PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Postal Space?

kahnen
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I know quite a few people send stuff on here so I thought I would ask on here. I sold something on Ebay for a relative and shipped it out on Dec 20th. They choose to have it sent Parcel Post (2-9 days delivery) with the holiday I told them that it will probably take longer. It is now the 7th of January and they still say they haven't gotten it yet.

The tracking on the USPS web page shows that it left a post office in Washington on the 26th and thats the last entry. The package was going to Arkansas.:cursing: Why the hecks it in Washington? Anyways, I contacted the post office where I sent it from and basically was told that they can't track it and was no help. Is there a different way I can locate it or contact someone else to locate it?

I don't want to have to do a refund (which according to the auction, I don't have to) because the money from it already went to the relative and if I ask for them to give it back then they are out of the item and money but the buyer is out of the item and their money too. They didn't take the optional insurance. I shouldn't feel bad about telling them their SOL, but I would :blush:

I'd rather get them the item. Any help would be appeciated.

ReddyWatts
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I was shipped a package through USPS and it took 30 days for it to get across the US. I think they have a black hole that they send some of it through and no one knows where it is, until it comes out. ha

kahnen
01-07-2008, 05:35 PM
I was shipped a package through USPS and it took 30 days for it to get across the US. I think they have a black hole that they send some of it through and no one knows where it is until it comes out. ha

30 days! Geez! I've shipped a bunch of things with the post office and this is the first time this has happened. One was even an RC tank, I was so worried that wasn't going to make it in one piece :w00t: that made it in 3 days. Priority mail. Guess I'll just stick with priority deliveries.

SJFE
01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
I had a box take 5 weeks cross country. It was shipped to East Jabip along the way I think...lol

Mich. Maniac
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I have had to call the PO that it has gone to. once I had to call one in Tenn. the guy that answered knew the person I was sending too. He said (slowly) yep, I run the office and deliver to all in this city. That musta been a smalllll town. So, anyway perhaps a call to the Washington PO mihght hekp

kahnen
01-07-2008, 06:14 PM
I have had to call the PO that it has gone to. once I had to call one in Tenn. the guy that answered knew the person I was sending too. He said (slowly) yep, I run the office and deliver to all in this city. That musta been a smalllll town. So, anyway perhaps a call to the Washington PO mihght hekp

lol sounds like Mayberry was he the sheriff too?

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Ocean Racer
01-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I know a guy like that his towns so small hes the mayor,judge,fireman,city counsel,and a couple other things to.

Eodman
01-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I purchased a supervee off ebay, location California shipped to me in NJ it took almost 4 weeks to get to me! Shipped USPS when it arrived it had a New Penn routing slip on it!

New Penn is a coast to coast truck company I think!

kahnen
01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
wow, so maybe we should just wait a bit longer. It might show up?

Jeepers
01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I ordered an item around thanksgiving, I have never received it and the tracking number shows it has been delivered TWICE! to TWO different address! neither one of them mine, the post office cant seem to find it and still have not received it as of this date. still waiting to see if I get my money back or not.

kahnen
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Neither rain, snow or black holes will prevent the mail from getting through. The item was delived on the Jan 11th :buttrock: Almost a month. :doh:

FE_Chris
01-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Yup, my storys not domestic, but I sent a set of proline bowties mounted on dish's to a fella in Austrailia. He filed a paypal dispute, got his money back.

6 months later, my package shows up beaten to crap, but it was ok cause it was wheels and tires.

6 MONTHS!!!!! I thaught they where gone........I could not believe my eyes....

SJFE
01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
My local postmaster told me there are warehouses that contain tons of parcels that are un deliverable. I'd love to be cut lose in one with a razor knife and a uhaul....LOL