PDA

View Full Version : Mini Vortex?

Cope
03-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi folks. I recently bought one of these from OSE. I"m just wondering why I cant find any info on them? No Youtube or forum info seems to be around?

Dose anyone run them?

What are, if any the recommended upgrades?

Prop? Motor?

I have yet to receive the boat so I'm not sure if this is covered in the manual but can I get a CG# to shoot for?

Thanks for the time and advice.

SweetAccord
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
You sure nothing on Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=delta+vortex

Cope
03-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks.

I guess I should have said, Almost nothing on youtube or forums. Thanks for the links.

It seems most boats that I build have a ton of info just waiting to be searched out. The Mini vortex seems to have sucked all the info about it into it's vortex...

Can anyone give me an Idea of some props to order and a CG to shoot for on my first run?

In the picks on OSE the page it looks like the stock motor is an out runner? This seems strange, out runners in boats tend to eat any wire that bounces up against them....Are folks changing these out to, Say like a 28 35-2700 inrunner? (I've been very happy with these in my brushless mini Rio.)

Also Just a heads up the the OSE page designers. The mini vortex page(ARTR) could use some picks of the inside of the hull and the hardware that's included.
There is also a typo on the page. It states that the ARTR comes with a CNC rudder and servo. Now I dont know about you, but I aint never seen a CNC servo? I'm guessing it should read "CNC servo arm"?

Thanks for the time and advice.

martin
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I think youll find its a cnc servo mount & not arm, If you want pictures of the inside of the boat go to www.deltaforce-hk.com. Theirs pics & specs of the boat, Dont discount outrunner motors in these little boats some of them are very fast with lots of torque but would have a higher kv than the stock motor in this boat on 3s. Thanks Martin

Cope
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks.

Dose anyone on here run these? If so, What have you done to make it faster/run better?

Who has the fastest Mini Vortex? (Any build threads around? )

I'm looking to use this as a test bed. I want to make it silly fast.

Whats the largest ESC, BAT., Motor and Prop combo folks have managed in this hull?

From the picks I see it looks like the hull is roomy enough to fit some large gear in. I'm talking so much gear that She almost don't float.
IE 1/8-3/16 welded flex, all new innards (Motor mount, everything) and maybe even hardware....

I hear you folks are the right guys to talk to about FE. Please Help me make this a serious FE build.

Thanks again.

Cope
03-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Just got the Mini Vortex, WOW. First impression, It looks WAY nicer than ANY RTR I've seen yet. This thing is a BEAUTY.
The glass is perfect. The finish I would give an 8 out of 10. It has some flaws in it (bubbels, under the (jell coat?)but dose have a very nice finish.
The inside is as roomy as it looks, TONS of room. The only issue I can see so far with going to a large motor is cowl clearance but that's an easy fix. All components are very well laid into the hull.
Hardware is fairly standard, No kick up rudder is the only draw back I see so far. One really poor thing I notice right away is the SS strut Allen. What a joke, It doesn't even make it near the Nylock section of the nut. It looks to be grabbing on one or two threads. I'm going to take it out and run it like this just to see if it falls off But it will be replaced after the shake down runs today.
The motor looks very small, but again I'll run it and see just what it's all about.
The prop looks quite small as well but will be tested in the first few runs. I'll be bringing out a bunch of props to test. Hopefully everything works out and I'll get some good testing.

Lastly the packaging was great, Double box with lots of foam packing. Some of it is now in the front sponsons for flotation.

Well I'm off to the lake. I hope the water is nice and flat.......

EDIT-Well don't ya know it, My stupid car wont start!!!! Got everything loaded up and the starter carps out...... Oo the humanity. Looks like it will be a few days until I get to play with toy boats....

Thanks again.