PDA

View Full Version : batterys for bj26

Boats4fun89
01-05-2008, 02:41 AM
i am fairly new to the brushless boats. i just got a bj26 and need to know which batterys i can run. would 2 of the the ib 4200 7 cell packs be to much for teh stock controller and motor. or should i just get the 6 cell packs. alos im obviously going to get new hardware. i like the fullers ca hardware but where can i get the one that has the rudder off set. which will run better. and last i am confused on the whole BEC thing. can someone explain to me how that works. do i need to buy a BEC or does this boat have one built in and if so do i need to disable it wit that many cells??? thanks alot

obrien
01-05-2008, 08:09 AM
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=2048

this will give you all the info on the upraged hardware.

As far as batteries go, if you plan on running 7 cell packs, I would disconnect the BEC.
I would say to just run 6 cell battery packs. There is plenty of power available on 6 cells.

ReddyWatts
01-05-2008, 09:06 AM
BEC stands for battery ellimination circuit. This circuit powers the servos and Rx. The BEC (voltage regulater) in the controller is used when you are powering your reciever with the battery packs that run the motor. It uses the middle wire on the cable between the controller and the receiver, to power the receiver/servo. You can disconnect this wire and run a seperate battery pack for the receiver/servo. This is usually done when you are using more than 12 cells. You can burn up a controller if you do not disconnect this wire.