PDA

View Full Version : App motor/Turnigy 180 runs backwards...

Turbo Dan-O
03-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Just about to take her out for the first time later today. Everything looks good but I can only get full power in reverse. Everything is hooked up right and I have tried everything to reset all of the settings but no luck. The Turnigy instructions say to "hook up any two wires backwards" if this happens. What is the right way to fix this?

Dan-O

lectriglide
03-31-2011, 04:44 PM
The "switch two wires" is to reverse the rotation of the motor. Sounds like you are trying to correct throttle in brake position on the xmitter correct? Try unplugging power to the esc, power on transmitter, while holding full throttle power on the esc, you should hear some beeps, then go to neutral on the transmitter. You should hear more beeps and it should be ready to go.

Turbo Dan-O
03-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, I have tried this over and over. That's what I thought but the ESC will only read full throttle in reverse. I ran this receiver in my crawler that I use reverse motor trim. I put the receiver back into my crawler and set everything up backwards then put it in the boat but still the same thing. I think soldering the motor up backwards would fix it but I don't like this idea. I did set the boat ESC up with reverse throttle(not paying attention from the crawler) but I can't change it back now. The ESC does not pick up normal full throttle......just reverse full throttle.

Dan-O

Turbo Dan-O
03-31-2011, 05:25 PM
BTW I am using a Tactic radio and only one 3s battery for today. Simple stuff...

Dan-O

Alexgar
03-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Rev 2wires and rev throttle servo on tx

electric
03-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Forgive me for asking again, but I want to be sure it is clear. There are three wires from the motor to the ESC. Unplug any two of those three and switch them.

Oh, the other thing. Did you hit the reverse on the throttle for the tactic radio? I think it has a switch on it to do that? Will have to check when I get home...

lectriglide
03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
There is no "soldering the motor up backwards". Switching 2 of the 3 motor wires does that. If all else fails, you could try the sequence with full brake instead of full throttle. That should reverse the current full throttle on brake problem.

BTW do you have a separate receiver battery, and are you killing the power to it when you "set the endpoints" as in post 2 since it really sets the forward / reverse?

Turbo Dan-O
03-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Rev 2wires and rev throttle servo on tx

Yea but why does it need that?

Dan-O

lectriglide
03-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Yea but why does it need that?

Dan-O

You only need to switch 2 wires if the motor is running backwards (clockwise).
The reverse switch on the xmitter may solve your problem by itself.

Turbo Dan-O
03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Forgive me for asking again, but I want to be sure it is clear. There are three wires from the motor to the ESC. Unplug any two of those three and switch them.

Oh, the other thing. Did you hit the reverse on the throttle for the tactic radio? I think it has a switch on it to do that? Will have to check when I get home...

Well, I guess the + for -.....

Yea, that's how I set it up because my crawler is setup like that. If I switch it to normal throttle I get part throttle foward and full in reverse.

Dan-O

Alexgar
03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
he says hes only getting full power when going to the rev which makes me think he has 50% rev set and the motor wired out of phase as well meaning full forward is presently set to rev so switching the channel will corrent that and as the direction of the motor can be remedied by swithing wires 2 differant problems to my understanding
does this esc have a reduced power rev i have one but dont use rev and if it doesnt it is endpoints

Alexgar
03-31-2011, 05:57 PM
do you have a manual?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/560685427X76598X56.pdf

lectriglide
03-31-2011, 06:04 PM
I did set the boat ESC up with reverse throttle(not paying attention from the crawler) but I can't change it back now. The ESC does not pick up normal full throttle......just reverse full throttle.

Dan-O

I would go back to square one and set the esc up with NO reverse, normal servo and then go from there. Seems all this is to correct a backwards setting to begin with.

Turbo Dan-O
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
So how do I get it into setup mode if it only picks up WOT in
reverse???

Dan-O

jingalls007
03-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Did you unplug two of your motor leads and plug them back in to the opposing connector?

Turbo Dan-O
04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Looks like this is what I will have to do. I am out of ideas.... No matter what I try I can only get 50% throttle.

Dan-O