PDA

View Full Version : cc bec question

bbosncali
03-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok so I got my cc bec today but after reading the instructions I'm a little confused. First it says solder the positive and negative to the batteries ok so since I'm running 2 packs do I solder them toin series just like it comes off my esc? 2nd it says remove red wire from the plug that goes into my reciever since my esc has no bec do I still revove red wire? Thanks for the help

bwells
03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
CC says to solder the BEC to one battery lead even though you are running series. I asked the same question and was told here to solder the BEC to the harness that feeds the ESC, cutting down the series voltage as opposed to cutting down only one battery (to me, sounds better) and the reason was that the unbalance between the batteries would deplete one faster than the other (?). If your ESC has no BEC, I don't see why you would need to remove the red wire but this is only a guess.

Diesel6401
03-26-2011, 05:06 PM
I have this BEC solder to the leads coming from the esc to the deans not to the jumper that connects the deans. Maybe this will help. I would remove the red wire regardless, just use a small jewelers flat head and lift the lock tap and slide the red wire from the servo lead.