PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion EOS1210i Charger: Charge Rate

10gauge
03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a Hyperion EOS1210i Charger and a LBA10 Balancer. I noticed that once the charger nears 90% capacity, the charge current trickles down to around 0.3A. I no longer get 1C charge rate after ~90%. Is this normal???...

I charge my LiPos 1-2 times a year, I can't remember if the charge rate remained constant remained @ 1C or not?...

BTW, My Hyperion LBA10 is rather quirky, it has a tough time recognizing that a battery is connected and I get an error message repeatedly. After about 5 tries of connecting the cable to the cells, keep pressing Mode/Reset, I get the LBA10 to finally initialize, then I am good to go. I wonder if the new Hyperion 0720i Super Duo charger is as quirky with the built in balancers?...

I've been away from the hobby for 2years. I used to be a regular here and on the pond, but I've shied away since our ponds have been overflown with weeds in recent years. However, I am looking forward to spending more time at the pond this spring.

knpc
03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
As far as charge rate, both of my Hyperion chargers do the same thing at the end of the charge. I believe it lowers the amps and charges slower to balance the cells properly. It is normal, the last 10% of the charge takes the longest.

Not sure where in MA you are, but there are alot more of us FE boaters here now than there were a couple years ago. I try to get to the pond every other weekend in the sping/summer with a few other guys in the area. Keep an eye on the MA thread, now that the ice is gone I'm sure we'll be getting out there soon.

Kevin

10gauge
03-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi Kevin, thanks for the quick response. It seems long ago that I took a boat out - I've become a little rusty. Funny that you mentioned the MA thread - I started that thread!... A few bad outings at the pond with weeds in Winchester, I've shied away from the hobby for a few years now. As quirky as the LBA10 balancer is, I charged all 13 LiPo packs this weekend.

I am in a suburb of Boston. Unfortunately, I think I am the only RC boater in my area. I am glad that there's more interest in MA now - that's why I started a thread 2 years ago to see who was around. Your name sounds familiar - you have some nice builds if I remember correctly!

It's getting late, but I'll post in the MA thread soon.

George