PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Fast Electrics is born !!!

properchopper
01-13-2008, 09:20 PM
We're proud to announce the formation of the SoCal Fast Electrics ! Mission : to promote and participate in District 19 and other districts' events. We usually meet at Legg Lake on Sundays and variously during the week. We have the go-ahead to schedule FE only heats during the NAMBA 19 gas/nitro events and plan to schedule dedicated FE events as we get up & running. A dream come true & long overdue !! :buttrock:

Diegoboy
01-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Great news. Now if we can get District 12 to do the same, I'd be set!

properchopper
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
We've been lucky to have the support of some good gas/nitro racers such as Vince H. ; get to know them & if the're real boaties, they should be happy to add FE to their mix.

Diegoboy
01-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Dist 12 won't allow electrics in the water.

properchopper
01-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Contact your District Director. NAMBA rulebook, section #4, page 1, B - DISTRICT DIRECTORS, 1 - Duties, e, : " Develop a continuous recruitment program for members and clubs, and provide advice for new clubs "

hkusp45
01-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Way to go Tony!! Way to stay with it!! Are we on for Sunday?

Steven Vaccaro
01-14-2008, 07:07 AM

I was told If its a namba class and you have at least 4 people to race in a heat they have to run the class.

properchopper
01-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Way to go Tony!! Way to stay with it!! Are we on for Sunday?

Thanks Bro ! I know you'll be a valuable asset to the club. Sunday for sure. Funny tho' [and I'm sure you can relate to this], with the WW IV race coming up & my fleet now dialed & race-ready, I'm nervous about prematurely dancing with the insideous smoke-monster when fun running!!:o

properchopper
01-14-2008, 09:54 AM

Here's where a little 'ole fashioned politikin' & schmoozing may work. In our case, we just kept showing up at the lake every Sunday & got to know the local district guys. Introduced ourself & learned names. Kept a respectful posture & slowly became friends. Made sure [ although this was required] that we all had NAMBA memberships ; very important. Followed the rules. Soon it became less " them and us " and just became "us boaters." I will say, however, that what helped us a lot was that there was a previous, large and strong club named the Skimmers that preceded us, but they became inactive when they lost their pond several years ago.
Keep a positive attitude, recognize that it takes a relationship-building attitude, and things will happen. :smile: