PDA

View Full Version : 150a esc 4074 leopard 2200 on 5s/6s

bbosncali
03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
dont know a whole lot about these motors except they run pretty good and fast. does anyone with experience with these or similar setup run 5s and or 6s???? also what would be a good prop to do so with?

bbosncali
03-30-2011, 09:53 PM
This is what I found but would still like to here from people that have tried it

http://www.leopardhobby.com/product/product_veiws.asp?id=1323&functionID=01020207

Fluid
03-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Don't need to try it. A 2200 Kv motor is a no-no on 6S and really is too much for 5S. That is a hot 4S motor as it is.
You'll find that they burn up ESCs pretty good and fast on 6S.

Why do you want to run 5S or 6S? What hull is it going into?

ron1950
03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
agree with fluid 4 cel is plenty with this motor

JackBlack26
03-31-2011, 10:52 AM
I believe Blackcat has run a 2200 on 6S. He always mentioned being a fan of high RPMs. Though I don't think he ran it in a MG.

If you don't try this before me, I'll try it in my Genesis in a few weeks when I head back out to the water. You never know if it works till you try it! I'll be spinning an x438 though just to keep amp draw under check.

bbosncali
03-31-2011, 11:32 AM
How do you check amp draw? And using a 438 is that going to be on 5s or 6s?

pyroM!KE
03-31-2011, 11:38 AM
You need a data logger to check amp draws voltage draws ect...

Fluid
03-31-2011, 12:10 PM
You never know if it works till you try it!

It has been tried many times, and the result is almost never good. Go ahead, re-invent the wheel, it's your money. ;)

pyroM!KE
03-31-2011, 12:59 PM
It has been tried many times, and the result is almost never good. Go ahead, re-invent the wheel, it's your money. ;)

I agree..If you want to see some fireworks wait untill June..Then you can buy some cheaper fireworks at the fireworks stands..:bounce:
Im just saying..If you want to push a motor to the limits on 6s reliably then get a 1800kv motor..

bbosncali
04-02-2011, 08:09 AM
well this is what i got from an email straight from leopard hobby tech support.

Hi I purchased a 4074 2200 kv motor wanting to know if it can handle 5cell and 6cell lipo I use this motor in a 30inch boat

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email and your trusting on our Leopard products.

For your question,LBP4074/2200KV the Max Voltage is 23V,and you could handle 5 cells lipo.Kindly know it.

Any questions,just don't hesitate to email to us.

Leopard Power Model CO.,LTD
www.leopardhobby.com

----- 原邮件内容 ----

so i guess ill be the guinee pig

electric
04-02-2011, 08:41 AM

Hi I purchased a 4074 2200 kv motor wanting to know if it can handle 5cell and 6cell lipo I use this motor in a 30inch boat

Dear Sir,

For your question,LBP4074/2200KV the Max Voltage is 23V,and you could handle 5 cells lipo.Kindly know it.

www.leopardhobby.com

----- 原邮件内容 ----

sooo..good luck. You never know it may work. Technology does sometime change things. Odds are good though you might find esc's going up in smoke or drive train issues because of the higher rpm's. I went down the path you are going a few years ago and it was at least entertaining. After some explosions and multiple drive train issues I realized for dependability and fun you need to keep the rpm's in the reasonable catagory. Of course, if you want to do just top end staight line speed and you enjoy experimenting with different gear, and you have the budget, then enjoy... you will learn a lot in the process...While it was expensive for me, I did enjoy it for the most part.

ron1950
04-02-2011, 11:48 AM
so kindly know it lol

bbosncali
04-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Will this work for a watt amp meter? It does measure amp draw just want to be sure

http://www.hobbypartz.com/88e-aepm300-p1-watt-meter.html

lectriglide
04-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Will this work for a watt amp meter? It does measure amp draw just want to be sure

http://www.hobbypartz.com/88e-aepm300-p1-watt-meter.html

It's only rated for 100 amps - no go.

Diesel6401
04-02-2011, 09:53 PM

Dear Sir,

www.leopardhobby.com

----- 原邮件内容 ----

The voltage is NOT the issue. It's the rpms and amp loads. That motor would prob work in a car just fine on 5s or 6s but cars have gearing and don't pull nearly as many amps as boats do. Heres the truth the question isn't IF it will blow something the question is WHEN.

It's gonna blow something, it's just a matter of time!

bbosncali
04-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Well I just bought a 180a esc so atleast ill have a backup for if and when it blows... should be fun to see what she does just hope I don't fry anything but the esc

bbosncali
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Gonna try 5s with an m440 should be small enough.... I hope

Diesel6401
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Well I just bought a 180a esc so atleast ill have a backup for if and when it blows... should be fun to see what she does just hope I don't fry anything but the esc

There have been instances where esc's have fried and taken motors out with them or rx's with them (if the bec is hooked and used on the rx when it blows) also running at that rpm your motor bearings and strut bushing are gonna wear out a lot faster as well especially if your prop is balanced so good it will wear that strut bushing out very quickly at that rpm.

bbosncali
04-04-2011, 09:35 PM
There have been instances where esc's have fried and taken motors out with them or rx's with them (if the bec is hooked and used on the rx when it blows) also running at that rpm your motor bearings and strut bushing are gonna wear out a lot faster as well especially if your prop is balanced so good it will wear that strut bushing out very quickly at that rpm.

Just lie to me diesel and say wow its gonna be great and super fast.... lol

Diesel6401
04-04-2011, 09:37 PM

HAHAHAHAHAhA....

It's gonna be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast....

*until it blow :tongue_smilie:

Diesel6401
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM

Just being 100% honest bro... I personally would never do as I stated but everyone is different. Just get video everytime you run it cause eventually something :flashfire:is gonna happen :popcorn2:

H2OCamel
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I run a 2080kv motor on 4s with a X637 prop on a mono which is a hot setup high amp and heat race setup. you are starting with a bigger prop too which makes it worse. I wouldn't go with 5s or 6s as it is asking for a fire. I agree with Diesel if you are looking to blow up your equipment it is not "if" it is "when".

bbosncali
04-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I run a 2080kv motor on 4s with a X637 prop on a mono which is a hot setup high amp and heat race setup. you are starting with a bigger prop too which makes it worse. I wouldn't go with 5s or 6s as it is asking for a fire. I agree with Diesel if you are looking to blow up your equipment it is not "if" it is "when".

I swing an x642 without it even getting warm at 72* on motor and 69* on esc with only a 40mm water jacket. I just got my 57mm jacket so should help with heat. I'm definetly not gonna try 6s that's rediculus after understanding what everyone is talking about and even 5s isn't a good idea but I gotta try it atleast once or twice and hope she don't go up in flames. It has been done before maybe not for very long but it has been done. Just like everyone said my buddies stock spartan would blow on 6s the day after he hit 50.7 it did so I'm sure everyone is right so I guess my next step will be to find a buyer for my brand new 3s 5000mah 40c lipos so I can buy some 2s and play it smart. I think that's what's driving more than anything the fact that I spent $90 on batteries I can't even use.... uggghhh I guess ill try and find a buyer and go from there

Diesel6401
04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I swing an x642 without it even getting warm at 72* on motor and 69* on esc with only a 40mm water jacket. I just got my 57mm jacket so should help with heat. I'm definetly not gonna try 6s that's rediculus after understanding what everyone is talking about and even 5s isn't a good idea but I gotta try it atleast once or twice and hope she don't go up in flames. It has been done before maybe not for very long but it has been done. Just like everyone said my buddies stock spartan would blow on 6s the day after he hit 50.7 it did so I'm sure everyone is right so I guess my next step will be to find a buyer for my brand new 3s 5000mah 40c lipos so I can buy some 2s and play it smart. I think that's what's driving more than anything the fact that I spent $90 on batteries I can't even use.... uggghhh I guess ill try and find a buyer and go from there

With the right prop and tuning your setup can be very VERY fast and most importantly reliable without going to crazy voltage. Hold on to your batts, this hobby is addicting and you will find the right setup for them. Don't blow your setup just to run some new batts and the need for speed. Blowing stuff is not fun at all. Down right sucks. I ran a x447 on my leopard 2200kv motor in a Pursuit 32" mono and hit 49.0. I am going to try a m645 next. I am hoping to break 50mph and bring the amps down a little. On your 29" cat with the right strut angle and depth a m445 or prather 220 would be a rocket. I will let you know how the m645 goes when I get it.

bbosncali
04-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Well instead of throwing a couple hundred bucks out the window and possibly sinking my pretty new boat I took everyones advice and sold my new batteries and purchased a second set of 2s lipos 5300mah 30c-60c gens ace which I wanted a set of 40c but according to a few reviews they are supposed to be very true to there c rating so hopefully there as good as my 40c zippys. Now I just have to tune and figure out which of the 4 props I have will work best. X642 s220 m445 or m440. I just want to hit a little over 50mph and ill be very happy. I still have no idea where to set my strut if anyone can suggest a good starting point id really apreciate it. Photo would also be great