PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico on my mind

Nor Cal Chris
03-04-2011, 07:00 PM
After all of the great info from all of you on OSE forums I have ran her through four sets of LiPos and I'am officially addicted:thumbup1:. I replaced all connectors with 5.5 bulets, X642 prop, pro boat card and turnigy 2s 5000 Mah 2s1P LiPos. Still working on the bounce but it's getting better each run. Running for about five minutes hard. After five minutes of hard running the batts, ESC, connections and motor are all barely warm.:banana: This is my first ever FE boat and this has been a blast. I havent GPS the speed but I would estimate roughly 40 MPH with a fresh charge. Thank you all for the wealth of knowlege especially in the "MG race set up" and all of the other threads. :beerchug: You guys helped make my first FE boat a total success. :rockon2:

Diesel6401
03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Great job bud, glad your enjoying the hobby and the boat!!! Sounds like you did everything right...

:beerchug:

Darin Jordan
03-04-2011, 11:29 PM
You guys have NO IDEA how much I LOVE to hear this. It's a boat designed and built for YOU GUYS! Hopefully you all find it good out of the box, and easy to upgrade and tinker with to make GREAT!

Can't wait to see what we come out with next! ;)

tjdabomb
04-16-2014, 08:53 PM
You guys have NO IDEA how much I LOVE to hear this. It's a boat designed and built for YOU GUYS! Hopefully you all find it good out of the box, and easy to upgrade and tinker with to make GREAT!

Can't wait to see what we come out with next! ;)

Late chime in, but, I am also addicted to this boat. I have two 24's now, one in a box that has never seen the light of day, one that has been ridden hard and put away wet. love doing upgrades and seeing the results even though I have smoked the orig brushed motor, a 3300kv leo, the stock 45a brushless ESC (wow what smell). Built a rudder from scratch to eventually replace the steerable drive. epoxied the sponsons and repainted the bottom (I am a terrible painter). just fun. really is an addiction. great fun boat.

One thing that I find interesting...... the 24 does not wah wah. so many ppl on here have 29's with this prob, but, all the way up to my fastest time to date (45.6, 5s, x642, 1500kv prb) this boat won't wah. Not that I am complaining, I like that the boat sits and goes with no jumping. just wonder why the 24 doesn't have this unwanted characteristic.

kfxguy
04-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Late chime in, but, I am also addicted to this boat. I have two 24's now, one in a box that has never seen the light of day, one that has been ridden hard and put away wet. love doing upgrades and seeing the results even though I have smoked the orig brushed motor, a 3300kv leo, the stock 45a brushless ESC (wow what smell). Built a rudder from scratch to eventually replace the steerable drive. epoxied the sponsons and repainted the bottom (I am a terrible painter). just fun. really is an addiction. great fun boat.

One thing that I find interesting...... the 24 does not wah wah. so many ppl on here have 29's with this prob, but, all the way up to my fastest time to date (45.6, 5s, x642, 1500kv prb) this boat won't wah. Not that I am complaining, I like that the boat sits and goes with no jumping. just wonder why the 24 doesn't have this unwanted characteristic.

The one and only 24" geico I saw on video wah wah so bad I couldn't finish the video. Worse than any 29 I've ever seen. Maybe you got lucky? You say you modified the sponsons, that could be why.

tjdabomb
04-17-2014, 12:01 AM
The one and only 24" geico I saw on video wah wah so bad I couldn't finish the video. Worse than any 29 I've ever seen. Maybe you got lucky? You say you modified the sponsons, that could be why.

kfx -

actually, I haven't put the boat on the water since I trued the sponsons - I was talking pre-epoxy. My boat has never wahhed, no matter the speed, no matter the motor, no matter the weight. I doubt I could have gotten the one 24 that doesn't wah?

TheShaughnessy
04-17-2014, 09:08 AM
The one 24 I watched run was porpoising so bad it was barely drive able.

tjdabomb
04-17-2014, 10:11 AM
The one 24 I watched run was porpoising so bad it was barely drive able.

"watched" in person or on youtube?

I suppose some work could go into making the setup so bad that it would do that (batteries too far astern). the 24 is stock form really only allows the batteries to be fairly far forward. I dunno.... I haven't come across a 24 youtube video that has a 24 wahhing either.

ray schrauwen
04-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Mg 27 ???

can't wait to see what we come out with next! ;)

tjdabomb
04-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Mg 27 ???

RayRay -

You gotta think BIG!!! :bash:

MG 31!!!

:smile:

Darin Jordan
04-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Good Grief, Guys... this thread is over 2 years old...

How about a RockStar 48?? Or a BJ29, or an IM31 V2, or??? A "few" things have been released since I said that...

Damn boaters... never satisfied!! :bounce:

That said... Wait until you see what's coming out next... :spy:

Scamp73
04-18-2014, 09:13 AM

How about a RockStar 48?? Or a BJ29, or an IM31 V2, or??? A "few" things have been released since I said that...

Do tell Darin.....

Scamp73
04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
BTW, I ran my 1st ever heat races last weekend against several Motley's and well lets just say it was over quickly :-)

tjdabomb
04-18-2014, 09:56 AM

Time doesn't diminish the strong sentiment, DJ!!! :rockon2: Love my 24's!!! Ya, so I have blown some components up... so what!!! :flame42: That's just part of the fun!!

Now that 17 on the other hand, that one... not so much fun. Hard to upgrade, low perf to begin with.

Now tell me, MG 31 is the next, right?? :laugh:

Darin Jordan
04-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Now that 17 on the other hand, that one... not so much fun. Hard to upgrade, low perf to begin with.

I didn't have ANY input at all into the 24 or the 17, or the 9 for that matter... And, other than Pro Boat essentially up-sizing the original MG29 hull,which I DID do the design for, I didn't have any other input into the 48" gas boat either...

I've never seen a 24 or smaller in person, so I really can't help much on getting them "dialed"...

Sounds like you guys are doing a pretty good job on your own.

tjdabomb
04-18-2014, 12:45 PM
I didn't have ANY input at all into the 24 or the 17, or the 9 for that matter... And, other than Pro Boat essentially up-sizing the original MG29 hull,which I DID do the design for, I didn't have any other input into the 48" gas boat either...

I've never seen a 24 or smaller in person, so I really can't help much on getting them "dialed"...

Sounds like you guys are doing a pretty good job on your own.

I wish I could take credit for how well my 24 sits in the water, but, I really can't. Through all the iterations of motors and esc's, the boat has never wahhed for me - I cannot explain it. there are others (in this post) that have seen wah on the 24, but, mine just won't. I guess I can consider myself lucky. Mine does/did take in water from around the outdrive mount, but, some some clear caulk fixed that.

I trued the sponsons and did a terrible paint job on them afterwards, haha:bash: at least that part of the boat is usually underwater! hasn't been in the water yet, maybe Monday!! See how well this t-180 runs!!