PDA

View Full Version : ekos single drive maiden

DyrtyByrd
03-13-2011, 07:28 PM
maidened my single drive ekos today put it in the water pulled the trigger and it was very slow wouldnt even plain out, so i brought it back in swapped two of the motor wires and tried again, this thing jumped out of the water! i was very suprised no adjustments no tinkering nothing it just ran flawlessly i would estimate high 50s as i dont have a gps yet. is anyone else running a single ekos?
anyways heres my setup
leopard 4082 1500kv
seaking 180 amp
2 turnigy 4000 mah 3s 40c batts (6s total)
futaba s3003 servo
2000 mah 4.8v rx pack
k 42 plastic prop

the only problem i think i have is when i plug the batts in to the esc there is a big pop of a spark is this normal im using 5.5mm bullets
pics and video to come soon!

mappo
03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
maidened my single drive ekos today put it in the water pulled the trigger and it was very slow wouldnt even plain out, so i brought it back in swapped two of the motor wires and tried again, this thing jumped out of the water! i was very suprised no adjustments no tinkering nothing it just ran flawlessly i would estimate high 50s as i dont have a gps yet. is anyone else running a single ekos?
anyways heres my setup
leopard 4082 1500kv
seaking 180 amp
2 turnigy 4000 mah 3s 40c batts (6s total)
futaba s3003 servo
2000 mah 4.8v rx pack
k 42 plastic prop

the only problem i think i have is when i plug the batts in to the esc there is a big pop of a spark is this normal im using 5.5mm bullets
pics and video to come soon!

hey the pop you heard is quite normal, this happens when the capacitors in your esc gets charged up