PDA

View Full Version : FE racers in Australia (melb)

Apples1
01-06-2008, 02:03 AM
looking for anyone into FE boats in Melbourne Australia for advice in BJ26BL or similar boats?

Apples1
07-23-2008, 04:50 AM
Thanks to all, we are now in the process in setting up a SV27 and BJ26 club spec class running on 4s with stock motor and esc and any hardware, hopefully we will get some footage of our first race meet over the 400m circuit!

andym
07-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Well done , the lower cost of classes like this will bring more people and great close racing. It does not matter if you race at an average of 40 mph or 55mph if it is close it is a great event and a spectacal for competitors and spectators alike.

Xzessperated
07-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Thanks to all, we are now in the process in setting up a SV27 and BJ26 club spec class running on 4s with stock motor and esc and any hardware, hopefully we will get some footage of our first race meet over the 400m circuit!

Some footage would be good. Not far for me to come and I could go and see St. Kilda win another game on the same weekend if the dates are right.
I agree with what andym said about the low budget classes. Close racing is always better than someone lapping the entire field (unless it is me lapping Andy).

Apples1
07-23-2008, 04:08 PM
You guys dont know of anyone selling a 4s rigger do you? also what radio's are you guys using?

Xzessperated
07-23-2008, 05:50 PM
You guys dont know of anyone selling a 4s rigger do you? also what radio's are you guys using?

John I have a new rigger being built in the U.S.A. and I will probably sell one of mine when that arrives. It could be a month or two before the new one arrives because the guy building it has had bad health.

I use a JR-R1 radio. I had a lot of glitching problems when I first got back into FE boats. There is no glitching problem with this radio but I think it has been replaced by a newer model. There are many glitch free radios now and I would like one of the new breed of radios with the short antennas (2.4Ghz). I will have to see what I buy myself for Xmas I guess. :laugh:

Apples1
07-23-2008, 08:50 PM
no worries, let me know if and when you decide to let one of your riggers go, what hull are you getting from the states?

Xzessperated
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
no worries, let me know if and when you decide to let one of your riggers go, what hull are you getting from the states?

Ok I will let you know about the rigger when it is for sale. I will do you a good deal on it as I want to see it go to someone that will put it to good use.

This is the new one... all CF as you can see.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9333/img1201ws6.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/437/img1195kh4.jpg

Apples1
07-24-2008, 12:44 AM
that is incredable, never seen anything like that before, great finish for CF:flammes-09: , who makes it? and it looks like a 6s size is that right?

Xzessperated
07-24-2008, 02:13 AM
that is incredable, never seen anything like that before, great finish for CF:flammes-09: , who makes it? and it looks like a 6s size is that right?
Randy Naylor at BBY Racing is making it. Here is an example of his painting skills...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/2698069428_8cf9ffb29a_o.jpg

and another one of the transom of the new rigger...

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8826/img1238co7.jpg

and one of the motor and engine mount....

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6235/img1240rh3.jpg

I had a PM from Randy today and he is still not well. I hope he looks after his health. I am in no hurry for my boat as I have 3 others here I am constantly testing and improving. A mans health is more important than any boat.
The new rigger is 38 inches long or almost 1 meter. It will be 8s and will come with a SAW and circuit ruddder. I know those sponsons are not for circuit but I can do something about that and make it good for SAW and just ok for circuit.

Apples1
07-24-2008, 04:04 AM
sorry what is SAW.... i know i should know this one :confused2:

Xzessperated
07-24-2008, 04:49 AM
sorry what is SAW.... i know i should know this one :confused2:

John,
AMPBA define it as straight line racing. You get the boat up to top speed before you enter the course with the timing gear. Your boat is timed over the course and it gives you the accurate speed of your boat. You must do two passes for it to be official. That means you go up the course one way and slow down and make your turn and come back down the course the opposite way. The average speed of the two passes is your speed.
Here is a link to AMPBA's rule book...
http://www.ampba.asn.au/AMPBA%20Documents.htm

Here is a video of a 140mph run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR-6dwFVlLs

I hope this helps

I have no one to race here so I just use a gps. That is why I was interested in your racing in Victoria. It would be nice to come over sometimes and race a boat around a circuit.
Paddy

Apples1
07-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the info, i am a circuit man my self.

That would be be great, i liked your CF rigger soo much, i am chatting with randy about a future 4s CF for me, his paint jobs are awersome.

Xzessperated
07-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the info, i am a circuit man my self.

That would be be great, i liked your CF rigger soo much, i am chatting with randy about a future 4s CF for me, his paint jobs are awersome.

I like circuits too. I have a mono for circuits. I am going to build a fast mono circuit boat soon. Just waiting on my tax return.
Thats good news about the 4s rigger. Randy is a very talented man and you will be happy with your rigger.
Let me know more about what you guys are doing over there when you get the ball rolling with your races. I might have to buy me a BJ or SV27 so I can come race with you guys.

Apples1
08-13-2008, 01:45 AM
How is the SAW build comming along, and how long has it been?

Xzessperated
08-13-2008, 02:21 AM
How is the SAW build comming along, and how long has it been?

Hi John. I ordered it in February and due to Randy's bad health I still do not have it. You will see I am building an Xzess 3. I should have one of my other riggers for sale soon. I will let you know as soon as I do.
Where do you run your boats in Melbourne? The wife want to move there. I am not keen on the idea as here I only have 10 minutes to drive to my boat pond but I think in Melbounre I would a have much longer drive.

Apples1
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I am a little concerned with my build at BBY as well, i have ordered my 34in rigger, and payed 3 weeks ago and it hasnt been started yet. ( he gave me a 2 month build time) ,but a mans health is more important than a silly hobby!

I race at Carribian Gardens (behind market) but i do use raceing loosley as i have no other competition in FE YET! only one other guy running a maritimo and a BJ26, and another guy running a hydro of some sort

Xzessperated
08-13-2008, 08:43 PM
I am not worried about my boat. It just needs painting. As you said, a mans health is more important than any boat.
I think you are racing not far from the CBD in Melbourne. I will "WhereIs" it later. I will have a good long think about moving to Melbourne. The only plus is I would have someone to enjoy FE boats with.

Apples1
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
racing is about 20 25 min from CBD ,Sounds great, what field of work are you in?

Xzessperated
08-13-2008, 11:21 PM
John I am surprised the pond is so close to the CBD. Now I am really interested. My boating has been the thing stopping me moving to Melbourne. It sound as like if I live in one of the inner suburbs then I would not have far to travel to the pond.
Are there any restrictions on the use of the pond? eg. Hours of use, using a rubber dingy to retrieve a dead boat, etc.
My wife is an accountant and I am a security guard so I think work is easy for both of use to find.

Apples1
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
every 2nd weekend, is a club day with 5 or 6 race days a year, every other weekend is a yacht day, not sure about lake access mid week, but there is another gook lake within 3-4 mins of the "race lake" which is great for 1 -2 boats at once. they have a outboard tinny for use by all members on club/ race days,

If you were to stick to inner eastern suburbs or even outer eastern depending on your budget, i live north of the CBD in Tullamarine (near Airport) and i can get to the lake (outer eastern (rowville) in 45min.on a sunday morning or arvo.

Good luck with plans