PDA

View Full Version : turnigy aquastar 120 arming prob

the savy fluxer
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
hey guys i have 2 boats im having problems with both have aquastar 120 amp esc's, both run 4s, and both have leopard 4074 2000 kv motors, one i have a tactic rx/tx and the other i have a spektrum dx6i/ar6100e.
i have the turnigy usb linker also. i cannot get either esc/motor to arm. both recievers are binding properly and i have checked the throtte part of the reciever by hooking the servo to it and i get the throttle to move the servo so i know its not a reciever issue. and my bats are fully charged and the esc was set for 4s also.
please any advice would be great:help:

what do you guys have for setting on your usb link for this setup?

Diesel6401
03-08-2011, 11:25 PM
hey guys i have 2 boats im having problems with both have aquastar 120 amp esc's, both run 4s, and both have leopard 4074 2000 kv motors, one i have a tactic rx/tx and the other i have a spektrum dx6i/ar6100e.
i have the turnigy usb linker also. i cannot get either esc/motor to arm. both recievers are binding properly and i have checked the throtte part of the reciever by hooking the servo to it and i get the throttle to move the servo so i know its not a reciever issue. and my bats are fully charged and the esc was set for 4s also.
please any advice would be great:help:

what do you guys have for setting on your usb link for this setup?

Not sure about the spektrum air rx, but the tactic turn the throttle trim knob full cw (arrow fully to the right) hold the radio full throttle hook up the batteries and it will make a series off beeps after the beeps go to neutral and it should beep again. The aquastar 120 is the same as the swordfish 120s sold here at OSE. They are both Hifei.

the savy fluxer
03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Not sure about the spektrum air rx, but the tactic turn the throttle trim knob full cw (arrow fully to the right) hold the radio full throttle hook up the batteries and it will make a series off beeps after the beeps go to neutral and it should beep again. The aquastar 120 is the same as the swordfish 120s sold here at OSE. They are both Hifei.

i did try this it wont even beep.

Diesel6401
03-09-2011, 01:07 AM
i did try this it wont even beep.

did you try throttle reversing?

the savy fluxer
03-09-2011, 01:22 AM
did you try throttle reversing?

yup
i feel like smashing this stuff ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.
thanks for trying

Diesel6401
03-09-2011, 01:31 AM
yup
i feel like smashing this stuff ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.
thanks for trying

No problem.

* I also had a pain in the butt programming it with a tactic. Then when I was about to throw it, it started working great lol and did good for a while until it got wet and went poof. These things are not water resistant I waterproof them now. I had 2 after the pain with the first I know how to do the second and all was well.

the savy fluxer
03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
anyone? please!
what do you have your esc programmed to for this setup?
thanks

JackBlack26
03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I bought a 90 amp one from another member of this board and had issues trying to program it with the USB link. I programmer it with the transmitter and now it works flawlessly. If you don't have the manual download it from the HK website. I foun it very easy to program. The key is to follow through the 10 steps of the programming web if your only programing 1 parameter.

Connect the batteries while holding full throttle. You should hear four beeps, then seven beeps that sound like a music note. It will then beep 10 times. I for each programing stage. See if you can get it to at least do that.

the savy fluxer
03-09-2011, 11:33 PM
ok, i have tried 3 different rx/tx, its not a calabration problem, i cant get them to even make a noise.

6sHyper
03-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I had a major headache trying to link the same esc with my radios, i first tried my jrxs3, then trx 2.4, and literally was about to smash the esc to bits!! the next day i hooked up the traxxas 2.4 pulled full throttle connected battery, AS SOON AS I CONNECTED THE BATTERY IT BEEPED INSTANTLY AND I QUICKLY LET OFF THE THROTTLE TO NEUTRAL. and it worked!! i dont even want to dare try and reclaibrate it though, LOL

the savy fluxer
03-11-2011, 01:28 AM
i think i figured out my problem. when i hooked up the stupid usb linker it changed the firmware. one other guy had this problem also but i cant figure out how to replace it.