PDA

View Full Version : (2) 40C 2s Turnigy 5000mah

keithbradley
03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
LISTING CANCELED AFTER CHECKING CELL VOLTAGES - SORRY FOR THE ERRORBoth will come with bullets. I got these in a trade and got rid of the boat I was going to use them in so I no longer need them. Shrink warp has a couple knicks other than that they are in good shape. No puffing or bloating.

$45 shipped paypal

or

$42 shipped sent as xxxx

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/keithbradley/100_4628.jpg

OttoSea
03-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I'll take them if aren't any dead cells. Send pp info.

John

keithbradley
03-17-2011, 08:47 PM
I'll take them if aren't any dead cells. Send pp info.

John

Funny you chould ask. After receiving a PM from another member, I double checked the voltages on these to make sure they were properly balanced.
Lipo #1 was 8.2V total, 4.1 evenly on both cells
Lipo #2 was 4.5V total with 4.2V being on one cell.

If you want to see if you can bring the sell back you can have them for $25 shipped, if not let me know and I'll probably just cancel the ad and use them for something around here.

johnnyoverkill
03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Keith,

If John doesn't take them as is, I will.

Thanks,
John

:beerchug:

johnnyoverkill
03-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Keith,

Thanks,
John

That is if you don't keep them! :huh:

keithbradley
03-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Keith,

Thanks,
John

Did you read the above post?

johnnyoverkill
03-17-2011, 08:59 PM
I didn't see the canx post Keith. If that's what you meant?

keithbradley
03-17-2011, 09:02 PM
I didn't see the canx post Keith. If that's what you meant?

No, I meant the post explaining that one has a bad cell. If you read it, thats fine, Ill sell them for $25 shipped. Just didnt want any misunderstandings.

OttoSea
03-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Keith, I'll pas on these. Thank you for the information.

John

keithbradley
03-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Johhnyoverkill these are yours for $25 if you want them. Let me know.

johnnyoverkill
03-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Keith, I'll pas on these. Thank you for the information.

John

Thank you John.

Yes Keith, I know about the bum cell. No problem. I can PP to your addy on file if you'll ship for the $25.

Same PP addy? Same ship to as last time. I'll resend my address just in case you didn't keep it.

Thanks,
John

keithbradley
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Thank you John.

Yes Keith, I know about the bum cell. No problem. I can PP to your addy on file if you'll ship for the $25.

Same PP addy? Same ship to as last time. I'll resend my address just in case you didn't keep it.

Thanks,
John

Yes, same paypal, and yes, please resend your address. Ive shipped alot of stuff lately and wouldnt want to get the address confused with someone elses.

johnnyoverkill
03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Shipping a lot lately! Good GOD man! Stop QUICK, you'll run out of stuff!

DO NOT LET MY WIFE READ THIS OR WE'LL BOTH BE IN TROUBLE! :w00t:

Heading to PP now... :sold:

woodster
03-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Hey guys is pretty easy to bring the cells back.. this is a killer deal

6S HYDRO
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I believe one of the pins on the balance connector of one of the packs was a lil tricky to get to read, BUT ALL THE CELLS WERE OK in both packs. Check voltage from the discharge leads

chummer
03-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey guys is pretty easy to bring the cells back.. this is a killer deal

I would be interested in knowing how to do that. :bowdown::bowdown: Worth a try.

Is there a thread? Can you link me up?

6S HYDRO
03-18-2011, 05:37 PM
charge on nicd to bring the cells up to ample voltage then quickly switch over to lipo charge. (very low charge rate for the nicd charge like .8 to 1.0 amp)

keithbradley
03-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I believe one of the pins on the balance connector of one of the packs was a lil tricky to get to read, BUT ALL THE CELLS WERE OK in both packs. Check voltage from the discharge leads

I measured at the bullets on the output leads. Thats where I got 8.2V on one pack adn 4.5v on the other. Even if you measured between the end wires on the balance plug it would not be 4.5V due to a bad wire or pin, it would be open and read 0.0V.

Im not too concerned either way, Johhnyoverkill bought them and they were shipped to him today. I only charged him for one, so whatever he does with the other is up to him.:thumbup1:

Many will tell you charging a dead cell is unsafe and unadvised. Do what you want, but I dont want anyone to get the idea that I reccomend doing anything with a bad cell other than disposing of it. Lipo care is the responsibility of the user, and I would never advise doing anything unless you are completely aware of the (possible) consequences.

johnnyoverkill
03-18-2011, 07:58 PM
I measured at the bullets on the output leads. Thats where I got 8.2V on one pack adn 4.5v on the other. Even if you measured between the end wires on the balance plug it would not be 4.5V due to a bad wire or pin, it would be open and read 0.0V.

Im not too concerned either way, Johhnyoverkill bought them and they were shipped to him today. I only charged him for one, so whatever he does with the other is up to him.:thumbup1:

Many will tell you charging a dead cell is unsafe and unadvised. Do what you want, but I dont want anyone to get the idea that I reccomend doing anything with a bad cell other than disposing of it. Lipo care is the responsibility of the user, and I would never advise doing anything unless you are completely aware of the (possible) consequences.

I'm with you Keith. A bad cell is just that, bad. I have a bucket waiting for the bad one to sit in the water for a few days... then the garbage can where it cannot burst and burn down my house. There's a forum member here that did just that. I don't intend on following him. This pair will turn into a 3S pack for my daughter's boat.

Thank you again for the good deal Keith,
John