix manual.

Chilli
04-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Sure , but the problem is the calibration instructions are for a stick transmitter only. She calibrated fine using the old Hydra instructions. The 1521/1D roared to life.:rockon2:

BTW Dale, I know it's a bit of a haul from CLT but if you've got a free day, check out the District 12 Race in Greensboro April 30-May 1. Info is on the D12 thread in the clubs section.

Diesel6401
04-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Sure , but the problem is the calibration instructions are for a stick transmitter only. She calibrated fine using the old Hydra instructions. The 1521/1D roared to life.:rockon2:

BTW Dale, I know it's a bit of a haul from CLT but if you've got a free day, check out the District 12 Race in Greensboro April 30-May 1. Info is on the D12 thread in the clubs section.

Good to know and thanks for the clarification I would have been confused on that. I will use the Hydra instruction manual.

It would be AWESOME to check out those races. I wanted to go last year but it didn't happen :crying:. I have ask permission from the old lady first lol :doh: