PDA

View Full Version : ETTI Speed Control Help

steamboatbob
03-28-2011, 06:03 AM
hi guys

after 9 months in a cupboard at home i pulled out my etti 150 opto and plugged it into my new rigger

I never had this speedy running properly with my old boat but it has been run before

problems are i have no arming beeps at all from motor or when i try to enter the Esc into programming mode. I used to run it on 14.4 V and I am now running it on 7.2V i have tried it with a battery connected to the receiver with and without the ESC red wire attached.

Can i truly say this ESC is gone to the rubbish bin or is there something im missing as i Really dont have the budget to get a new one for a while and budget racing is my way or as i should say it's the way my wife lets me have fun.

Motor connected
Feiago 5070kv 540S

battery
Zippy 7.2V 5000mah 40C

Any Help would be very much appreciated
Cheers

BoB

sailr
03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I wish ETTI would come out with a program card/box . I have one that I don't seem to get it to change cell count. I'm trying to use it on an N2 setup but can't seem to decrease the LVC enough to ever have good results.

martin
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
The lvc on the Etti esc is preset with the particular cell count that you choose. To change the cell count or any other mode, Turn on the tx & put full throtle then plug in boat. Youll get a prompt sound followed by tones from 1-6, Each is repeated 3 times for example you get 1 tone 3 times then 2 tones 3 times & so on, In the case of battery type its 1 tone repeated 3 times. When you hear this tone move the stick down to half throttle, That then takes you into the next mode where you geta single tone followed by buzz tones, The buzz tones represent the number of cell lipos you wont so 3 buzzes = 3 cell lipo, 4 buzzes = 4 cell etc. These are also repeated 3 times each, When you hear the one you wont you move throttle stick up from the half position to full throttle & youll get a confirmation sound once you hear that you the move throttle stick fully down. That sets it in then, Then unplug the boat & your done. Martin.

martin
03-28-2011, 11:42 AM
The lvc on the Etti esc is preset with the particular cell count that you choose. To change the cell count or any other mode, Turn on the tx & put full throtle then plug in boat. Youll get a prompt sound followed by tones from 1-6, Each is repeated 3 times for example you get 1 tone 3 times then 2 tones 3 times & so on, In the case of battery type its 1 tone repeated 3 times. When you hear this tone move the stick down to half throttle, That then takes you into the next mode where you geta single tone followed by buzz tones, The buzz tones represent the number of cell lipos you wont so 3 buzzes = 3 cell lipo, 4 buzzes = 4 cell etc. These are also repeated 3 times each, When you hear the one you wont you move throttle stick up from the half position to full throttle & youll get a confirmation sound once you hear that you the move throttle stick fully down. That sets it in then, Then unplug the boat & your done. Martin.

785boats
03-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Bob.
I have read somewhere that some ESC's need the battery cell count, that it is already programmed for, to be connected, to be able to make any changes to the program. This includes changing the cell count. The Etti might be one of them.
So to make it work on 2 cells, you might need to plug in a 4 cell pack & program in the 2 cell count, following Martin's advice. Then plug in the 2 cell pack & see if you have any joy with it.
Just a thought.
Paul.

Alexgar
03-28-2011, 01:55 PM
not true 785 i just tested my opto 150 etti which is set to 4s and hooked up one battery(2s) and it went right to beeping and programing, steamboat if you need a copy of the manual pm me or go here i have one so if you want me to try something let me know

http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/ETTI%20Navy.htm

785boats
03-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Oh well Alex. It's good to know that one is out of the equation.
Cheers.
Paul.

Alexgar
03-28-2011, 02:23 PM
ive had nothing but luck with this esc i wish he was online so i could figure it out , i had a hk esc stop beeping and it worked on and off eventually i took it apart and 1 fet was burnt but it still turned the motor ????

Alexgar
03-28-2011, 02:24 PM
also may look into having it repaired(the etti that is)

785boats
03-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Alex.
I know it's a pain when things fail for no apparent reason.
I only run Himodel GX200A ESC's in all my boats. Of the 5 I've got, one of the early ones had this same problem. Brought it in after a 5 lap run. Temps were fine. Battery was only 50% depleted. Went to run it half an hour later & nothing. No beeps no program mode selection. No Nothing. BEC still worked though.
Pulled it apart & nothing visible was burnt & there was no burnt smell.
Something on the brains board, or the programing chip itself has failed I reckon.
The other 4 are still going strong.

Hopefully the Etti is an easy fix. I'm sure you will be able to sort it for Bob when he comes back on line.
All the best.
Paul.

steamboatbob
03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
thanks guys for your answers but after trying the same thing on 14V i still get no arming beeps just the little red light tuning on is the only thing that tells me my batteries are not the problem and also i checked it on another motor and same problem still exists. So i think this Esc is headded for the bin

is the 180 Amp hobbyking esc any good or is it just a waste of time ????

Cheers

BoB

Alexgar
03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
i have a t 180 and they are great and great price too

sailr
03-29-2011, 01:56 PM
180 is a great controller!