PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointment

Apples1
01-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Hi all,

I am new To BL racing but have played around with brushed stuff.

I recently purchased a BJ26BL and am a little dissapointed.

1, Out of the Box ESC cut out on full throttle on most sets of my Batts (except my old 3600mah nimh)

2, Finally got one run out of it and the initial speed was impressive, however it turns like a dog and cant get it to turn at speed with out almost fliping ( this is corrective so i read in other threads)

3, got a second run out of it today (still had turning issues) and about 3 minutes in lost all power and had to retrieve it and cant get anyting to work, no steering or motor)

4, Proboat dont seem to be much help and cant offer a solution or explination.

5, on the plus side the boat looks awersome and speed is great and from what i read you guys all seem to have brilliant success with sweet speeds with mods.

Can anyone offer any trouble shooting tips for a trouble free ride

Cheers All

Fluid
01-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Not enough information to help much.
* Exactly what batteries did not work - number of cells and type.
* When you retrieved the boat the last time how hot were the components?
* What type of battery connectors are you using?
* Are you still using the stock radio?
* Have you tried one of your other radios?

Apples1
01-06-2008, 05:40 PM
sorry fluid,

Everything is still stock, i can only get my 2 X 6 cell 3600 batts to run all my other 6 cell 4200 and 7 cell 4200 sets cut out at full throttle.

When i retrieved it nothring was hot or wet, when i turn on the reciever now the steering servo moves slightly to the left every time i turn it on untill it hits lock.

i am running deans conecttions from OSE on all Batt.

Thanks for you help

SJFE
01-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Sounds like the servo issue is a radio problem. Your esc problem souds like a problem with the packs that keep cutting out. You mayhave a bad cell some where. Fluid may have a better idea on that. Do you have another receiver to test in the boat?

Fluid
01-06-2008, 08:14 PM
The servo problem sounds like either a wet receiver (or a wet servo) like Tom suggested. Cutting out at full throttle usually means that there is insufficient pack voltage for the ESC to operate, so there may be a bad cell in the other packs. Frankly, the failure rate of 4200 cells is so high that I won't use them any more (except for packs I've had for a couple years). You probably have a bad cell or two in the packs, again as Tom suggested.

Actually, the receiver could be the entire problem. The factory radio is notorious for poor performance. I'd still bank on a wet radio/servo.

SJFE
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
That hull does take on water when it goes over. I really don't know why Proboat didnt do a better job leveling that hull around the hatch in order to make it easy to tape off :blink:.

Apples1
01-07-2008, 05:08 AM
thanks guys i will try all that any recomendations on a radio upgrade?

Fluid
01-07-2008, 07:13 AM
My recommendation is to get the best radio you can afford, that way the BJ will have no radio issues and future boats will be well taken care of. Regardless, get an FM or DSM radio, not another AM. Computer radios are handy since you only need one transmitter to run a number of models - from 3 to 20 depending on the radio. I have had great success with HiTec and Futaba brands.

Eodman
01-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm realitively new to R/C ... however I upgraded both mine & my sons to spektrum DX3's and don't have anymore problems! There for awhile Spectrum was running a special - you get the radio, receiver & two servos for $249.00! A little pricey but I came into some mad money! I'm not sure of the pricing on Hi tech or Futaba! The DX3 will allow you to program up to 4 boats!