PDA

View Full Version : Gizmo1 built me this Custom HIP Baja 5b SS exactly to my liking...

JMSCARD
03-17-2011, 05:48 PM
well here is something I am very happy about... not a boat.. but its a custom built, tons and tons of hop ups... cant even list em' cause all I kept saying was "sounds good", "lets do it" and "sweet" .... lol... anyway Buddy Aka GIZMO1 owns Inertia racing products which is a Baja Accessory Store...

First of all I cant say how happy I am... he brought me step through step of the building process.. kept sending me pics of the build.... and here is the almost finished product... only thing left is paint matched side skirts and the Siren/LED Failsafe to be installed.... I don't even want to list the upgrades as I only know about a third of them... lol.... but aint she sweet... got two sets of tires/wheels too... Hostiles for the dirt, and some slicks for the street... :)

Thanks again Buddy for all... cant say how much I appreciate it!!! Ive been thinking of one of these for awhile and Buddy made it reality!!

JMSCARD
03-17-2011, 05:50 PM
more...

millzee
03-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Looks great, now go have fun getting it all dirty!:thumbup:

johnson22456
03-17-2011, 07:48 PM
I only see one problem... It's not brushless.

Sweet ride nonetheless.

RandyatBBY
03-17-2011, 08:17 PM

Sweet ride nonetheless.

I have to agree with you! and so will the Neighbors!

LarrysDrifter
03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
2028 it.

woodster
03-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Looks great! I think you also need a truck body for it ;)

chummer
03-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Sweet ride nonetheless.

When I seen the thread tittle and the author, I was expecting to see the 2028 for sure.:tongue_smilie:

Looks good JM, Bet you are afraid to get it dirty though. :bounce::bounce:

JMSCARD
03-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Ha ha... thanks for the comments gents!! and yeh I was very close to running this on the old 2028... but in light of the fact that I wanted it to make some noise... have longgggg runtime I decided to stick with gas.... but this very well will see a 2028 at some point... we will see what the gas motor does for me with the GBE Hornet pipe... :) But you are right.. my title is a little off now that I read it again because I am definately a electric guy at heart.... lol

I am probably going to run it alot on blacktop with the street tires just for the fact that it will stay clean.... this buggy also has a FULL LOCKER rear end and HD axles and drive cups... so it should take a beating.... again cant say enough good things about working with Buddy on this... he has been better then fantastic service!!!

6sHyper
03-18-2011, 04:27 PM
your title is also a little off because i've never heard of an HIP baja 5b????? LMAO

anyways gas is cool, way better thna nitro i personally would run it on gas too, nothing beats the smoke and the sound of a good running gas RC, and so much more reliable than nitro. I bet your afraid to get it dirty though!!! haha

Brushless55
03-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Awesome man!
what motor is in this?
I have a GP290 in mine and love the thing :rockon2:

JMSCARD
03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Awesome man!
what motor is in this?
I have a GP290 in mine and love the thing :rockon2:

its the stock 26cc 5t motor with the GBE hornet pipe... supposed to be a really good setup... has the better clutch in her too.... I may upgrade to a full crazy mod motor later but buddy said the throttle response on this sucker was sensational and he thought it was plenty of power... the hornet pip is supposed to really help her out..

He sent me this vid to show me what to expect... stock 26cc motor with the GBE pipe... seems sufficient to me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bRFjabE9DA

I actually will have some more pics... I had a couple more upgrades installed yet again :) boy this is as bad as the boats!!

Brushless55
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I agree, pipes can make a huge difference on these puppies!