PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas are you serious?

JPriami
03-27-2011, 10:05 AM

On 2011-03-27 14:00:48 +0000 Traxxas Online Community <support@traxxas.com> wrote:

>*!**
> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!
> ***************************
>*!**
> Dear JPriami,
>*!**
> You have received a new private message at Traxxas Online Community from*!**
> Dadx2mj, entitled "You have received an infraction at Traxxas Online*!**
> Community".
>*!**
> To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must*!**
> log in here:
> http://traxxas.com/forums/private.php
>*!**
> This is the message that was sent:
> ***************
> Dear JPriami,
>*!**
> You have received an infraction at Traxxas Online Community.
>*!**
> Reason: Bypassing the Language Filter
> -------
> Bypassing the filter with initials or any means is not allowed.
> -------
>*!**
> This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until*!**
> it expires. *!**Serious infractions will never expire.
>*!**
> Original Post:
> http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4741469#post4741469
>*!**
> ---Quote---
> Shhhhh dont say that about Traxxas and HK.. Traxxas has a beef with them*!**
> about stealing their connector design.
> Besides Hobbywing makes the 180 marine esc. Turnigy just relabels it with*!**
> their name.
> ---End Quote---
> All the best,
> Traxxas Online Community
> ***************
>*!**
> Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page*!**
> to reply to this private message:
>*!**
> All the best,
>*!**

That's all I do over there is help people. And they want to send me this message over saying HK to let someone know not to say it (hobby king)? COME ON!

YOU WON'T FIND ME OVER THERE TO HELP THEM ANYMORE!!

They want to take out their personal beef with hobby king on their customers? That's sad!!!!

LarrysDrifter
03-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Id tell them to nurse on your crank.

Shaun78
03-27-2011, 10:11 AM
YA IM RIGHT WITH YOU ON THAT ONE, THAT MODERATOR IS RIDICULOUS. I GOT 10 points in the last 2 weeks for saying HK.....

HK,HK,HK,HK,HK,HK,HK,HK,HK, HOBBYKING HOBBYKING!!!!!!!!!

Shaun78
03-27-2011, 10:12 AM
sorry i got u in trouble for my post mentioning HK but i wasnt thinking. You can mention Turnigy but not HK (what a joke)

JPriami
03-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah larry they can nurse my crank lol.

Its ok shaun. its not your fault. Its stupid that they are taking out their issues with hobby king on customers just for saying it and they want to treat it as a curse word. That would be like us saying traxxas is a curse word here and slapping everyone for saying it. They really have their heads in the clouds.

dag-nabit
03-27-2011, 10:34 AM
It is ridiculous, I haven't been docked any points yet but have been hit with two warnings in the past couple days for the same thing.

This one:
You have received a warning at Traxxas Online Community

Dear dag-nabit,

You have received a warning at Traxxas Online Community.

Reason:
-------
Bypassing the Language Filter

T180 Price Increase??

Original Post:

Am I imagining things or has there been a price inctrease on the T180 ESC at HK.

I thought they were selling for around $78, now I see they are priced at $90.

Kevin
Bypassing a filtered website in this manner is not allowed.
-------

Original Post:
http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4737310
Am I imagining things or has there been a price inctrease on the T180 ESC at HK.

I thought they were selling for around $78, now I see they are priced at $90.

Kevin
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Traxxas Online Community

And then this one yesterday for the same thread JPriami got nailed on:

Edited Post

Original Post:
Yup I got issued a warning and had my post deleted for using the H word.

I removed this portion of your post while doing some clean up in that thread. Just to clear something up, you received a no points warning so in fact you have no warning points currently

All I was doing was cautioning another poster and making them aware of the rules. (petty and childish as they may be)

Everyone, including Traxxas, knows the Chinese are expert at reverse engineering and knocking off product design.

And yet Traxxas choose to reward this behavior by contracting them to build their product offshore, and then slap our wrists for discussing it openly on a forum.

I guess we can just move all our discussion over here, to a forum that doesn't censor free thought and speech, but as JP says, all we want to do is try and help other owners get their Spartans running reliably, and a lot of new owners go to Traxxas forum first.

Kevin

dblrnut
03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
yea they are pretty crazy over there, spend thousands on there product and they tell me how to talk :doh:
I was reading something over there today about someone talking to a rep at some event or something about the spartan and I guess it was not good news ? anybody know what i'm referring to ?
http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8907515-I-want-to-buy-this-boat-butt....

post # 10.

I like the look but let's be real here, the spartan is a big p.o.s.* :sorry: traxxas

*at least till you put some decent electronics in it

JPriami
03-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah here is the account that happened.

Posted by TheShaughnessy

"Just had to comment on this thread. Thankfully I don't own a spartan, i have a MG and a SV27.

I was at RCX in Pomona today where all the rc vendors get together and put on a show. Traxxas had the Spartan set up in an aquarium type deal with the strut set to maximum negative angle and had another model sitting outside of the tank. After thoroughly dissecting the boat i noticed plastic that seems to be worse the the MG hatch, then i saw these little cheesy metal things on the back, i think they were trim tabs but I'm still not to sure on that one. Then i notice this ugly gap between the stinger and the hull, is the flex shaft exposed like that on everyone's spartan? Right where it exits the hull before it enters the stinger? It just seemed like it would create a little bit of extra drag, did i mention it was ugly looking. During this 3-4 min not once did a traxxas rep come up to me and make small talk like every other vendor did.

So I'm still browsing around checking out their car stuff cause it is actually pretty cool when a guy starts talking about how cool the boat is ( someone spooled it up every now and then to shoot water all over) so I simply say, "read the forums before you buy this boat, that's all i'm gonna say." Next thing i know some overweight traxxas rep is yelling at me to get out of the booth cause he doesn't want to hear it from me, says he doesn't want to deal with it and to just get out of the booth, i'm pretty sure he wanted to hit me in the face (He didn't make my day though). Eventually i stepped off his carpet and just talked to him from there.

I was kinda baffeled by the whole thing so i asked the guy, if there wasn't a problem with the boat why was he getting so defensive. I said i know of a bunch of guys blowing the esc on 6s. He said, "what the 10 guys i the forum?" ( So you guys know they obviously don't care about you,or at least he doesn't. Then i start telling him how his yelling is just coming off as weakness and that if what i was saying wasn't true they would still buy the boat.

Finally Greg, they other traxxas rep there stepped in and asked what was going on. We had a little talk and he more or less apologized for his buffoon of a co worker. So just like your post was deleted from the forums i was deleted from the Traxxas booth. One thing i told Greg was that no one has hit 50 with one of their stock boats that I know of, to which he simply replied, "I did."

That's all for now. I may include more more of mine and Greg's conversation later."

LarrysDrifter
03-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Traxxas is a joke. I have an old T Maxx Im thinking about burning.

dag-nabit
03-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Traxxas is a joke. I have an old T Maxx Im thinking about burning.

Larry,

Are you the LarrysDrifter that just started posting over on the Traxxas forum?

Just want to know so we don't get things balled up.

Kevin

dblrnut
03-27-2011, 01:13 PM
thanks jpriami,
wow ! just wow, I wonder what got in there cereal. oh well the king of shaves or miss geico will sure fill the void that the spartan was gong to fill

LarrysDrifter
03-27-2011, 02:49 PM
That's me.

wilsta67
03-27-2011, 03:00 PM
HAHA! I got the same thing from the same moderator i sent him a message back asking what the?
because i over road the filter barrier , it would not let paste a link for hobby king, so i just typed hobby king and i got an ifraction lmao
he said it was because they cloned there traxxas plugs.
i replied saying thats funny i only bought a pack of ten of the plugs last week. he replied saying that he thinks its sad that i thought it funny lol
what a joke!

dag-nabit
03-27-2011, 06:46 PM
That's me.

JPriami filled me in, ignore my replies, i know what's up now. :rofl:

Kevin

LarrysDrifter
03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I got back on a bit ago to find they have banned me for no reason given. Very unique people there to say the least. Its a very strange community there.

shctexas
03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Okay here's the game plan. Everybody here go, "there" and just repeat HK. Fill the page! Lets all get booted out they don't want the help of experienced boaters (not me, but many many others). Traxxas is interested only in lemmings.

GeoVW72
03-27-2011, 08:10 PM
:huh:WOW

I had the thread I started on here mirrored on the traxxas forum and for those that know the thread was on there for all of 20 min before it was locked and straight disappeared the the next day.

With no explanation why and no points. :confused1:

Seems they're sticking to the tact of :zip-up: it and it will go away.
:cursing: summer hasn't even started and all the "beta" testers are reporting serious issues.
If Traxxas is not willing to listen to the customers that know what there talking about and respond or allow us to make suggestions on how to make the boat actually work;

Then I call :icon_bs: and they should have no info on their forum

shctexas
03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Ahhhh, a job well done (HKs on Tr***s); immature and childish I admit but cathartic. You know what they say if they can't take a joke. Just yesterday Justin was complimenting Tr***s on their customer support. I'm done with them. Hey Steven, business has gotta be boomin' since the "Albatross" was introduced. Great site, great service! Thank you.

Jeepers
03-27-2011, 08:36 PM
HAHAHAHA! glad I got rid of the single traxxas pos that I owned (REVO) a long time ago. never will buy another of there products.

wilsta67
03-27-2011, 10:16 PM
HAHAHAHA! glad I got rid of the single traxxas pos that I owned (REVO) a long time ago. never will buy another of there products.

Ditto! I will never support there product ever again after this boat. Ever!

Brushless55
03-27-2011, 10:35 PM

:iagree:
I think I might just unload my ERevo for how lousy traxxass is handling this boat!
unreal and lame :ThumbsDown01:

bwells
03-27-2011, 10:42 PM
I never knew Traxxas had a forum so I will help the cause and sign up so I can be kicked off as well. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the info. (I do have a Villian and like it, kinda)

Panama Jack
03-27-2011, 10:50 PM
WOW I dint know all this. I usualy never check in here but after I saw the ¨¨consumers experience with a Traxxas rep at an recent exposition¨¨ I started serching and found this.

Its incredible how traxxas is taking care of this, come on about 80% off us bought the bought because of the 50mph on the box. And thats a lie, and the 6s is also a lie.

to be honest If I lived in the US I would have tried to get tower to refund my money. I bought the boat for 309 shipped too Miami and paid 100 more to get it to Panama and now my ESC burnt and am not even going to send it back am just going to mount the HK hobby king 180amp ESC and probably hit the stock one with a sledghammer.

Brushless55
03-27-2011, 11:53 PM
hey, who is shc over at that site??
love you man :beerchug:

shctexas
03-28-2011, 07:12 AM
shc on "that" site is shctexas on this site.

shctexas
03-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Its not a proud moment for Texas. T*****s (a Texas-based company) has NOT demonstrated professional etiquette as outlined in the Texas constitution. I apologize for their behavior. Most of us are courteous, professional and \ empathetic human beings. We assume responsibility for our mistakes in the market place. Rest assured we Texans are disappointed in T*****s behavior. Please don't hold it against us.

My Texas flag will be flown at half-mast in honor of the "Jpriamis" that have fallen.

bbosncali
03-28-2011, 10:17 AM
here you go guys

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8908409-whats-with-the-hobby-kng-traxxas-knock-offs

bbosncali
03-28-2011, 10:26 AM
wow post 1 thread and i get banned traxxas is sorry

shctexas
03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
My job is done there.

dag-nabit
03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
here you go guys

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8908409-whats-with-the-hobby-kng-traxxas-knock-offs

HeHe I saw that post first thing this morning, that oughta get their attention.

FYI I fully support those of you that are raising a bit of Cain over on the Tr****s site, but I'm going to take a slightly different approach.

I'm going to remain active on the site and PM members there to come here for honest, open, discussion and solutions. WITHOUT CENSORSHIP

Let's make this the go-to site for the Spartan community.

Kevin

bbosncali
03-28-2011, 10:39 AM
i agree.... even though i own a miss geico this is rediculous....i made a new name and this was my next post similar to my first for those who didnt see it

whats with traxxas copying hobby king connectors????? also has anyone seen the new hobby king spatoon? looks just like the spartan... hkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont hate traxxas

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 10:46 AM
shc on "that" site is shctexas on this site.

Its not a proud moment for Texas. T*****s (a Texas-based company) has NOT demonstrated professional etiquette as outlined in the Texas constitution. I apologize for their behavior. Most of us are courteous, professional and \ empathetic human beings. We assume responsibility for our mistakes in the market place. Rest assured we Texans are disappointed in T*****s behavior. Please don't hold it against us.

My Texas flag will be flown at half-mast in honor of the "Jpriamis" that have fallen.

:beerchug:

Humphrey
03-28-2011, 11:51 AM
:banana: u guys r gr8 i luv u!!!!! i have been looking 4 a good 4um whre I cn h8 on t****s!!!! i m snding pms to evry 1 at the t*****s 4um to cum here n sted! :hug1:

Doby
03-28-2011, 12:12 PM
English please.

Hydromaniac
03-28-2011, 12:36 PM
:banana: u guys r gr8 i luv u!!!!! i have been looking 4 a good 4um whre I cn h8 on t****s!!!! i m snding pms to evry 1 at the t*****s 4um to cum here n sted! :hug1:

Please drop the texting format!!

bbosncali
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
now they banned my ip address... too funny i gues ill have to find a different forum for my e revo

JPriami
03-28-2011, 03:04 PM
You guys are great!!!!! I've been ill with a migrane the past 24 hours. But sometimes check my phone. And see what's going on. I can't help but smile and think how great everyone is.

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
You guys are great!!!!! I've been ill with a migrane the past 24 hours. But sometimes check my phone. And see what's going on. I can't help but smile and think how great everyone is.

:iagree:
at OSE that is :biggrin:

djmaincheese
03-28-2011, 03:54 PM
I got 2 infractions in 2 days, 1 for a really old post. I mistakingly mentioned that I build those little Trailers for the 1/16 Rally Cars and the other was for Posting a Feeler Thread to sell my Ken Block, I was just trying to see what guy's thought it was worth.

cooleocool and Dadx2mj, watch out for those 2 and the nitro*****

That forum is becoming the biggest joke in RC, big deal Traxxas, someone in China copied your TRX Connector. It's not going away so get over it!!

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 04:08 PM

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 04:08 PM

egneg
03-28-2011, 05:35 PM

You have some props coming your way. :spy:

JPriami
03-28-2011, 06:16 PM
You have some props coming your way. :spy:

Thanks. I might have a couple to send to you next week. I'll be in touch.

JPriami
03-28-2011, 06:21 PM
this is what I have been writing traxxas back and fourth about what's going on. Nice things they say about us huh?
They really care what we think?

---- start message------*!**
Reply from JPriami:

*!**ive been writing the other mods.

Just wanted to let you know im out of here

I feel this is wrongful. I want you to know about it. I wasnt using any curse words. I was simply educating someone about somethings. I feel its wrong for traxxas to take out their personal problems with HK on their customers. I have always tried to be helpful on the forums for the past few years. But to be treated like this over letting someone know some facts is enough reason to stop coming here to help other members all together. And cause a loss of respect for traxxas and how it conducts itself.
I know it doesn't matter what I say or if I leave. But I want you to think about the actions that go on here and the effects it has on customers of traxxas.

Justin Priami

>*!**
> Dear JPriami,
>*!**
> You have received a new private message at Traxxas Online Community from*!**
> Dadx2mj, entitled "You have received an infraction at Traxxas Online*!**
> Community".
>*!**
> To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must*!**
> log in here:
>*!**
> This is the message that was sent:
> ***************
> Dear JPriami,
>*!**
> You have received an infraction at Traxxas Online Community.
>*!**
> Reason: Bypassing the Language Filter
> -------
> Bypassing the filter with initials or any means is not allowed.
> -------
>*!**
> This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until*!**
> it expires. *!**Serious infractions will never expire.
>*!**
> Original Post:
> http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...69#post4741469
>*!**
> ---Quote---
> Shhhhh dont say that about Traxxas and HK.. Traxxas has a beef with them*!**
> about stealing their connector design.
> Besides Hobbywing makes the 180 marine esc. Turnigy just relabels it with*!**
> their name.
> ---End Quote---
> All the best,
> ***************
>*!**
> Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page*!**
> to reply to this private message:
>*!**
> All the best,
>*!***!**
------end message
Traxxas reply:

Justin,
Thank you for voicing your concerns and objections. It is always appreciated to be contacted in a reasonable manner, even if it is regarding a sad (to me, at least) matter. I think you should understand that just because circumstances cause you to receive warning points does not mean you are not valued. If I may burn a little of your valuable free time, I'd like to go over how I view this unfortunate incident...
As you are aware and have expressed, there is certainly a conflict between Traxxas and the other, filtered company.
Therefore, Traxxas corporate has chosen what is truly a singular policy regarding that company in filtering the name. While other websites are filtered, this is almost totally due to being directly and purposely negative toward Traxxas, its employees, or its forums.
Members are purposely bypassing this filtering, many of them are doing so belligerently.
Marshals have (obviously) been charged with carrying out Traxxas's policies with regards to this and all other rules.

Okay, those are the salient facts, but shall we dig a bit deeper?
Traxxas's problems with the other company are not "personal." They are BUSINESS. Assuming (I have no way of knowing for sure) that there is some sort of legal action regarding this product, how would it seem to any arbiter or judge for Traxxas to allow the party that stole its property free reign on its forum? Just as you don't allow the home contractor who ripped you off advertise on your front lawn, Traxxas can't allow them on the Traxxas forums.
Now to the personal stuff: this policy certainly makes the marshals duties much more difficult than they would be otherwise. Would we rather have the two companies come to some sort of a meeting of the minds? Absolutely! But however we feel about the Chinese company, we are NOT free agents, but bound by the rules as much or MORE than regular are. There is oversight on how we perform our duties and I think I can speak for all the marshals in saying that even without it, we strive to live up to the trust placed in us by the company we "love."
Your conduct has not gone unnoticed - again, at least by me - and your contributions have value. If I may make one small criticism, it's that you really didn't have to type the offending term. If you feel that you shouldn't be limited in this way and have determined that this is enough of a reason, then I am truly sorry, for me, for you, and for the Traxxas forums in general.
I wish you well.
ksb51rl*!**
------end message-----
JPriami's reply:

Re: Just wanted to let you know im out of here

Thanks for taking some time to explain a little more in depth. I contacted you and one of the other mods about this. Just because I wanted more than one person to know what happened and why I felt it was wrong. I hope that by some chance the more of the traxxas employes see situations like this that happen that maybe their voice will be heard by traxxas corporate since mine wont be. We the customers are what keeps traxxas going. Abuse us over mentioning another company and it makes you step back and think. To tell you the truth I dont know a thing about HK other than its just a hobby shop in china. Looks like their version of tower hobbies to me & a lot of other people.. Sometimes they have deals but most of it is junk. Im sure 90% of us would say the same thing. So its a little hard to wrap your head around getting slapped on the wrist over saying those words you know? I did read what a moderator told us in the forums about the connector design thing. I was simply repeating back what I had read to educate someone else.
I know traxxas is strict against bashing or posting things about their stuff that makes them look bad. I have really refrained from saying some of the stuff I have found out about some of the issues with the spartan on the companies website. I have a friend who has been doing extensive testing of a bone stock spartan and we have data logs as proof of whats going on with the electrical side of it anyways. But I dont post information logs that will hurt whats left of this boat reputation here. Also there is an account of an incident at RCX where someone had a few words with some of the reps and it wasnt too good sounding. That information wasn't posted either. Im not saying that I would or will post this stuff. I am just pointing out that if I was purposely being bad on the forums that I have lots of other stuff that could be said rather than talking about a Chinese hobby shop and why traxxas doesn't like them.
I still feel that from the context of what I said and the action that was taken was EXTREME. I never got a warning or anything & no priors.

Justin Priami*!**

We will see whats said back if anything.
*!**
-----end message------
Traxxas reply:

JPriami,
I don't suppose you think that the thread you started at OSE was even more extreme? I can understand not agreeing to the Rules set forth, but to purposely attack a site or condone/encourage such an attack? It says great deal about the people that do this, and none of it good.*!**
Please don't attempt to feed me any garbage about any one of them "doing this to create change." That is a mob mentality, plain and simple, and they just want to see something burn. Perhaps when knuckles aren't dragging on the ground and they learn to breath through their noses, they'll understand that they are damaging something and creating hardships for people that are undeserving of this idiotic assault. Since I don't tend to think that way, I must remind myself that it doesn't matter - something, anything *must* burn.
For a truly meaningful discourse, there must be good faith on both sides. It was present on mine. I am disappointed it was not present on yours.
Regards,
ksb51rl

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://traxxas.com/forums/private.php

All the best,
Traxxas Online Community

dana
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
i got banned too. 1 bad post. i dont go there anymore :ThumbsDown01:

dana
03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
oh, and its not like theres a HK banner on their friggin website home page, so its not really like the contractor who ripped you off advertising on your front lawn. its buried in forums that the average joe doesnt bother reading... geez

JPriami
03-28-2011, 06:35 PM
What's messed up is they hate hobby king for stealing their connector design. And that's understandable. I feel for them there. But it's ok to sell a boat that's not what it's advertised as then treat it like it's no big deal there are no problems here what so ever. Then don't expect people to have ill will towards the name traxxas and Spartan after blowing $310/400 dollars on it to feel ripped off. And start slapping fourm users around for mentioning where they find the best prices for upgrade replacement parts to help other users that want a reliable setup that won't burn up as quick as the traxxas stock system. Like I said hobby king to me is just another site like tower hobbies it's just in china. I don't mention it to get on traxxas's nerves by no means. And it's still stupid to nock people around on their forums for saying HK or hobby king. I know they dont want to endorse the name on the forums. But txt,writing and pictures are the forums way of communication. If they want to keep those words and letters off the forums just set the sensors to cover all the variables of the word hobby king! And let it stay that way. Not punish users for not knowing any better! Good gosh! I called them Nazi's in another letter to traxxas. Better kick your heals and salute over there.

JPriami
03-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I have Half a mind to take down all the videos I have made for the Spartan and explaining mods to it. Because I am in turn supporting them.

dana
03-28-2011, 06:43 PM
seriously lol, its is nazism haha i guess they just figure everyone should use nothing but the AMAZING traxxas factory parts.
Steve never busts anybodys balls for mentioning other sites with good deals elsewhere on these forums... traxxas forums are just ridiculous.

Humphrey
03-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Please drop the texting format!!
Sorry! I figured textard would appeal to a broader audience here.

seriously lol, its is nazism haha i guess they just figure everyone should use nothing but the AMAZING traxxas factory parts.
Steve never busts anybodys balls for mentioning other sites with good deals elsewhere on these forums... traxxas forums are just ridiculous.
Holy crap!!! are they really rounding up JEWS and sending them to the gas chamber! :eek: I thought they were just excercising their legal rights on a privately owned forum. I had no clue it was racially targeted! This is much more serious than I knew :scared: Thanks jpriami for letting us know!

JPriami
03-28-2011, 07:18 PM
They are not really Nazis. I was just making a crack about how things are run.

But I do find it funny that they resort to name calling on us.:confused2:

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
What a crock of :censored:
all I see is a company who is in it for the money, plain and simple!
when they do this to a traxxas customer, and many others, that is just wrong!
I wonder if HobbyCity knows how pissed traxxas is and how traxxas is now treating their own customers for even saying HK? :spy:

and it is very obvious that someone from Traxxas is going through these threads and then our own info, to see who is next on the chopping block on their forums :ThumbsDown01:

Humphrey
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
and it is very obvious that someone from Traxxas is going through these threads and then our own info, to see who is next on the chopping block on their forums :ThumbsDown01:
OMG NOOOOOOOO!:thumbsdown:

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
They are not really Nazis. I was just making a crack about how things are run.

But I do find it funny that they resort to name calling on us .:confused2:

That is interesting to say the least
members cannot even mention such a thing, but yet they (the mods) rip on people through pms and I've seen many times the mods quote others to bash on members right out in the open forums! :ThumbsDown01:

Greek75
03-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Without everyone listed here, their forum is going to be "where do I get the traxxas lipos and charger??".... All here who have posted there have been giving great advice.... If the moderators don't appreciate it, let their customer service lines get tied up, longer hold times, more frustrated traxxas employees..... F em.... It's their product, let them answer the stupid questions, and return their boat...... Hopefully before it catches fire... Spoke to them yesterday, the esc's aren't due in till at least may...... I would offer a build service for the people who have money, and want a 45 mph boat..... I got one for my kids to run nimh..... I didn't catch fire till I started playing with it.... They took it back after the fire, and I'm sure I won't see it back until May, June ....

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 07:43 PM
What's crazy is... they are telling customers what to do based on our info, and not their own!!
they have shot their own foot :cursing:

Shaun78
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
So if my ESC blowes now, traxxas is out of stock til May?? Is that right?

Brushless55
03-28-2011, 08:26 PM
So if my ESC blowes now, traxxas is out of stock til May?? Is that right?

I'll sell you mine! :w00t:

JPriami
03-28-2011, 08:47 PM
You can buy mine. I've got a motor and esc :)

Shaun78
03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
If it goes ill be upgrading for sure

trevorla
03-28-2011, 09:38 PM
did hackers take down the traxxas website?Its been unaccessable for me for the past hour

LarrysDrifter
03-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Justin,if I were you, I would remove anything at the Traxxas forum you posted if your able. Theres really not anything else to say about traxxas. I can only nod my head in shame for them.

JPriami
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
I cant. you only have 1 hr to edit post.

LarrysDrifter
03-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh. See my first post in this thread then.

JPriami
03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
lmao

bbosncali
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
I can't believe there coming over here and monitoring our site???? Really are they that bored??? I guess they didn't like my posts but they had it coming just hope my revo doesn't go up in flames lol

wilsta67
03-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I cant. you only have 1 hr to edit post.

if you move all your photos where ever you store them like photo bucket or wat ever you use put them into a new album that should break the link atleast all your pics will be gone?

wilsta67
03-29-2011, 02:57 PM
if you move all your photos where ever you store them like photo bucket or wat ever you use put them into a new album that should break the link atleast all your pics will be gone?
forget that idea dont work just tryed it. lol

dag-nabit
03-29-2011, 06:21 PM
forget that idea dont work just tryed it. lol

It should. I changed the name of the folder I was storing photos in on PhotoBucket, and the photos disappeared from my posts.

Kevin

GeoVW72
03-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Justin, Thank You for the tact in getting a response from the mods.

For their information my arms are not long enough for my knuckles to drag on the ground and I stand quite upright :roflol:
For their information traxxas support called me to ask for info and input on my testing and data
I would have been happy to retort any name calling given the simple courteous opportunity, I'm not hiding from them, they should know how to reach me.
ksb51rl has a rather cynical view,
We are not a mob trying to burn something, we are an interconnected group attempting to achieve a common goal, make the boat work. It's already burning, we're attempting to roust the mammoth to put out the fire and the only way to get it to move is with a big push.
Case in point:
17mm hexes for 1/10 2wd
One year later we have these from Traxxas
http://c0029494.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/traxxas2017mm20hex20adapters.jpg
and Hmm... they look alot like these from AKA
http://www.raceaka.com/assets/images/Accessories/33001.jpg
Traxxas should take their connector copy as the sincerest form of flattery or go after venom, they us it, and I would call their universal plug system a mechanical carbon copy.

:Shame_on_You: for not doing your research
I have been the biggest stupidest advocate for the boat on this forum because I had faith, I'm human and I make mistakes and I'll admit them.

I don't really see traxxas's forum as the front lawn, more the side-drive/garage. I do see it as too regulated to the point that they are not getting honest feed back on their product which I would believe would be the ultimate goal. They allow discussion of castle product freely, I would think that any discussion of any HK product would be meet with the equal amount of negativity to make the suggestion a mostly moot point given the opportunity; someone puts a HK sticker on the garage door, someone else will scratch it out, same as the castle sticker.

I do agree on their sentiment on HK, I know it goes against most on these forums, but dealing with it on a weekly "base consumer" basis is rather agitating.
The pricing of all HK products appeals to most base consumers with an internet connection, However HK is in it 110% for the $$$$$ they don't give a rats *** about development and support, their government encourages blatant copyright theft.
exceed, redcat, hobbyking, bananahobby :blah: all advertise as "hobby grade" when they should be Hasbro (http://www.hasbro.com/discover/nitroxrc.cfm) toy grade.
I have more exceed stories that I have time to type them up.
All that HK does for the hobby is scare off people with any interest and put a bad taste in the mouths of those that have real interest.

Not that Traxxas is doing much better for the boating world right now.

George :Peace_Sign:

Brushless55
03-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Actually HK has brought many I believe to the hobby
you can get some great things from them at cheap prices

wilsta67
03-30-2011, 02:11 AM
agree HK rocks!
TRAXXAS sux!

Brushless55
03-30-2011, 10:29 AM

agree HK rocks!
TRAXXAS sux!

I'm starting to believe this is the real reason traxxas is so pissed :cool2:

Panama Jack
03-30-2011, 06:20 PM
I have been in the hobby for 18 years, I have owned many things my first traxxas was a RAD 2 buggy, and had more than 10 traxxas cars. The spartan been my first boat.

To me Hobby king is one of the best if not the best rc related page for batts brushless motors servos and many other things.

besides its not like the spartan is made in the usa or germany.....

Brushless55
03-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I have been in the hobby for 18 years, I have owned many things my first traxxas was a RAD 2 buggy, and had more than 10 traxxas cars. The spartan been my first boat.

To me Hobby king is one of the best if not the best rc related page for batts brushless motors servos and many other things.

besides its not like the spartan is made in the usa or germany.....

bingo! :thumbup1:

rinski73
03-30-2011, 08:05 PM
i hear all you guys about all that traxxas forum crap from daddy boy and the nitro clucker i got my 10 pionts for stating the truth about the spartan that it has a problem glad to be here on OSE

rinski73
03-30-2011, 08:07 PM
I hear you loud and clear kevin and thanks for the invite to ose

rinski73
03-30-2011, 08:10 PM
HEY KEVIN THANKS FOR THAT INVITE TO OSE:iagree:

dag-nabit
03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
I hear you loud and clear kevin and thanks for the invite to ose

Good to see you decided to drop by.

Kevin