PDA

View Full Version : modded villain ex trouble

Jcarlton
04-20-2007, 11:51 PM
i have a villain ex with a novak super duty xl esc , 2 johnson 600 motors , running 14.4 volts . got it all installed with the 2 motors counter rotating off one line . i have forward but reverse acts weird . some times it works some times not ? does any one have a similar setup who can help me? any insight or advice would be appreciated !! :o :o :confused:

Steven Vaccaro
04-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Sounds like a bad solder connection or a problem with the esc.

RMZDADDY
04-21-2007, 01:24 AM
It may be the esc's programming. The first time you trigger reverse it is probably braking. I have to trigger reverse twice to run the props in reverse on the two super duty's I use. That programming feature is intended to prevent damage to land based vehicles by hitting reverse when moving forward at speed. There should be a profile you can program into the esc that does not use the braking feature. The manufacturers instructions that came with the esc should tell you how to make the necessary change.

RMZDADDY
04-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Nope, I was wrong, the super duty xr does not have a throttle program without brakes. You can only disable reverse or limit the percentage of throttle in reverse.