PDA

View Full Version : flysky radio

dano1
03-25-2011, 10:15 PM
have a flysky radio i put in a mono that i just finished buiding, its a gt3b system, ran the boat a few passes to get glitches out and the dang thing is dead now and not getting a signal, anyone run these things?....it has a fail safe built in to reciver

FE Wannabe
03-25-2011, 10:37 PM
I have one. Are you getting any lights on the receiver at all?
Did you get the receiver wet?

SweetZ28
03-25-2011, 10:38 PM
have a flysky radio i put in a mono that i just finished buiding, its a gt3b system, ran the boat a few passes to get glitches out and the dang thing is dead now and not getting a signal, anyone run these things?....it has a fail safe built in to reciver

I have the flysky i never had one problem i run them in 10 RC models.... try rebinding it make sure ABS brakes are off on the radio.

also with the gtb3 radio after every setting adjustment you make you have to press the enter rotery button down or your settings won't be stored.

Also when switching to a new model you must first switch to the model press enter and shut off and turn back on the radio or your models settings won't load correctly and end point settings change and maybe trim settings.

dano1
03-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Im getting no lite on the reciever now, no...it didnt get wet, ive run it on another boat with no troubles, it just stopped responding like batterys were dead, im running the bec connected, i really havent dug into it yet for trouble shooting but im surprised it just quit like it did, i was in a no wake zone...ha ha....and it just stopped. The only thing i dont like about the transmitter is its easy to make a missadjustment in hand when your running, the grip has the buttons on it, the radio has 2 passes on it

dano1
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Im only running one boat on the system also, ill check the settings but as i stated ...its strange it just stopped like it did

SweetZ28
03-25-2011, 10:53 PM
don't worry about water these flysky 2.4 RX's can run under water they don't get harmed by water.

SweetZ28
03-25-2011, 10:56 PM
I put a flysky modual in a ko propo mars , mars R and ex10 helios great radio's with all the features you ever need and no problems but you get to buy the cheap FS 2.4 $7.00 RX's to boot!! no prblems with these set ups!!

FE Wannabe
03-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Dano,
Are you sure your BEC is good and providing between 5 and 6 volts?
If it is then you may have a bad receiver.

dano1
03-26-2011, 01:18 PM
im going to put a external battery pack in it and try it again to see if its a bec issue, like i stated i just got the boat running so it could be several things, glad someone else is running these radio's....there a tad confusing setting up first time

SweetZ28
03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Try that it may work.
Here is my KO converted to flaysky 2.4 radios... also am doing a mars R!

dano1
03-26-2011, 04:11 PM
The esc is out of my kos....that could be a serious problem right off the bat, i have a 125amp turnigy that has something funk going on with it but i reprogrammed it so i may try that one again, where should the stinger be setting on that little jewel?, im about level with the hull now.....mabey a tad down

dano1
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Its the prince knock off i bought from brad

dano1
03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
bec bad in esc , put a external pac in and all came back online, thanks for the info guys

FE Wannabe
03-26-2011, 06:36 PM
bec bad in esc , put a external pac in and all came back online, thanks for the info guys

Glad to hear it was just the BEC in the ESC.
Although, I am sure the ESC cost a lot more than that $7 receiver!

Got to love the price, i just outfitted the last 5 of my surface RC vehicles with these receivers for less than i sold my last used JR RS300 synthesized receiver for on eBay.

SweetZ28
03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Yea pick up a old KO PROPO radio for 60 bucks or so used and buy the flysky modual put it in and you have one of the best radios going!!
Got to love it!!

Brushless55
03-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Yea pick up a old KO PROPO radio for 60 bucks or so used and buy the flysky modual put it in and you have one of the best radios going!!
Got to love it!!

got a link to one of these?

SweetZ28
03-26-2011, 08:45 PM
got a link to one of these?

The flysky modual is not a direct drop in you can make it work with KO radios by just soldering 3 wires and a resistor.

WWW.RCTECH.NET search for ko propo in the for sale section keep looking for a few days some will come up. or on e-bay...I think there is a nice Mars R on e-bay now the marrs R is the best as it holds 20 models.
found on E-bay this is a very nice radio if you get a ko radio let me know i will show you a thread on what you need to fit the 2.4 flysky modual in it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/KO-PROPO-EX-1-MARS-R-FM-27mhz-Radio-w-xtra-receiver-/170618460625?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b9a719d1

dano1
03-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Bad thing about getting the model i have is the back order wait..............took a month and a half before i finally got mine, there real popular radio's and yes....the 7.00 bucks for extra recievers is a tasty deal by far

SweetZ28
03-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Bad thing about getting the model i have is the back order wait..............took a month and a half before i finally got mine, there real popular radio's and yes....the 7.00 bucks for extra recievers is a tasty deal by far

If you have the GTB3 you must do this:

after every setting adjustment you make you have to press the enter rotery button down or your settings won't be stored.

Also when switching to a new model you must first switch to the model press enter and shut off and turn back on the radio or your models settings won't load correctly and end point settings change and maybe trim settings.