PDA

View Full Version : ***NEW*** Spektrum DX3C TX

Darin Jordan
03-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Hey Guys,

Not sure if you've seen this, but Spektrum just announced a new 3 Channel, 20 model memory TX, that is a VERY reasonably priced way to get a Spektrum marine compatable 2.4 system

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM3300

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/SPM/450/SPM3300-450.jpg

millzee
03-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Looks good, thanks for pointing this out, it'll come in very handy as a 2nd controller.

regisparent
03-24-2011, 05:22 AM
I haved a lot of probleme with my spektrum ( lost signal) it's finish for me.
airtronic now!

ron1950
03-24-2011, 06:56 AM
how many more entry lvl controllers can they make? dx2 dx3 dx3e dx3c couple more and they will have the beginner market cornered

Darin Jordan
03-24-2011, 07:14 AM
how many more entry lvl controllers can they make? dx2 dx3 dx3e dx3c couple more and they will have the beginner market cornered

Ron... with a 20-Model memory, and all the mixing features, this is hardly a "beginner" controller... It's designed to meet the needs of the Crawler market, which doesn't need all the extra telemetry features, and needs combined steering, etc. It's really a pretty nice radio and will work well for boats, and the price is right.

They just released the DX3R-Pro to cover the top end... Sheesh! What more do you want?? :bounce: (Said with a light-hearted giggle and a nudge... ;) )

regisparent - As for Spektrum losing signal... If you can specify your exact setup, I'm pretty sure I can tell you why you lost signal. It's pretty rare with these new systems... I've yet to experience it myself, after almost 3-years of running it, and that includes using the older SR3100 RXs, which aren't recommended for water. DID happen with the older stuff, but this marine protocol is solid. Sorry you had trouble with yours. Wish you could have done it in another thread, but I do understand your need to vent...

ron1950
03-24-2011, 07:24 AM
daren u ought to read your own (horizon) propaganda....they say its a beginner radio!

Darin Jordan
03-24-2011, 08:11 AM
daren u ought to read your own (horizon) propaganda....they say its a beginner radio!

Maybe their marketing department needs to talk to me before they write that stuff up! :bounce:

ron1950
03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
darin i am not trying to get on ya man....i love my dx3s and dx3r and wont change for anything....just thought id relay the beginner add on horizon site and all.....

JimClark
03-24-2011, 05:35 PM
I thought you were a Futaba Rep :bounce:

darin i am not trying to get on ya man....i love my dx3s and dx3r and wont change for anything....just thought id relay the beginner add on horizon site and all.....

ron1950
03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
ya sounded worse then i ment it too

JackBlack26
03-24-2011, 06:02 PM
They consider it a "beginner" radio because it doesn't have the adjustability of the R or even the S. But for what we need it to do, most if us sport boaters, it's more than sufficient unless you actually know how to use all the graphs and stuff on the others. I have a 3R and wish they would of had something like this when I bought that instead, a few years ago. I have never used any of the "racing" features on it and don't think I ever will.

I saw this radio at RCX and it felt great. It has me sold and I'm ready to trade my 3R for this as soon as it hits my LHS!!

Himalaya
03-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I've been using a futaba radio for years and have no plan to change BECAUSE IT'S BLACK.