PDA

View Full Version : Another Issue I Have Now....

GeoRXT
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I put in the new x642 prop, charged the batteries and went out for a test ride before the sun went down....Strapped the gps inside and went for it....After like 1-2 minutes of riding the boat seemed to slow down considerably.....I take it to shore and read the gps at 33.5mph....I reset it and go at it again.....Once again the boat is noticeably slow....Did 2 or so more minutes of riding and took it to shore again....the gos read 22.3mph :confused1:

Now what? Everything was as usual except for that blue box inside the "waterproof" case that was extremely hot....I dont think its ever been like that, not even the batteries were hot....I checked the water lines going to it and they seem fine with no obstruction....Now, I dont know if maybe the line was crimpled somewhat when the lid was closed or something....

I could not test again because the sun went down completely....

obrien
01-10-2008, 12:13 AM
what batteries are you running now?

did you sharpen, balance, and detongue the prop?

Where are you batteries located in the boat?

What is your trim angle on your drive?

GeoRXT
01-10-2008, 08:48 AM
what batteries are you running now?

did you sharpen, balance, and detongue the prop?

Where are you batteries located in the boat?

What is your trim angle on your drive?
Still running the venom 7 cell 5000

Prop cam balanced and sharpened but not detongued

Batteries in stock location

Stock trim...can you move the stock trim up and down?

Steven Vaccaro
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I would say you over loaded the esc. Try it again next time with 6 cell packs if you have them with the x642.

GeoRXT
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I would say you over loaded the esc. Try it again next time with 6 cell packs if you have them with the x642.
I dont have other batteries and dont plan on spending another $150+ on them so they will have to suffice....I think the receiver is damaged since it was wet. I took it out today again and it started acting up and drove itself into the bank scratching the front part of the bottom hull.... :( It was fast as hell though...the gps bounced inside the hull and turned off so I dont know the speed achieved, but it was going fast....

I dried the receiver as best I could with a blow dryer and will try again tomorrow....If not I will need to purchase a new receiver I think....How much are these? Recommend any?...

RCprince
01-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Spray it out with WD and where did you pay 150 for 2 6 cells....A lil on the stiff side.

GeoRXT
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Spray it out with WD and where did you pay 150 for 2 6 cells....A lil on the stiff side.
Its a pair of 7 cells not 6 cells...$77 ea. I think it was at warricks hobby superstore.

Spray what with WD40?

RCprince
01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
The Esc, thats still a lil Stiff...I bought a pair of 7 also for 55 at a local hobby

GeoRXT
01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
When you know what you're buying you know how much to buy it for...Me on the other hand had no idea! And they are Venom batteries which people here seem to hate!...Im not a lover of em either....Now that I know them...

FE_Chris
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I was gonna say dude....even ebay batteries are better then venom's IMO. I had some in the past and they are junk. Low voltage, lower than advertised Mah and runtimes......:confused1:

I found the BJ26 ESC to run ultra cool on 12 cells/4s1p lipo. I think you may have over loaded it.......just a thaught.

When you know what you're buying you know how much to buy it for...Me on the other hand had no idea! And they are Venom batteries which people here seem to hate!...Im not a lover of em either....Now that I know them...

GeoRXT
01-16-2008, 09:26 PM
I was gonna say dude....even ebay batteries are better then venom's IMO. I had some in the past and they are junk. Low voltage, lower than advertised Mah and runtimes......:confused1:

I found the BJ26 ESC to run ultra cool on 12 cells/4s1p lipo. I think you may have over loaded it.......just a thaught.
Maybe did at the moment....But now its running fine 33.8 mph steady the past 2-3 times....Run time is between 10-15 minutes depending on how hard i ride it...